My daughter's prayer...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This morning, just before my first awesome client, I went to my daughter who was doing some homework. She is a sophomore in college, working towards becoming a teacher. Anyway, I think she has a gift with prayer, so I asked her to say a prayer before I started my session.

She obliged, taking my hand and immediately went into prayer. Her first words were asking Him to forgive anything that was unpleasing to Him, asking Him to help purify and cleanse us, refine us with fire…

Later, I found out that she had been studying this…

And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”
Zechariah 13:9 NASB

During the prayer, I was thinking about this…

Oh nooooo…:O!!! Now she went and did it. We are fixing to go on a journey, straight into the fiery wilderness. I know, my mindset was in error, a wee warped at first. I thought "Princess Kitten, Mama just wanted a free and easy prayer". She did include very comforting and helpful words but I am just sharing the first part here….

Anyway, I settled into my work, enjoying it very much. However, I kept thinking to myself, "Lord can you refine me in a more gentle way this time, a more comfortable and pleasing way?" Yeah, I know, not a very noble attitude.

I then heard a soft whisper…

Him reminding me not to worry that however, whenever and wherever He chooses to take me, I am not alone, nor are my children. He will be right there with us, equipping us all the way. I smiled inside and even snickered a little at the silliness of my momentary concern. I mean no matter what He has for me and my loved ones, it is always, and will always be, the very best.

I am so thankful for my daughter's helpful prayers.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
This morning, just before my first awesome client, I went to my daughter who was doing some homework. She is a sophomore in college, working towards becoming a teacher. Anyway, I think she has a gift with prayer, so I asked her to say a prayer before I started my session.

She obliged, taking my hand and immediately went into prayer. Her first words were asking Him to forgive anything that was unpleasing to Him, asking Him to help purify and cleanse us, refine us with fire…

And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

Oh nooooo…:O!!! Now she went and did it. We are fixing to go on a journey, straight into the fiery wilderness. I know, my mindset was in error, a wee warped at first. I thought "Princess Kitten, Mama just wanted a free and easy prayer". She did include very comforting and helpful words but I am just sharing the first part here….

Anyway, I settled into my work, enjoying it very much. However, I kept thinking to myself, "Lord can you refine me in a more gentle way this time, a more comfortable and pleasing way?" Yeah, I know, not a very noble attitude.

Him reminding me not to worry that however, whenever and wherever He chooses to take me, I am not alone, nor are my children. He will be right there with us, equipping us all the way. I smiled inside and even snickered a little at the silliness of my momentary concern. I mean no matter what He has for me and my loved ones, it is always, and will always be, the very best.

Thank you, dear family in Jesus, Yeshua, for your wonder in prayer. Yes, Isaiah also teaches us we are refined, but not as gold or silver, in the furnace of affliction He does it, for His own sake, that we be not cut off. Yes we dwell and walk in fire, amen. Praise God for you and your family in Chsrist, always..

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016

Amen, we never have to look around to find God. He is always
with us and in us ready to purify our hearts and our thoughts.
God bless you and God bless your daughter. A wonderful
story for a wonderful Sunday :D

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
God bless you, Renee.
I ask with you too that it is gentle and that God will comfort you. One sister in Jesus, when she had a baptism in the Holy Spirit, recounted it to me like this: "I literally felt my whole body was burning as I received the Holy Spirit" - which made her uneasy and afraid, but God comforted her, and made her understand - "it was the chaff being consumed! Everything that was not of God in me was being burnt up"... So the refinement in fire might also come through your intimate time with God, through your worship and prayers... It does not necessarily have to be a harsh trial... :)