Most Christians are ignorant of Gods word concerning diet and lifestyle

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Forgive me if this has been answered already. I'm going through reading this thread from the beginning now, but I have seen this mentioned earlier as well (about mixing sweet fruits and citrus fruits)

What does that do? Why are you advising against that? I've come across many fruit salad recipes that do mix sweet fruits and citrus fruits, so I'm curious why it's advised not to>
Thanks
It can cause eamps or some pain. It can lead to fermentation. It makes digestion harder.

G

Godsgirl83

Because it makes digestion harder, uses more energy, leads to fermentation and purification and advanced glycation.
ah.. ok thanks.
So meat + smashed potatoes is a no-no? Oh boy yikes! do I ever have a lot of redesigning meals to do!

G

Godsgirl83

It can lead to fermentation.
what does this mean? When I think of "fermentation" I think of something like grapes to wine or apples to cider vinegar. So what exactly does that mean for the body?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Putrifiation, fermentation.
Not good for the body. Off gassing, inflammation, compromised nutrient absorption, lowered immune system.

G

Godsgirl83

Ah. Ok. Thanks for explaining.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Unfortunately it is my experience that most people, Christians or otherwise, upwards of around 97%, do not really know what a biologically healing, chemically altering diet is.
The sad part is that the diet is simply stated in the first chapter of the bible.
Would that portion of scripture cover the typical jewish diet that Christ enjoyed? Or the locusts that John the Baptist lived on? If not, we ought to be careful judging those who eat anything other than what we feel is right or natural.

Unless you have a way to purify all the rain water and air and soil from the toxic chemicals mankind has filled them with, nothing is pure as it once was, everything we eat, drink, and breathe in is chemically contaminated. If you do find a way, such as distilling water for example, you will find it then lacks vital elements that "naturally sourced" water should contain.

Our genetics and our environment are affected by many factors out of our control. A friend's mother for example, has several health problems, requiring conflicting diets to manage. It is a no win situation for her no matter how natural or balanced she tries to be in her eating. Many are born with allergies they have no say in, and did nothing to cause. There are people allergic to many natural products such as nuts and some fruits and veg.

Many people in our world starve for lack of calories, never mind nutrition, and they are thankful for whatever morsel comes their way.
They will die of something one day, we all will, even the most healthy of us. The "healthiest" person I ever met was killed by a regular cold virus that affected his heart!

Yes eating rubbish all the time will take its toll, but so will stressing about rules and regulations and being weighed down by the cares and concerns of this life. So will consuming "healthy" foods you have trouble digesting or absorbing or are allergic to, no matter how good they are for someone else.

If it is sin for you to eat it, you mustn't.
If it affects your health in a way that concerns you, again, don't eat it.

But we mustn't make assumptions about those who have no convictions - or choice in some cases - about what they consume.
For the kingdom is not a matter of food and drink.
It is the word of God that nourishes and sustains a man, it is the will of God that determines the date of a man's death, and it is not what goes into a man that defiles him, but what comes out of his heart after all.

In short, live by your convictions, and give thanks for what you eat and drink, don't judge those who have freedom in the area of food and drink that you don't have.

Whatever you do in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
No sugers, no grains. You need to be in ketosis. You can cure type 2 diabetes with diet.
I am a 96 year old diet controlled diabetic. I found that the American diet of processed carbs is called the SAD diet. If someone put out a diet to result it diabetes, this is the diet they would give.

Here are some things you need to know to control diabetes, and to be healthy:

After a grain--any grain--is processed and changed from how God created it, it will not act in our bodies as God created food and the body to go together. It is the same with everything we eat: beef that has its diet changed in a feedlot, chickens that never walk on real ground with it's food for them, milk that is homogenized, oils that are manufactured instead of pressed, flour from wheat that is redone instead of just ground, cereal from processed grains, and on and on. It is almost impossible to buy only unprocessed foods unless you are wealthy, but it is often possible to choose the best available.

You can buy whole grains. Bob's Red Mill sells them on the west coast. Watch peanut butter to be sure oil is on the top so it is not homogenized. You can spend lots for flavorful virgin olive oil, but some is quite reasonable. Usually, if a food is white it is often empty calories that turns to sugar in the body, harmful to diabetics, like most pasta. You can judge lettuce by the color: the white crisp head lettuce is almost empty calories. Never buy yogurt that does not have alive bacteria cultures. Be sure your honey is raw, processing honey destroys its health giving properties. Add herbs and spices to your food, research the health giving properties of each. Use lots of Ceylon (not Cassia) cinnamon in your drinks and food.

If your diet follows this rule you will have controlled diabetes and eat to make you healthy. "If the Lord created it and no man tampered with it, it is fine to eat".

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
would you trust this flour? King Arthur was in business when George Washingto was President, a really old company and highly esteemed among bakers.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ki...0-lb-organic-whole-wheat-flour/104991867.html
King Arthur flour is made with hard red wheat, so even their white flour has a higher protein content than other flour. This means the bread is of higher quality and has more flavor. It is better to use their whole wheat flour, but if you do you must make a sponge to set overnight so the flour absorbs the liquid. Otherwise, the bread will not rise properly.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have heard real good bakers say using king Arthur makes a difference that is worth, the hard red wheat may be the reason, and yes, allowing the flour to absorb the water is a big difference as well, I didn't know over night was important, so you would trust this as a flour that isn't too "messed with"?
Thank you kindly for this information.

Feb 28, 2016
HELLO!!!
do your research people, and don't even go into anything 'white/sugar/processed!!!
it's DEAD FOOD that leads to DEATH!!!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I hope and believe that was included in the warning about staying out of the middle of the grocery store where the processed stuff is that would include the poison that is sugar.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I have heard real good bakers say using king Arthur makes a difference that is worth, the hard red wheat may be the reason, and yes, allowing the flour to absorb the water is a big difference as well, I didn't know over night was important, so you would trust this as a flour that isn't too "messed with"?
Thank you kindly for this information.
When the wheat berry is changed so that only the starchy, white part is used, it is not as good for our bodies as leaving the wheat berry intact and just grinding it. Using King Arthur flour is much better than using flour that has less protein content.

I don't think 'overnight" is a rule, just making a sponge and giving it time enough to have the liquid absorbed is the rule.

G

Godsgirl83

It is better to use their whole wheat flour, but if you do you must make a sponge to set overnight so the flour absorbs the liquid. Otherwise, the bread will not rise properly.
:unsure: what does that mean "make a sponge to set overnight"????
or
I don't think 'overnight" is a rule, just making a sponge and giving it time enough to have the liquid absorbed is the rule.

so if I use that flour does it mean I mix with the wet ingrediants and let sit for a while? (like how long?)

G

Godsgirl83

what about organic pure cane sugar?

I am trying to get away from white processed sugar, but do enjoy baking oh so very much.
Trying to figure out how to tweak classic favorite recipes in a healthier way.
I am unable to us Stevia or erythritol. I get just a grain or 2 on my tongue, and my tummy gets upset, I feel :sick:
I know these are suppose to be much healthier, and am hoping eventually to be able to use them...... I figure if I slowly switch from process white to other forms that eventualy my body might be able to adjust.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
HELLO!!!
do your research people, and don't even go into anything 'white/sugar/processed!!!
it's DEAD FOOD that leads to DEATH!!!
I'm dying by degrees each day as I'm into the white thing.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Hi GG, I found this review of Purecane Sweetener, pretty informative and he gives himself blood glucose tests at different times to test his bodies reaction.
I would look more but I have just gotten home from a sleep study and am exhausted, lol!
Think I need a nap.

G

Godsgirl83

Hi GG, I found this review of Purecane Sweetener, pretty informative and he gives himself blood glucose tests at different times to test his bodies reaction.
I would look more but I have just gotten home from a sleep study and am exhausted, lol!
Think I need a nap.
thanks.
hey aren't you suppose to "sleep" in a "sleep study"???:unsure:
(just teasin' ya :p )