My heart is breaking

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I come from a town in the USA that is 40-60 percent latino depending on who you ask and when. I never saw them as invaders, I grew up with them, went to school, church, eate and played ball with them much of my family is married to one. The first time I heard mass in English I was about 9. I'm a grandfather now and 8 of my grandchildren have 1/2 Mexican blood, so to speak. When I saw what was going on at the border I cried, I got angry I shot my mouth off. I apologize. But the sights and sounds affected me so much when I finished crying I just had to lash out. I'm too old crippled to do any thing else.

I fully realize we can't keep our doors open to all commers any more. We should remove the plaque from from Lady Liberty and replace it with one that says, send us your rich, your educated and your entrepreneurs and we'll make room for them. Attn; Poor, wretched, huddled masses, no room at the inn.

U

Ugly

No one says Latinos are invaders. What IS said is Anyone that illegally crosses the border has broken the law.
Due to the land connection between Mexico and the US it makes them the most common border crossers, that's why they tend to get singled out.
The plaque on the Statue of Liberty applies as much now as it did before. But there's a distinction between breaking the law to enter the country vs entering legally.
And currently the US itself is having a crisis of its own, yet we still take in countless Legal immigrants.

What's going on at the border is nothing new, it's simply been pushed as a divisive political agenda. And it seems to be working.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
No one says Latinos are invaders. What IS said is Anyone that illegally crosses the border has broken the law.
Due to the land connection between Mexico and the US it makes them the most common border crossers, that's why they tend to get singled out.
The plaque on the Statue of Liberty applies as much now as it did before. But there's a distinction between breaking the law to enter the country vs entering legally.
And currently the US itself is having a crisis of its own, yet we still take in countless Legal immigrants.

What's going on at the border is nothing new, it's simply been pushed as a divisive political agenda. And it seems to be working.
I didn't say you said anything but others reacted as if they are invaders and I admitted to being upset and broken hearted. When my grandfather came to this country all he had was a tuna boat and a pregnant wife, he was fleeing WW1. Bravely they left Dalmatia by boat traveled through the Gibraltar straights, Across the Atlantic, around to the Pacific and arrived in San Francisco bay in 1919 and weren't turned away. That's the way it used to be, that's the way I was taught is, 50 years ago. Fogive me for longing for something that used to be, good.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I come from a town in the USA that is 40-60 percent latino depending on who you ask and when. I never saw them as invaders, I grew up with them, went to school, church, eate and played ball with them much of my family is married to one. The first time I heard mass in English I was about 9. I'm a grandfather now and 8 of my grandchildren have 1/2 Mexican blood, so to speak. When I saw what was going on at the border I cried, I got angry I shot my mouth off. I apologize. But the sights and sounds affected me so much when I finished crying I just had to lash out. I'm too old crippled to do any thing else.

I fully realize we can't keep our doors open to all commers any more. We should remove the plaque from from Lady Liberty and replace it with one that says, send us your rich, your educated and your entrepreneurs and we'll make room for them. Attn; Poor, wretched, huddled masses, no room at the inn.

Those of us who love our Father and Savior love everyone, even our enemies . I do not see many Bible waving folks doing this today.

It is getting worse and not better. It makes me wonder just how many believe God in the sense that we all are descended from Noah..........I guess being Christian to most is believe only what the majority say and not what the One teaches our hearts.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Those of us who love our Father and Savior love everyone, even our enemies . I do not see many Bible waving folks doing this today.

It is getting worse and not better. It makes me wonder just how many believe God in the sense that we all are descended from Noah..........I guess being Christian to most is believe only what the majority say and not what the One teaches our hearts.
Post script.....As a child in Long Beach, California, my neighbors were Mexican, my second family. In the 1950's there were not so many but plenty of Mexicans in Calif. Yesterday I fixed up some flour tortilla dough and made "refritos" or, refried beans for today..later it is burritos for me.

Gee, I wonder where I learned to love Mexican cuisine probably one ot the three top cuisines in the world?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If our generation would put on the big boys and take care of what we have been blessed with we would have the intact, welcoming country you remember from your youth and be able to hand it to our descendants. It isn't too late but nearly, very nearly too late.
Thank heavens we have a man like the current President who is willing to make hard decisions for the good of all of us and our and his descendants.

W

whatev

How are you with 80% of the people crossing that border being businessmen or product? The products they're selling are the two cheif exports from Central America -- slaves and drugs. The slaves are kidnapped from their families, or, more often than not, handed over from their family, in exchange for the family to keep living. And the ones handed over are their sons and daughters. The sons go directly to the drug cartels as labor force. The daughters are sold as slaves -- either for sexual or domestic purposes. Oh, and most of them haven't reach puberty yet.

Boys come over too, and they sell their product -- drugs. And they do so with franchising marketing methods of a different sort. Gangs. The animals Trump was talking about. They have franchised across the country now.

And they're selling these two export "products" to Americans, because that's where the market is. That's who their customers are.

You weep over what MSM hands you. How about finding out the real story? It's a marketing stunt. A coordinated effort, no less. As coordinated an effort as the Palestinians bringing their toddlers to a riot knowing their babies might get killed. And the sad part is the man who started telling Central America that we will take in their children is no longer President.

It is a horrifying story. Sadly, most people rather not know the true story.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When some of a people are guilty of heinous crimes the philosophy of men s to kill all of the people, right?

It seems of late this approach to problems is global. By the reasoning above where ever there are wrong-doers, all the people should be annihilated, right?

This does not even approach the teaching of Jesus Christ, it is rampant evil fighting evil....

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I know alot of what you say is true and to me the fault is not so much with the U.S. Government which is responding the only way it knows how. Myopticly. The pain and bloodshed that is inflicted up on those who just want to escape surely is upon the hands and heads of american drug addicts and the narco terrorists who supply their desires.

We fight for peace and freedom all over the world and according to the Monroe Doctrine any attack on north america is to be considered an attack on the U.S.A. Why do we ignore this? If the military industrial complex is so addicted to war lets go kick some butts that are a real threat to north american society. Blaming I.C.E. Was not the point any more than blaming Roman Soldiers for the execution of the Lord. The Pharisees were mostly to blame and the foolish people who shouted; crusify him, crusify him fell under the charismatic [the secular meaning, which would include Hitler], spell of the Pharisees.

$170,000,000 in military spending over the next 2 year in addition to what we were already scheduled to spend. We are already $20trillion in debt? It wasn't CNN OR MSNBC that sounded the alarm, it was IKE nearly 60 years ago when I was in elementary school. I don't give 2 hoots about Palestine, Somalia, Afganistan or Mars for that matter. I care about our neighbors.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If we care about our fellow citizens, it seems only proper to make any gang associated with drug running illegal and go after the members for consorting with thwe cartels and murderers.

If the Government wants to keep anyone ut, start with those who are dealing and killing, and if they are from other countries, send them back.

As for the Monroe Doctrine it makes reference to chronic wrong-doiers in the Americas and having the right to intervene in any incursion or wrong-doing. The Docrine was extended to eht Philippines with the Roosevelt (Teddy) Corollary. It was never truly applied to all countries as we experienced with Cuba, but that is now history.

We should care about all peple beginning with our neighbors......

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Buenas Noches desde España............j Good night from Spain........j