Modest dress

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jesus wore white robes that sparkled in the sun, and he washed them in blood.

The only jewellery he wore was a crown ...of thorns. He also wore sandals, but took them off to wash peoples feet. I think he was modest, though he never wore pants.

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
My bible school teacher made a point. It says he that looketh on a woman to lust has already committed adultery "with her" in his heart. With her being that she is guilty too. It's almost impossible to lust after women that are fully clothed but some women are guilty of being half nude.
I've been to those churches before and it really doesn't work. Many in those churches have a covering but it isn't of the Lord. It is a tradition of men and religion that drives it and well, it can be seen. You'll have women wearing skirts and blouses so tight that it leaves nothing at all to the imagination. You can see their panty lines. Same with some men. They look like they are straight out of an 80s rock video with the skin-tight jeans. Then they got their shirts tucked in to make sure they give all us gals a good show.

Truth is modesty is all in the heart. If you are not a modest person you can make anything unmodest. I would rather wear my above-the-knee skirts and modest pants/shorts than put on a show at church to try to get attention in a skin-tight-fitting skirt or dress. While thinking I'm hiding my intentions from the Lord.

So I guess that's the answer...God sees our hearts and knows our intentions.

PS...My dad always said that men with little weak puny arms come up with the rule that men can only wear long sleeves. He said they were jealous of other men and embarrassed to show their own arms...lol

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I've been to those churches before and it really doesn't work. Many in those churches have a covering but it isn't of the Lord. It is a tradition of men and religion that drives it and well, it can be seen. You'll have women wearing skirts and blouses so tight that it leaves nothing at all to the imagination. You can see their panty lines. Same with some men. They look like they are straight out of an 80s rock video with the skin-tight jeans. Then they got their shirts tucked in to make sure they give all us gals a good show.

Truth is modesty is all in the heart. If you are not a modest person you can make anything unmodest. I would rather wear my above-the-knee skirts and modest pants/shorts than put on a show at church to try to get attention in a skin-tight-fitting skirt or dress. While thinking I'm hiding my intentions from the Lord.

So I guess that's the answer...God sees our hearts and knows our intentions.

PS...My dad always said that men with little weak puny arms come up with the rule that men can only wear long sleeves. He said they were jealous of other men and embarrassed to show their own arms...lol
Lol...I like your dad.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No? How do you know? What is a Trans person? Today those who go and operate and make an alteration to their gender are referred to as transgender. There are Transgender communities in India that castrate the person without an operation. So that happens. And once it is done, they become unworthy of salvation and cannot find their way back to God? I don't think so. And God does not ostracise any gender in the Bible. A Eunuch is a man without the male sex organ. Castrated. So where do all those people go? All should be welcome in the Church. Just because the Church allows transgenders in Church community doesn't mean that they are automatically saved. It's a chance for them to find their way back to God. And the doors must always be open for that.
That sure was a peculiar response to my post.

Jul 14, 2019
Well our bible college makes pastors and missionaries so they say they teach professionalism. You gotta wear a tie too and shave. We also don't watch tv. It's just a school rule on the tv to most but you get an ardent brother or two who say even christian movies are wrong. I personally have non christian movies though my wife is a fan of hallmark and Christian movies.

L

Locoponydirtman

Well our bible college makes pastors and missionaries so they say they teach professionalism. You gotta wear a tie too and shave. We also don't watch tv. It's just a school rule on the tv to most but you get an ardent brother or two who say even christian movies are wrong. I personally have non christian movies though my wife is a fan of hallmark and Christian movies.
Because thats what Jesus and his disciples did....
if i walk into a church and the pastor looks and dressed like a politician id leave. And if some politician, banker, ceo looking guy came up to me on the street, i wouldnt much lay him any mind.

L

Locoponydirtman

I dont much care for the vestment of the preists of mammon.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
As long as you dont wear a t shirt to church that says 'Im with stupid' I think you'll be safe.

Mar 25, 2020
That sure was a peculiar response to my post.
You would think it peculiar because you've never been among Transgender communities much. You don't know how society dehumanizes them. You would not have worked for their relief. There is a huge population of them in India. So, what is peculiar and strange to you isn't to us. We see them everyday when we commute by train, by bus. So, it's not that strange to us.

Jan 25, 2023
It's good that you are looking for feminine and decent clothes that also follows the dress code of your group.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
At no time are we to accept perversion.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
In samoa they have faafine
It is quite common. Because of small popularion and they need more girls.
Its actually encourgaed by the families/parents.

But then in China they killed baby girls, female infanticide is very common.

In the Bible it was Hebrew baby boys.

When babies are born usually they are just wrapped in cloth, no matter what gender they are. its only when they reach a certain age that parents start dressing them in 'girl' clothes and 'boy' clothes although the clothing manufacturers have started differentiating them from very young, as theres a market for 'boy' colours and 'girl' colours, usually pink for girls and blue for boys. bit never used to be like that.

Chritening gowns were always the same white colour and used for both boys and girls.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Unisex clothing is quite common I dont know what the big deal is though

Both girls and boys can wear t shirts and jeans its like a teens uniform.

does anybody wear jeans skirts they arent that great or practical.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Everyone should just wear tunics and leggings like in the middle ages.
I think they are practical.

At least we dont have sumptuary laws like they had in Venice that dicated what people wore because the wealthy were getting way too carried away with their clothing choices.

Jan 25, 2023
It's good that you are looking for feminine and decent clothes that also follows the dress code of your group.
I think it's important to consider not only what is considered modest but also what makes you feel comfortable and confident.
In terms of finding modest clothing, I recommend checking out bellabarnett.com. They have a great selection of feminine and decent clothes that could be perfect for your group. They have a wide range of skirts and dresses for women. It's always worth taking a look and see if there's something that catches your eye.