My Best Explanation for the Trinity. Thoughts?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Those who have been in the military will understand the term need to know. The Bible was written for us no a need to know perspective. It's all we need to know, certainly not everything about God that would take a lot of trees. lol.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Actually lillywold I am a Trinitarian. If you look at my post to mr. jersey I put the letters "pda" under my name which stands for "playing devil's advocate." I wanted to see how he addressed the verses I gave him like Revelation 3:14 which the Jw's use to show Jesus is a created being, as well as Proverbs 8. The oneness pentecostals love to use Isaiah 9:6 to prove that Jesus Christ is God the Father. Of course that is not what Isaiah 9:6 is teaching nor is John 14:9 teaching that Jesus is the Father. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto
I'll just respond with this. Jesus said, he and the father are one. John 10:30

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
By all means, show me. Warning: I received my teacher when He came to live with me. View attachment 188401
Ok deade, I have not forgotten about you. And for all those reading this post I am a Trinitarian. I was playing "Devil's advocate" when I posted Revelation 3:14, Isaiah 9:6 and other verses to mr. jersey the starter of this thread.

Now, the word Trinity is not found in the Bible and neither is the word "monotheism" found in the bible but we all know the Bible teaches that God is one just like the Bible teaches God is a Trinity of three distinct persons. The word Trinity is a word of convience or a shorthad way of describing the one God as three distinct persons.

So, to put it simply the Trinity is BASED on the fact that the Bible is "EXPLICIT" in telling us that there is, was and forever will be onoly ONE God and the fact that the Bible "IDENTIFIES" three (and only) three persons as God.

There are not three separate gods, there are not three gods, there are not three modes or roles of God, just the one God who clearly manifest Himself as three distinct persons. Within the Bible God the Father is identified as God from numerous verses that say God the Father is God. God the Son is also clearly called God at John 20:28, Titus 2:13, 2 Peter 1:1 and at other verses. God the Holy Spirit is called God at Acts 5:4.

What usually happens is those that deny the deity of Jesus Christ or even the Holy Spirit go out of their way to make excuses that the verses I just gave don't mean what they say. For instance, how many of you have used John 20:28 where Thomas declares Jesus Christ to be (it literally says) "The Lord of me and the God of me) that Thomas is addressing God the Father as God, not the Son.

Now, I've put this presentation in a very simple format. A more detainled presentation would be as follows. The Bible identifes God by five means that I'm aware of.
(1) By His names
(2) By His titles
(3) By His unique attributes
(4) By His unique actions
(5) By His worship

For instance, let's take His titles. Who in the Bible is recognized as "Lord, King, Savior, Redeemer etc.? Or who in the Bible is recognized by His unique actions? Salvation of men, credited with creation, and the orgin of God's word.

Keep in mind, only the three persons of the Trinity receive some combination of these five literaly means of identifying adn distinguishing God from all that is not God. Men do not have the unique attributes of being, "omnipresence, omnipotence, omnipotent etc.

Like I said, your going to get a lot of resistence from the anti's but that is the nature of apologetics. Know and study your Bible because as the Apostle Peter stated at 1 Peter 3;15, "but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, ALWAYS BEING READY TO MAKE A DEFENSE to everyone who ask you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence." I hope this helps and makes sense. Any questions I will be more than happy to address. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Apr 15, 2017
I know a lot of people believe in a trinity, and if I am wrong I am certainly not doing it on purpose, and would do nothing to harm the word of God.

But when I read the Bible I do not see a trinity.

But one God who is a Holy Spirit, which is why the Spirit moved in creation, and the man Christ Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit dwells in the saints.

And Father is a title for God, and the Son is the man Christ Jesus.

Not 3 persons in one God, but the 3 relationships that God has with His children designated by titles.

Father- parent of the saints.

Son- God's visible relationship to the saints, and God in visible activity.

Holy Spirit- God's invisible relationship to the saints, and God in invisible activity.

But it is the same God with no distinction of persons.

They say there is 3 persons in one God, so that would mean that it would take all 3 persons to make one God, but then say God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, which then they are saying there is 3 Gods.

In the Old Testament God the Father said, is there a God beside Me, yea, there is no God, I know not any.

And before Me there was no God formed, and neither shall there be after Me, I am the Lord, and there is no Savior beside Me.

In the New Testament it says, but to us there is but one God, the Father, which all things are of Him.

And in another place, one God, and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Let us make man in our image.

In the Old Testament Adam made in the image of God.

In the New Testament Adam made in the image of Christ.

The image of God is the image of Christ.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
All things were created by Him, and without Him was not anything created that was created.

In the beginning was the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and that plan was with God before He laid down the foundation of the world, and that plan was God manifest in the flesh.
All things were created with the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and without that plan God would of not created anything He created.

God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, for if it is a plan of God to happen in the future, it is the same as if it happened in the beginning, for it will surely come to pass with no hindrance.

Which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and the prophets blood shed from the foundation of the world, and all the works were finished from the foundation of the world, although they were future events.

God created Adam in the image that He would show up in the future, and that is an innocent nature in flesh.

So the man Christ Jesus has to be part of that image, and can be considered in the beginning before He is born, because God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened.

So the let us make man in our image is God the Father, and the man Christ Jesus.

The name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is Jesus.

Which Jesus created all things, came in flesh, and dwells in the flesh.

Luke says that baptism is to be done in the name of Jesus.

All that we do in word and deed we do all in the name Jesus.

There is no other name by which we are saved but by the name of Jesus.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are not names but titles, and it says name singular.

Jews, Gentiles, and Samaritans, were all baptized in the name of Jesus in the book of Acts.

The Son shall be called the everlasting Father.

The Father said in the Old Testament that He would reveal a new name to the Jews, and speak to them.

Jesus told Philip that if He has seen Him, he has seen the Father, and the words that He speaks are not His own, but the Father that dwells in Him, He does the works.

The prophet Agur asked what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell, and Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, so it is both the name of the Father and Son.

The Son inherited the name from the Father.

The Holy Spirit comes in the name of Jesus.

Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus at the right hand of God.

Jesus said all power is given to Me in heaven, and earth.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, which only a sinless man can approach a holy God on mankind's behalf, but no man is sinless so God manifest Himself in flesh, which means God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God, for God cannot be separated.

And God reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony, which God gave us His human life, and purchased the Church with His own blood.

The Bible says the Lord is that Spirit.

David said, the LORD said unto My Lord, sit at My right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

Which the Son must reign until all His enemies are conquered, then the Son shall submit to the Father, that God may be all in all.

Since the man Christ Jesus is our Savior God exalted Him to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, until His enemies are conquered, then the Son shall stop being at the right hand, that God may be all in all.

God is ruling through the man Christ Jesus for the sake of the saints.

Jesus is not sitting on a throne next to the Father, for there is only one throne in heaven, and one who sits on that throne, which it is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

The Bible says that Jesus dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, and no person has seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, for He is God the invisible Spirit, but He showed us a visible image of Himself, and that way He saved us, and our visible relationship to God.

Jesus is the only person we will see in heaven as an image of God to His saints forever.

There is not a trinity, there is only one God who is a Holy Spirit, and that is why the Spirit moved in creation, and Jesus was conceived by the Spirit, and the Spirit dwells in the saints, and Father is a title for God, and the Son is the man Christ Jesus.

When the Protestants protested against the Roman Catholic Church they did not protest enough, but held unto that trinity doctrine, but the Bible does not teach a trinity, but one God with no distinction of persons, which cannot be denied, neither can anyone prove it with that vast amount of scriptures testifying there is one God.

By believing in a trinity you break the commandment, thou shalt have no other gods before Me, and do not exalt Jesus as the one true God, but put Him second place.

No wonder many miracles do not get done, and people do not have the power to overcome the flesh.

Do not let the Catholic Church win by their promoting a trinity doctrine.

know1

Aug 27, 2012
A lot of Christian believers have difficulty when it comes to explaining the Trinity, how we worship a God Who is triune, He is absolutely one in His incorporeal, spiritual essence, but three in personhood. That is why we say that God is Spirit, He is the invisible God, although He has the ability to manifest in physical, human form and take on genuine flesh.

God is the omnipotent, omniscient, all-wise, invisible, Divine essence. Emanating from this essence within are three distinct minds: the minds of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These minds are all distinct from one another, and these minds constitute three Persons. The fullness of Deity is co-equally accessed by each Person, which is why we say they are each individually God, but the Persons are not each other.

The first person of the Trinity, the Father, is the eternal source and generator of the other two persons, of the Spirit and of the Son. When we say that Jesus is the Son of God, as well as God Himself, we say that because He is of the exact, same omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent "God" essence as the Father, and He is the "Son" in the sense of rank, as a procession of generation of Deity from the Father to the Son.

The doctrine of eternal generation of the Son, by the Father, does not mean that the Father created the Son at a point in time, which is what Arians would say. Rather, the eternal generation of the Son is an eternal personal act of the Father, wherein, by necessity of nature, not by choice of will, He generates the person (not the essence) of the Son, by communicating to Him the whole indivisible substance of the Godhead, without division, alienation, or change, so that the Son is the express image of His Father's person, and eternally continues, not from the Father, but in the Father, and the Father in the Son."

In a similar fashion, I am the son of a human being, and I am a human being at the same time. A father passes down genetics and other traits to his son, in the same way that God the Father generates the Son and the Spirit by His procession.

Hope this helped.

You can also check this out: https://www.theopedia.com/eternal-generation-of-the-son
That was such an eloquent explanation of the Trinity of God.
Now would you care to back any of that up with scripture?
I can show you scripturally how God is not three minds in one but three beings in one. Even as you are one being and I am another being.
You also fail to recognize that God now has flesh and Bone, blood and water, even as we have, and how we are made like him.
If God is three minds in one then so are we for we are made in the likeness of God.
This looks more like the analogy of water. Depending on what you do with it, sometimes it's a liquid, sometimes it's a solid, and sometimes it's a gas.
No explanation holds any weight without scripture to back it up.
You need to use what is written to backup your theory, if you have any.

Sep 21, 2018
I doesn’t take 3 beings to have the mind of God. But I do believe in the trinity. We are looking at it with a controlled minds such as ours. God is everything! You cannot think of it in the state as we are because compared to him we are so so limited. I wouldn’t question God who can be and do all things. He can come to us as the son and in the Holy Spirit. Doesn’t require three persons to do it. That is my thought. I could back all this up with scriptures, but I don’t have my bible with me at the moment.

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
I know a lot of people believe in a trinity, and if I am wrong I am certainly not doing it on purpose, and would do nothing to harm the word of God.

But when I read the Bible I do not see a trinity.

But one God who is a Holy Spirit, which is why the Spirit moved in creation, and the man Christ Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit dwells in the saints.

And Father is a title for God, and the Son is the man Christ Jesus.

Not 3 persons in one God, but the 3 relationships that God has with His children designated by titles.

Father- parent of the saints.

Son- God's visible relationship to the saints, and God in visible activity.

Holy Spirit- God's invisible relationship to the saints, and God in invisible activity.

But it is the same God with no distinction of persons.

They say there is 3 persons in one God, so that would mean that it would take all 3 persons to make one God, but then say God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, which then they are saying there is 3 Gods.

In the Old Testament God the Father said, is there a God beside Me, yea, there is no God, I know not any.

And before Me there was no God formed, and neither shall there be after Me, I am the Lord, and there is no Savior beside Me.

In the New Testament it says, but to us there is but one God, the Father, which all things are of Him.

And in another place, one God, and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Let us make man in our image.

In the Old Testament Adam made in the image of God.

In the New Testament Adam made in the image of Christ.

The image of God is the image of Christ.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
All things were created by Him, and without Him was not anything created that was created.

In the beginning was the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and that plan was with God before He laid down the foundation of the world, and that plan was God manifest in the flesh.
All things were created with the plan of God to come in the future in flesh, and without that plan God would of not created anything He created.

God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened, for if it is a plan of God to happen in the future, it is the same as if it happened in the beginning, for it will surely come to pass with no hindrance.

Which the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, and the prophets blood shed from the foundation of the world, and all the works were finished from the foundation of the world, although they were future events.

God created Adam in the image that He would show up in the future, and that is an innocent nature in flesh.

So the man Christ Jesus has to be part of that image, and can be considered in the beginning before He is born, because God calls things that have not happened yet, as though they already happened.

So the let us make man in our image is God the Father, and the man Christ Jesus.

The name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is Jesus.

Which Jesus created all things, came in flesh, and dwells in the flesh.

Luke says that baptism is to be done in the name of Jesus.

All that we do in word and deed we do all in the name Jesus.

There is no other name by which we are saved but by the name of Jesus.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are not names but titles, and it says name singular.

Jews, Gentiles, and Samaritans, were all baptized in the name of Jesus in the book of Acts.

The Son shall be called the everlasting Father.

The Father said in the Old Testament that He would reveal a new name to the Jews, and speak to them.

Jesus told Philip that if He has seen Him, he has seen the Father, and the words that He speaks are not His own, but the Father that dwells in Him, He does the works.

The prophet Agur asked what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell, and Jesus is God manifest in the flesh, so it is both the name of the Father and Son.

The Son inherited the name from the Father.

The Holy Spirit comes in the name of Jesus.

Jesus is the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Jesus at the right hand of God.

Jesus said all power is given to Me in heaven, and earth.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, which only a sinless man can approach a holy God on mankind's behalf, but no man is sinless so God manifest Himself in flesh, which means God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God, for God cannot be separated.

And God reconciled the world unto Himself in the person of Jesus Christ, God and man in harmony, which God gave us His human life, and purchased the Church with His own blood.

The Bible says the Lord is that Spirit.

David said, the LORD said unto My Lord, sit at My right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

Which the Son must reign until all His enemies are conquered, then the Son shall submit to the Father, that God may be all in all.

Since the man Christ Jesus is our Savior God exalted Him to exercise the throne of power, be at His right hand, until His enemies are conquered, then the Son shall stop being at the right hand, that God may be all in all.

God is ruling through the man Christ Jesus for the sake of the saints.

Jesus is not sitting on a throne next to the Father, for there is only one throne in heaven, and one who sits on that throne, which it is the throne of God and the Lamb, God in the glorified body of the man Christ Jesus.

The Bible says that Jesus dwells in the light that no person can approach unto, and no person has seen Jesus, and no person will ever see Jesus, for He is God the invisible Spirit, but He showed us a visible image of Himself, and that way He saved us, and our visible relationship to God.

Jesus is the only person we will see in heaven as an image of God to His saints forever.

There is not a trinity, there is only one God who is a Holy Spirit, and that is why the Spirit moved in creation, and Jesus was conceived by the Spirit, and the Spirit dwells in the saints, and Father is a title for God, and the Son is the man Christ Jesus.

When the Protestants protested against the Roman Catholic Church they did not protest enough, but held unto that trinity doctrine, but the Bible does not teach a trinity, but one God with no distinction of persons, which cannot be denied, neither can anyone prove it with that vast amount of scriptures testifying there is one God.

By believing in a trinity you break the commandment, thou shalt have no other gods before Me, and do not exalt Jesus as the one true God, but put Him second place.

No wonder many miracles do not get done, and people do not have the power to overcome the flesh.

Do not let the Catholic Church win by their promoting a trinity doctrine.
You've made a lot of statements matt which I can address but I want to focus on what you said here: "

In the New Testament it says, but to us there is but one God, the Father, which all things are of Him." Here are some of the OT verses you are quoting. Isaiah 43:11, "I, even I, am the Lord; And there is no savior besides Me." And how about Isaiah 44:24, "Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, I, the Lord, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens BY MYSELF, And spreading out the earth ALL ALONE."

So here is my question? How do you reconcile the two verses I quoted with Luke 2:11 where it sys, "for today in the city of DAvid there has been born for you a SAVIOR, who is Christ the Lord." At Isaiah 43:11 God the Father says He is the Savior. Is there one savior or two saviors matt?

My second question? How do you reconcile God the Father creating the heavens and the earth all by Himself and alone with John 1:3, "All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." Or Colossians 1:16, 17, "For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, wherther thrones or dominions or rulers or authortities--ALL THINGS CAME INTO BEING BY HIM AND FOR HIM."

I could also add Hebrews 1:10 and Revelation 3:14. So matt, how many creators are there since Isaiah 43:11 says that God alone and by Himself created everything? Do you know how to reconcile these alleged contradictions? :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
bluto

Jewel5712

Jun 22, 2018
A lot of Christian believers have difficulty when it comes to explaining the Trinity, how we worship a God Who is triune, He is absolutely one in His incorporeal, spiritual essence, but three in personhood. That is why we say that God is Spirit, He is the invisible God, although He has the ability to manifest in physical, human form and take on genuine flesh.

God is the omnipotent, omniscient, all-wise, invisible, Divine essence. Emanating from this essence within are three distinct minds: the minds of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These minds are all distinct from one another, and these minds constitute three Persons. The fullness of Deity is co-equally accessed by each Person, which is why we say they are each individually God, but the Persons are not each other.

The first person of the Trinity, the Father, is the eternal source and generator of the other two persons, of the Spirit and of the Son. When we say that Jesus is the Son of God, as well as God Himself, we say that because He is of the exact, same omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent "God" essence as the Father, and He is the "Son" in the sense of rank, as a procession of generation of Deity from the Father to the Son.

The doctrine of eternal generation of the Son, by the Father, does not mean that the Father created the Son at a point in time, which is what Arians would say. Rather, the eternal generation of the Son is an eternal personal act of the Father, wherein, by necessity of nature, not by choice of will, He generates the person (not the essence) of the Son, by communicating to Him the whole indivisible substance of the Godhead, without division, alienation, or change, so that the Son is the express image of His Father's person, and eternally continues, not from the Father, but in the Father, and the Father in the Son."

In a similar fashion, I am the son of a human being, and I am a human being at the same time. A father passes down genetics and other traits to his son, in the same way that God the Father generates the Son and the Spirit by His procession.

Hope this helped.

You can also check this out: https://www.theopedia.com/eternal-generation-of-the-son
Yes..God the Father..Jesus His son n the HS..three in the same entity just jave different responsibilities or wear different "hats"..like..im a mother...employee..aunt...3 rrspomsinilities..1 person ;)

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Jesus said that He was sent by the Father, it doesn't mean that a distinct entity sent another entity because the bible has clearly explained how it happened; how the Father sent the son/ how the master sent the servant/ how God sent a messenger- this is what the bible says, the Father became the son/ God became a messenger/ the master became a servant:

Mal 3:1 “Behold, I will send My messenger, who will prepare the way before Me. Then the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to His temple— the Messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight—see, He is coming,” says the LORD of Hosts.

Isa 40:3 A voice of one calling: “Prepare the way for the LORD in the wilderness; make a straight highway for our God in the desert.

Mark has explained brilliantly the two prophesies for our own understanding and not our confusion.

Mark 1:
1The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, a the Son of God, b 2as it is written in Isaiah the prophet:

“I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way” c
3“a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.’ ” d
4And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. 6John wore clothing made of camel’s hair, with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey. 7And this was his message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8I baptize you with e water, but he will baptize you with f the Holy Spirit.”

9At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.

God sends Himself in Malachi but immediately refers to Himself by a new title (the servant) once on earth.

craig1971

Mar 28, 2017
Okay tell me this, if there is not a distinction of persons amongst the Trinity, then how can the Son sit at the right hand of the Father in Heaven? Also, there are passages in the OT that have two Yahwehs. The Second Temple Jews noticed this and Alan Segal wrote a book called "Two Powers in Heaven." The main passage behind the premise Segal's book is Daniel 7:13-14 where you have the Ancient of Days and the Son of Man, both deity figures. Father is Spirit; Jesus is bone and spirit--that is a distinction.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
Okay tell me this, if there is not a distinction of persons amongst the Trinity, then how can the Son sit at the right hand of the Father in Heaven? Also, there are passages in the OT that have two Yahwehs. The Second Temple Jews noticed this and Alan Segal wrote a book called "Two Powers in Heaven." The main passage behind the premise Segal's book is Daniel 7:13-14 where you have the Ancient of Days and the Son of Man, both deity figures. Father is Spirit; Jesus is bone and spirit--that is a distinction.
The right hand of God is not a place, it only means glory/ victory through righteousness- read your bible again, there's numerous references to this, if it was a place then we would also see the left hand of God.
There are no two centers of power in heaven and there are no two Gods.

Vcegers

Aug 26, 2018
Do I have to believe in the doctrine of the trinity or Oneness to go to heaven, if my faith is in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross and the blood he shed for my sins and his resurrection
by believe and obeying the gospel?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Do I have to believe in the doctrine of the trinity or Oneness to go to heaven, if my faith is in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ on the cross and the blood he shed for my sins and his resurrection by believe and obeying the gospel?
(Act 16:30-31) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

(John 10:9) Jesus said, “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and find pasture … I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

(John 11:25) Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life, he who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.”

(John 3:15-16) “… whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

(John 3:36) “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

(John 5:24) “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed from death to life.”

(John 6:35) And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.”

(John 6:51) “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

(John 8:12) Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

(John 8:24) “Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

Vcegers

Aug 26, 2018
I don’t want to assume either way. Are you answering yes or no to my question, with these verses?

PS

Jan 11, 2013
I don’t want to assume either way. Are you answering yes or no to my question, with these verses?
All we need to do, is to believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and to follow Him all the days of our life.

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Php 2:10-11)

Trinitarians believe Jesus is God, so therefore to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour is to surrender our life to God.

Does that answer your question?

Vcegers

Aug 26, 2018
Not trying to be difficult but no. Let me ask it this way, is it “necessary”for me to except either a trinity view point or a oneness view point to be saved, of the “ Godhead.” Do I have to choose one view point or the other for salvation. Yes or no? That’s all I’m asking. Thank you for your time and bearing with me.