John 8
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my “saying” (#3058 word) he shall never see death.
If attempting to keep the “Word” of Jesus Christ, is earning salvation, I am guilty.
John 5
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
If the One by Whom all things have been Made in heaven and here on earth, can do nothing of Himself,
then my ability to earn my own salvation is less than ZERO.
Even this I cannot do by my own power If a man keep my saying If I could keep it by my own power and ability,
then I have ‘earned’ life eternal.
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Again --- how is it possible that I can obey by my own power—some mornings I have difficulty just getting out of bed. I am well aware just how limited is my ability.
Any that foolishly think they can do anything, even simply believing in Jesus, do not understand.
Anything a person thinks they can do, by their own power, even just believing --- is earning their salvation by their own efforts! --- salvation is a gift, unearnable GIFT of GOD.
There is NOT one thing any can do on their own. You cannot even seek God the Father or Christ; the Father must draw you. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: the word draw is also ‘drag’, which is how I began to follow Jesus Christ. I never on my own would have come.
The many reject any thing from the O T I post, and yet 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
I will use the Old and the New Testament to continue my grown, my understanding of the TRUTH of God. Jesus Christ is the author of both the Old and the New.
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my “saying” (#3058 word) he shall never see death.
If attempting to keep the “Word” of Jesus Christ, is earning salvation, I am guilty.
John 5
19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
If the One by Whom all things have been Made in heaven and here on earth, can do nothing of Himself,
then my ability to earn my own salvation is less than ZERO.
Even this I cannot do by my own power If a man keep my saying If I could keep it by my own power and ability,
then I have ‘earned’ life eternal.
30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Again --- how is it possible that I can obey by my own power—some mornings I have difficulty just getting out of bed. I am well aware just how limited is my ability.
Any that foolishly think they can do anything, even simply believing in Jesus, do not understand.
Anything a person thinks they can do, by their own power, even just believing --- is earning their salvation by their own efforts! --- salvation is a gift, unearnable GIFT of GOD.
There is NOT one thing any can do on their own. You cannot even seek God the Father or Christ; the Father must draw you. 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: the word draw is also ‘drag’, which is how I began to follow Jesus Christ. I never on my own would have come.
The many reject any thing from the O T I post, and yet 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
I will use the Old and the New Testament to continue my grown, my understanding of the TRUTH of God. Jesus Christ is the author of both the Old and the New.