We all have been given the right to choose what we want to believe, and are also required by God to confirm the truth. In relation to your (and mine) explanations given, Joseph Smith's interpretations are also just as questionable concerning what we have been discussing using the KJV, or for that matter any Bible translation. It is obvious to me that the Book of Mormon cannot confirm anything that is not already written in Bible translations when we discern via the Holy Spirit of God.
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
1 Corinthians 13:12 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly ; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
The only thing that has been proven in the past pages of conversation is that the existence of us being "spirit children" before we were born is very questionable and cannot be proven. If you ask me to prove that isn't so, then I can also ask you to prove via scripture that it is. So I ask myself, "What is the reason for ministering something that cannot be proven in scripture?" The answer is "there is no reason. On top of that, if it was true that I was a "spirit child" before I was born, how does it edify me now?" There are many and greater things in scripture that can be proven. It is best for God's children, through Christ Jesus, to edify each other with proven truth.
1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.