Most argued over topics

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
Okay, DON'T START FIGHTING. XD This is just out of curiosity. Some Christians are just divided and have different opinions about certain Christian subjects such as speaking in tongues. Some Christians say it means one thing and then some other Christians say it means something else. Same with celebrating Christmas (some say yes some say no) and different church denominations. What other things do born again believers seem to have different opinions about that you have noticed?
 
Okay, DON'T START FIGHTING. XD This is just out of curiosity. Some Christians are just divided and have different opinions about certain Christian subjects such as speaking in tongues. Some Christians say it means one thing and then some other Christians say it means something else. Same with celebrating Christmas (some say yes some say no) and different church denominations. What other things do born again believers seem to have different opinions about that you have noticed?

Abiding by the 10 Commandments, the fourth commandment in particular.
 
Whether certain holidays are satanic in origin ( Christmas, Halloween, V-day for examples) and should be celebrated or not. If you DO celebrate these holidays, SOME people here will call you a satan worshipper and tell you you're gonna go to hell (yes, that's happened to me on here).

Whether the KJV (or whichever version) of the bible is the ONLY one we should read or not. Let's see, abortion/rape/birth control is a touchy subject here. Everyone has differing opinions on that. People have differing opinions on whether our animals will be in heaven or not. Some say yes, others no. The bible itself says there WILL be animals in heaven, so I dunno what all the fuss is about. :) These are just some examples of what people disagree on, here on CC.
 
CC is a dysfunctional but happy family with varying points of view. Lady Blue just about nailed what the hot button topics of discussion are. It helps to be thick skinned around the Judge Mental types. Overall, this site has been a very positive experience for me as I have met many wonderful people including my future wife.
 
CC is a dysfunctional but happy family with varying points of view. Lady Blue just about nailed what the hot button topics of discussion are. It helps to be thick skinned around the Judge Mental types. Overall, this site has been a very positive experience for me as I have met many wonderful people including my future wife.

I've met alot of great people on here.. tourist and JesusLives, psychomom, Blain, Joidevivre, are some of the many people whom I love on here.. Alot of friends have also left or been banned.
 
Something for us Christians to think about in this topics that are argued over. Please pay attention to the verses I have listed below.

Have you ever looked around and watched what most of Christiandom is doing? like Where are the majority? Then read the Bible verses below if the majority is heading for destruction, then Where and who are the minority?

God says that a remnant will be left that is a small amount usually very small and Revelation tells us who they are:

Revelation 12:17
English Standard Version
Then the dragon became furious with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.



Matthew 7:12-14 ESV

The Golden Rule

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

The Bible also asks if there will be faith found on the earth at the end....Makes you wonder a little doesn't it? I can't speak for you but it does make me wonder......

Luke 18:8
New Living Translation
I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?"
 
I almost didn't read this thread - the word "argue about" turned me off. But it was a slow morning. And then I saw in big, bold beautiful letters that I WAS LOVED. It makes my morning. The thread that I least wanted to read.

Thank you Blue. I won't argue with anyone the rest of the day - I promise.
 
I think there are alot of ppl who will be surprised when they look across the table at the wedding supper and see someone they had doctrinal differences with-even better I have this ridiculous picture of Jesus saying "All right, you kids, no more bickering-we are a family." Just because one does not agree with every single belief another holds doesn't mean they are not going to heaven. WE ARE a family. Father, bless us all on the name of Jesus. Amen
 
well i think there should be a different list of topics GRRR GRRR GRRRR

:D

just kidding

carry on :)

btw does anyone know which font symbolizes sarcasm?
 
in my opinion, one of the biggest things, though few directly say it, is things that denominations teach vs. what the Bible actually means.
 
Hmmm, you forgot to mention water baptism, end times prophecy, who is the antichrist and what is the mark of the beast, faith and works, do we have free will??? A lot of division on these.
 
I used to start threads with these certain subjects mostly because I had questions and wanted to learn but I soon learned that these subjects are almost always to be avoided. The rapture, the tribulation, the sabbath, obeying the ten commandments, If God loves and hates, being perfect and these are simply a few of them. It wouldn't be a [problem if ppl knew how to debate in a loving manner but the thing is mostly it isn't about the debate. Debating is for the purpose of learning the truth, however most ppl debate to prove their right not learning.

However even these kinds of debates has its perks, you can test your heart for one. You will really see what is in a persons heart in such debates and you can really see how strong in love you are too. But cc is an amazing place and I have grown so much in my time here and met many amazing ppl as well. Blue including herself mentioned some of my closest friends
 
Also I don't think its only the large list of things debated about but much more of the attitudes behind some people. I mean, if we were at church discussing these things, would you actually talk to me the way you do on the forum? Far out.
 
Hmmm, you forgot to mention water baptism, end times prophecy, who is the antichrist and what is the mark of the beast, faith and works, do we have free will??? A lot of division on these.

The list of the most argued topics is more extensive then I realized and these can be divisive at times. I wonder what are the topics that would tend to unify rather than divide?
 
Definitely, the most debated one is faith versus works or how does a person get saved.
 
Also I don't think its only the large list of things debated about but much more of the attitudes behind some people. I mean, if we were at church discussing these things, would you actually talk to me the way you do on the forum? Far out.


I would agree that most of the debates have already been mentioned, and that I agree with breno here that the big issue I feel on here is how others attitudes are toward others.
If we are debating our differences in a loving, appreciative manner then I don't have an issue with it. For the bible does say to question and test all things, and use debates for edifying, instructive, and learning purposes.
But some want to get hateful and condemning toward others when we don't see eye to eye with them. That is not proper Christian attitude, and is not how a Christian should walk in their faith.
 
Okay, DON'T START FIGHTING. XD This is just out of curiosity. Some Christians are just divided and have different opinions about certain Christian subjects such as speaking in tongues. Some Christians say it means one thing and then some other Christians say it means something else. Same with celebrating Christmas (some say yes some say no) and different church denominations. What other things do born again believers seem to have different opinions about that you have noticed?

- Can a christian lose their salvation
- Should women be allowed to preach
- If/when divorced people can get remarried
- Are we saved by our faith alone or by our works
- Is "self-stimulation" a sin
- Do we have soulmates
- The Rapture: during trib? pre-trib? post-trib?
- Offensive/non-offensive clothing (or lack of clothing)
- The trinity
- what is the Holy Spirit
- What is the definition of God's grace
- and of course... tatoos
 
Last edited:
There are a lot of people here who have an attitude that their opinion is the only one and that no one else's opinion can be valid. I joined this forum thinking it would be a little like a church family but it isn't. I have learned who I can relax with and also those not to get into debates with. I don't think the topic matters, some people just have to be right.
 
There are a lot of people here who have an attitude that their opinion is the only one and that no one else's opinion can be valid. I joined this forum thinking it would be a little like a church family but it isn't. I have learned who I can relax with and also those not to get into debates with. I don't think the topic matters, some people just have to be right.

Your first sentence is most profound. For myself, I would rather be happy than right. Your last sentence is right on the money too.