My CC Encounters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Just never heard of it before. What does it mean?
It means the accuser was saying OP was acting innocent of the charges being laid at her door by the accuser. Like a, "What, who me?" If you knew the accuser and the outrageous things they say you might know why ANYone would act -or actually BE- innocent of the charges the accuser lays at other people's doorsteps.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
After having spent almost seven years in the CC trenches I have to say that it is interesting to observe how people are treating each other here.

I’m no Saint myself, let that be clear.

However, regardless of everything, in my years here I have more often than in active duty been called ‘evil’, ‘stupid’, ‘ignorant’, ‘wicked’, ‘false teacher’, ‘idiot’, ‘jerk’, ‘intellectually challenged’, ‘not able to be thinking abstract’, ‘eyelash flapping’, ‘not the sharpest knife in the drawer’, ‘delusional’, ‘dishonest’, ‘gullible’, ‘strange’, ‘gaylover’, ‘raving mad’, and etc etc etc.

Many people have been judging me on even more levels.

What does this say about the debates here?
What a blessing. :love: That is one way you might consider looking at those experiences where those pejoratives were cast your way. And let me guess, OK? It was in the BDF?
Consider that for a moment more. I did this. I said those words aloud while focusing my eyes on the header of that board. That put it into perspective. And I was not on the receiving end of the abuse you endured through reading those words directed at you.
This is what I saw when I did that little exercise. Which is why I'll tell you in a moment you might consider that past experience a blessing. ;)
It went like this (staring at BDF header,presuming that was where you suffered these words to be hurled at you because I have read some very rude remarks directed at others there which is why I presume. If I am wrong, please forgive me.) and in the order of those words you posted. Ready?
"evil" Bible Discussion Forum
"stupid" Bible Discussion Forum
"ignorant" Bible Discussion Forum
"wicked" Bible Discussion Forum
"false teacher" Bible Discussion Forum (Actually there are a number of those so it isn't really a pejorative in so much as it is a forewarning. Not saying in the least that you are that, btw.)
"idiot" Bible Discussion Forum
" jerk" Bible Discussion Forum
"intellectually challenged" Bible Discussion Forum
"not able to be thinking abstract" Bible Discussion Forum
"eyelash flapping’" Bible Discussion Forum
"not the sharpest knife in the drawer" Bible Discussion Forum
"delusional" Bible Discussion Forum
"dishonest" Bible Discussion Forum
"gullible" Bible Discussion Forum
"strange" Bible Discussion Forum
"gaylover" Bible Discussion Forum
"‘raving mad" Bible Discussion Forum

There's a rule in actual debate encounters. Attack the argument not the one presenting the argument.
The blessing comes in if we consider the wisdom our All Knowing Father gave us for moments just like those you experienced.
The Book of Proverbs chapter 12 verse 8
There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

Those offering hate filled words intend to hurt you with them.

The Book of Proverbs chapter 15 verse 1
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

They hope you'll respond in kind. It is a tactic meant to remove those in Christ from their peace.

The Book of Colossians chapter 3 verses 1 thru 25
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.

The Book of Proverbs chapter 18 verse 7

A fool’s mouth is his devastation,and his lips are a trap for his life.

Where is the blessing? Well, we hear about sin, we see people in person not on the Net, every day. We don't know the state of their soul, we just see people living their God given life.
However, on the Internet when we arrive at a forum dedicated to the Way of Christ we are afforded the opportunity to see both the sinner and the saved act like it.

Maybe consider that what you encountered hurling those remarks at you was the former rather than the latter.
Because in a forum where Christ's spirit lives, remember, where two or three are gathered in His name there He is also, there should be those who say they are Christ like, Christian, speaking the proofs of that. While those who are not regenerated, are not alive with the Spirit of the Most Holy alive inside them, prove that as well.

The Book of Colossians chapter 3
Therefore, put to death the earthly parts of your nature — sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed (which is a form of idolatry); 6 for it is because of these things that God’s anger is coming on those who disobey him. 7 True enough, you used to practice these things in the life you once lived; 8 but now, put them all away — anger, exasperation, meanness, slander and obscene talk. 9 Never lie to one another; because you have stripped away the old self, with its ways, 10 and have put on the new self, which is continually being renewed in fuller and fuller knowledge, closer and closer to the image of its Creator. 11 The new self allows no room for discriminating between Gentile and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, foreigner, savage, slave, free man; on the contrary, in all, the Messiah is everything.

It is a blessing to read the word. It is a lesson to read those who put the word into context. The Book of Proverbs chapter 24

And chapter 26

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Well one thing's for sure, the BDF isn't a "safe space"!
Isn't that a shame too.
When the Bible should always provide a safe place to be within those words delivered unto unworthy humanity by a gracious eternal Father. Especially as we share together those words and how we read them.
Could we make BDF a safe space if we wished?

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
Well, yeah, it was a woman who said that...I guess she found it appropriate at that moment...lol.
Eyelash flapping?

<Gums flapping. :p
Another way to combat verbally abusive people is to think of what they said by putting a cartoon face to the hateful words.

Eyelash flapping? It makes me laugh. Flap,flap,flap,flap. OHHHHHHHflap, flap,flap, flap

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
It doesn’t matter where you go this is how people act. I don’t mean to sound harsh but welcome to the world. :cautious:
I disagree. I've lurked at Christian forums where that kind of behavior ,much less the words the OP shares as to what were hurled at her, ever transpires.

L

Locoponydirtman

I don't know that I have had any interaction with you, and I can't say that I have read enough of the things you have posted to say one way or the other as the whether these things are true. I do want to make one point and it's not about you, but more of a statement about accusing people of judging some one. To say that a person is doing a thing that they are indeed doing is not judgement. It's pointing the reality which is the correct thing to do especially when a brother or sister is in error. It's kind of our job to be our brothers keeper if you will.
Now I only have my personal experience to go by, but I think that if you engage in controversial subjects you are much more likely to become engaged in heated debate; which is something I do here a lot, mostly even. From my experience I don't get called stupid names or personally attacked.
It could be, and this would require some self examination on your part, that you engage in arguments and by your words illicit these epithets. Now these could be a matter of wording or position I don't know, but it may be worth your time to make sure that you communicate your thoughts clearly, and have facts to support your position. I hope this helps, because that is my true intention.

G

Godsgirl83

I have had some dear friends on CC become banned, and sad to say most is from BDF issues.
One thing that is bothering me about it is:
Users are saying "this person said "xyz to me" or "they said "blah blah blah" but when you go back and look over the conversations over the WHOLE SITE between the 2, NOWHERE can those things be found as being said.
THEN the one complaining will state "well it was in a private message"
Now I don't think the mods can see the private message unless one in the party chooses to share.
HERE'S MY CONCERN:
ANYONE can edit ANY quote to read how they want! SO whose to say that the one complaining didn't take a private message, rewrite it within the quotes and then say "they said this to me" in order to try and get people banned or in trouble here?
Here, check out this example of what I mean: (@tourist I hope you don't mind me using your simple quote as the example)
original quote
Yeah, sort of like the reality TV shows.
edited how I want version: (my edited examples are BOLD )
Yeah, IT'S sort of like the reality TV shows WE CHOOSE TO WATCH
now see what I mean and how easy it would be to twist what others are actually saying?

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now, just been wanting to share this and this seemed like a good place to do so......

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I have had some dear friends on CC become banned, and sad to say most is from BDF issues.
Users are saying "this person said "xyz to me" or "they said "blah blah blah" but when you go back and look over the conversations over the WHOLE SITE between the 2, NOWHERE can those things be found as being said.
Now I don't think the mods can see the private message unless one in the party chooses to share.
HERE'S MY CONCERN:
ANYONE can edit ANY quote to read how they want! SO whose to say that the one complaining didn't take a private message, rewrite it within the quotes and then say "they said this to me" in order to try and get people banned or in trouble here?
Here, check out this example of what I mean: (@tourist I hope you don't mind me using your simple quote as the example)
original quote

now see what I mean and how easy it would be to twist what others are actually saying?

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now, just been wanting to share this and this seemed like a good place to do so......
I didn't read the OP to say all this happened in PM's. Rather, her experience was on the forum board(s).

Most sites I've visited have a rule against sharing what is in a PM. That's why it is Private Messaging.
If someone wanted to make a person say something they did not in that PM by editing as you describe and then claiming that is what was said, what would be the point of that exercise? When, if the rule is the same here, they can't "prove" it by sharing that edited PM.

Also, what a risk if that person , when only paid members can PM here, kept the original copy of their PM to that one who later edited. The edited one could make a point I'd think for being misrepresented through manipulation of their original message to the complaining party.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
HERE'S MY CONCERN:
original quote

Actually, a few years ago someone created a thread where it was encouraged to change a member's quote for purposes of amusement. That was one funny thread to be sure. Usually, someone will slightly change a member's quote but will always state that that they 'fixed it' for them. This seems to be allowed and is considered ethical.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Much reminiscent of children in a schoolyard. Whe logic, wisdom and understanding fail. They throw sand and call names and make passive aggressive remarks like brats. Illegitimi non carbornudum brothers and sisters. It's a sign they're running out of ammo.

G

Godsgirl83

I didn't read the OP to say all this happened in PM's. Rather, her experience was on the forum board(s).
I know, like I said, just seemed like the right place/time to bring this up.... maybe I'm wrong.
I have seen more than once though in public forums people saying "they said xyz to me" and being asked where b/c it wasn't seen among the forums. Only to be told "oh they said this in a pm, I'll send it to you" "quote/edit" & copy/paste as can be done with any typing box. Not saying it's right, just saying I've seen it happen.
But this seems to be derailing from the OP, sorry.......

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com
I know, like I said, just seemed like the right place/time to bring this up.... maybe I'm wrong.
I have seen more than once though in public forums people saying "they said xyz to me" and being asked where b/c it wasn't seen among the forums. Only to be told "oh they said this in a pm, I'll send it to you" "quote/edit" & copy/paste as can be done with any typing box. Not saying it's right, just saying I've seen it happen.
Please, don't apologize. :) I understand. I was just pointing out that the OP didn't say anything about PM's as a point of clarity for the OP content itself.
I do believe you and your experience concerning those edits you referred to that can happen in a PM. That in itself is a good point to make when it comes to making public what one has taken offense to.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
We can neither edit nor delete a PM after 5 min we cay copy/paste/edit post. to a thread. If that happens we can report it to a moderator for bearing false witness. (however there may be an anonymity issue) None the less a mod can quickly get to the bottom of things.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Yikes...Heard just a few of men say it in my time. I would have never guessed a woman would say it...It's pretty offensive to say the least.
Never heard a man say it.. Today is the first time i have ever heard the expression..

Might be an expression only heard in limited places?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Never heard a man say it.. Today is the first time i have ever heard the expression..

Might be an expression only heard in limited places?
Yeah, I've only heard it a few times in my life (southeastern, KY) and it seems to be more prevalent with the older male generation. Although, some younger males still take this view of women. It's not something you hear much anymore.

It is saying women should be seen and not heard, they need to just listen and learn from men. Eyelash flapping means they think women are incapable of having good judgement, and understanding and are just flippant and spouting off nonsense.

I saw where another poster posted that it means when women are trying to play innocent...The term for that is batting your eyelashes not eyelash flapping.

The term batting your eyelashes ( I hear this one all the time, still) is no where offensive as eyelash flapping. Batting your eyelashes just means you are using your looks and the fact that you are a woman to try to get out of trouble or to get someone to agree with you. Which could still be offensive, but eyelash flapping is pretty much telling a woman they are an air head and they need to shut up and let the men deal with it.

Well, that's the meaning from this part of the world anyhow.