My friend Joe has a brain tumor

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Please pray for my friend Joe who is having surgery (which could be life threatening) on November 1st to remove a brain tumor.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have said a prayer for your friend Joe for God to guide the surgeon's hands and for a safe, effective surgery without complications.

T

tasha66

Brain tumour surgery is not as bad as it used to be. These surgeons are highly skilled. There are also many new and supportive medications pre and post operation too that are fantastic. I am sure your mate will pull through just fine. Just give him lots of support (I assume Joe is a man?), and comfort in his time of need.
My prayer for you:
Our gracious loving Father, please help MMD's friend Joe to have a smooth and uncomplicated surgery. Help him to pull through with no complications, and give his family and friends the strength they need to support him during this frightening and uncertain time. Amen.
Is it benign? I certainly hope so.
Please let us know how he is after surgery, and keep us updated on his progress.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m very sorry to hear about Joe’s health condition. I’m praying that God will touch him with His healing hand and provide restoration in a miraculous way. Grace and peace to you and yours.

Isaiah 53: 5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I add my prayers also for God's blessing & touch upon your friend Joe, in Jesus' Name, Amen.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray for mailmandan's friend, Joe, Lord let he have a successful surgery, yes Lord also heal him from brsin tumor. Lord bless his medical treatmrnt, let your heal peace and strength be upon him. Lord please take care of Joe bless him with a good health, in Jesus precious name, Amen!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Update on Joe. He has been undergoing brain surgery since 7:30 am this morning (central time) and has another 5 hours to go. So far, so good. Please keep praying.

T

tasha66

Oh darn I meant to send a message to you for Joe last night; I still wasn't feeling well so went to bed.
I did say a prayer for him last night that all will be well - I have a feeling in my waters lol, and my water feelings are never wrong!
What date & time is it over there? It's 10.16 am down in the Oz state I'm in.
Not long to go now I hope - he will be just fine, so don't worry too much!
My prayers will continue throughout the day for you and your mate Joe.
Keep us updated on how he is!!

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Joe has made it out of surgery and will be in ICU for the next two days.

T

tasha66

Joe has made it out of surgery and will be in ICU for the next two days.
Fantastic news!! All of our prayers were answered.
I hope his time in the ICU goes smoothly and with no dramas.
I will continue to pray for him tonight for a speedy recovery with no complications.

T

tasha66

How is Joe going in the ICU MMD?
Don't worry too much - there are great advances in brain surgery such as cautery to stop bleeding, and drugs like Dilantin, Adrenaline and Diazepam which control fits & bleeding, & relax the brain and the musculature system for speedy healing.
I am just going to say another prayer for him right now.

PS: Can you ever over pray for someone? Just a random thought that popped into my head.....

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
How is Joe going in the ICU MMD?
Don't worry too much - there are great advances in brain surgery such as cautery to stop bleeding, and drugs like Dilantin, Adrenaline and Diazepam which control fits & bleeding, & relax the brain and the musculature system for speedy healing.
I am just going to say another prayer for him right now.

PS: Can you ever over pray for someone? Just a random thought that popped into my head.....
Joe actually did well in ICU, then spent two more days in the hospital out of ICU and is now at home recovering and is still doing well. Praise the Lord! :) He seems to be doing better every day! He will continue to recover at home and will be off work a total of 6 weeks.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Joe actually did well in ICU, then spent two more days in the hospital out of ICU and is now at home recovering and is still doing well. Praise the Lord! :) He seems to be doing better every day! He will continue to recover at home and will be off work a total of 6 weeks.
"Amen"
'Praise God'
man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

T

tasha66

I forgot to reply to this, so....
YAAAY!! Yeh I'd expect him to recuperate for a wee bit. His poor brain will be very bruised, but the good news is tht the brain has a fantastic blood supply, so it heals quickly!
My prayer for Joe:
Loving Father, thank you for healing Joe. Please help Joe to recover quickly and to gain all of his faculties and strength back. Help him to go back to work when he is well, so that he can continue to provide for himself and his family. Amen.
Great stuff mate!! Tell Joe I'm really happy for him - I bet he's happy too lol! :)

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Further update on Joe: He went to the doctor on Tuesday and received some bad news. Although they managed to remove most of the brain tumor, it turns out they found cancer in the tumor. Joe will need chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Joe did not mention any particular stage the cancer is in but the doctor gave him hope for beating it. Please keep praying.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Lord cancer is nothing to you. When you walked this earth you healed all of every sickness and every disease. Nobody you refused. Since you are the same today as you were back then please heal Joe of cancer in the brain and anywhere else it may have spread throughout his body.Touch his body through your spirit and remove all traces of cancer in the name of Jesus.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Further update on Joe: He went to the doctor on Tuesday and received some bad news. Although they managed to remove most of the brain tumor, it turns out they found cancer in the tumor. Joe will need chemotherapy and radiation treatment. Joe did not mention any particular stage the cancer is in but the doctor gave him hope for beating it. Please keep praying.
"Bless you for your concern of a friend. And, I hope and pray of God's grace to be upon
your friend and all those involved. Lord, touch these lives with Your 'presence' and comfort
them in their concerns."
'Amen'
'Praise God'
man-praying - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg hope-in-focus - Copy - Copy - Copy (2).jpg