Multi-millionaire preachers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 12, 2017
I do wonder why this is so important to so many people...How does this affect their lives anyway?
I did not say it affected me, because it does not....I am faithful to my call and send for the current season....

May 13, 2017
I did not say it affected me, because it does not....I am faithful to my call and send for the current season....
I'm glad it does not. I was asking the question in a general sense though.

Jan 24, 2009
If you got good pay, which I assume you do, and invested it with Gods leading, which most of us do not, I would assume that they would get rich. Then they tithe on their income, which many of us do not, and God blesses them more. They get rich, well that lines up with the Word. They give to the poor, they give offerings as well as tithe, and guess what? God blesses them more. Then God tells this man, buy this property and pay this much. The man obeys, Next thing you know, there is freeway going through, and guess what again? They want his land for a interchange. The man who obeyed God and bought the land now makes a huge profit, some of which he keeps and most of what he gives as offerings....

How can you question the prosperity of a man who follows Gods Word and obeys Gods instructions? Instead, Why don't you do the same? Then people can bad mouth you! Now that sounds like fun.
Then they tithe on their income....How can you question the prosperity of a man who follows Gods Word and obeys Gods instructions? Unless they're demanding types of 3 tithes they aren't doing the correct number as mentioned in the O.T. and Mal 3:10. As for them, which of the O.T. types of tithes are they giving and why?

May 13, 2017

Then they tithe on their income....How can you question the prosperity of a man who follows Gods Word and obeys Gods instructions? Unless they're demanding types of 3 tithes they aren't doing the correct number as mentioned in the O.T. and Mal 3:10. As for them, which of the O.T. types of tithes are they giving and why?
Don't try your Jedi mind tricks on me. Keep it simple. Its not complicated so don't make it so.

Jan 24, 2009
Don't try your Jedi mind tricks on me. Keep it simple. Its not complicated so don't make it so.
Admitting you are that they didn't teach you about the Levitical, Festival, and Poor tithes?!

Disturbing this is...

starwars3_clip27.jpg

Consider this our readers should!

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
A lot of people that are rich are rich by the works of their own hands. It is where their hearts are. where your treasures are ,so is your heart. riches might be a blessing, but God can turn the blessing into a curse. Everybody that wanted to follow Jesus that had riches, he told them what they must do. Go sell all you have and give it to the poor, then you can follow me. A lot was disappointed , and walked away. People change when they get rich. their trust is in their money, they don't need God to meet their needs, their money will do that.. Jesus said that it would be hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. does that go for those that came in broke and then got rich? Do they have more treasures stored in heaven than they do on earth.? Who knows., but God.

May 13, 2017
A lot of people that are rich are rich by the works of their own hands. It is where their hearts are. where your treasures are ,so is your heart. riches might be a blessing, but God can turn the blessing into a curse. Everybody that wanted to follow Jesus that had riches, he told them what they must do. Go sell all you have and give it to the poor, then you can follow me. A lot was disappointed , and walked away. People change when they get rich. their trust is in their money, they don't need God to meet their needs, their money will do that.. Jesus said that it would be hard for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. does that go for those that came in broke and then got rich? Do they have more treasures stored in heaven than they do on earth.? Who knows., but God.
Well, there was the rich young ruler.....Who were the rest of the 'lot'?

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
the scribes and the pharisees in high places. he was not the only rich person in the land.

May 13, 2017
the scribes and the pharisees in high places. he was not the only rich person in the land.
The young man was the only one Jesus to give his money away though. And Jesus did say the man would have it all back too. I don't know why Christians ignore that.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Im not saying he was not going to get it back, but turning it loose was the hardest part, because he did not trust Jesus word,for that reason he did not become a christian. It's called loose your life in order to save it.

May 13, 2017
Im not saying he was not going to get it back, but turning it loose was the hardest part, because he did not trust Jesus word,for that reason he did not become a christian. It's called loose your life in order to save it.
Well Gabriel I'll agree with that. I like to think the young man caught on later and came around.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
that's possible. he was the only rich ruler that ask. their was others that would not.

D

Depleted

Am I the only one that questions the motives of preachers that become multi-millionaires ?
I don't expect them to live in poverty, but really!!!
Actually, if you don't expect them to live in poverty, you're part of the extreme minority in Christianity. Most Christians really do expect them to live in poverty and be happy about it.

Truthfully, to me, it depends on where the millions (and billions by now) come from.

Inherit it? Cool!

Write books that sell? Very cool!

Invent an easy way to haul in and then store the week's groceries? I need to talk to you pronto!
:eek:

Have a good job and preach on the side? Can't say I understand how you prepare to preach, but I won't hold it against you.

But con people? That just turns the man into a conman, not a preacher.

D

Depleted

I wouldn't watch any 'preachers' on TV, especially those that dress extravagantly and drive fancy cars and live in gigantic houses that were paid for by so-called 'love gifts'. Their motive is to accumulate wealth. Truthfully, I haven't given this topic much thought as I really don't care. If people are foolish enough to support these shysters that's their problem, not mine.
Charles Stanley is good.

D

Depleted

I have been told that God blesses some men with the opportunity and ability to gain great wealth, and I believe that.
My concern is how that person uses that wealth if he is a Christian.
I have no doubt that these men give a great deal of that wealth to the needy as they should.
BUT, I often see these men spend millions of dollars on houses, cars, airplanes, clothes, jewelry,etc.
Just how much more could they do for the needy if they lived a more modest life?
As I said before, I do not expect them or any Christian to live in poverty.
Would not a Christian have a desire to give the extra that God gives him to others instead of spending it on unnecessary worldly things?
I do not question their salvation, nor should I.
But motive, yes I do, because I do not understand how a person that has dedicated his life to preaching the Gospel could choose such a life of luxury while others are in need.
Funny, I see many middle-class Christians spend money on cars, plane trips, clothes, jewelry, vacations, mongo phone and TV service, vacations, big-boy toys, etc. Should I be judging them simply because I'm not them too?