My husband passed away on Christmas eve

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi and I'm so touched by so many messages. It's true that We find a strength when needed throughout life's trials. I'm glad Rod is in peace now. Amen.

S

Sherril

May Abba hold you in His loving arms, as you are lifted up and kept as He shows you His sweet peace, for He is your comfort..........{Ecclesiastes 3} To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:[SUP]2 [/SUP]A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
[SUP]3 [/SUP]A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
[SUP]4 [/SUP]A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
[SUP]5 [/SUP]A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
[SUP]7 [/SUP]A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
[SUP]8 [/SUP]A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
[SUP]10 [/SUP]I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: ........love in Christ Sherril...

D

Depleted

The wrestling is over for Rod. I still worry about you. Saw this today in Spurgeon's devotional, and thought of you.

“And the LORD shall guide thee continually.”
Isa. 58:11

“The Lord shall guide thee.” Not an angel, but JEHOVAH shall guide thee. He said he would not go through the wilderness before his people, an angel should go before them to lead them in the way; but Moses said, “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” Christian, God has not left you in your earthly pilgrimage to an angel’s guidance: he himself leads the van. You may not see the cloudy, fiery pillar, but Jehovah will never forsake you. Notice the word shall-”The Lord shall guide thee.” How certain this makes it! How sure it is that God will not forsake us! His precious “shalls” and “wills” are better than men’s oaths. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Then observe the adverb continually. We are not merely to be guided sometimes, but we are to have a perpetual monitor; not occasionally to be left to our own understanding, and so to wander, but we are continually to hear the guiding voice of the Great Shepherd; and if we follow close at his heels, we shall not err, but be led by a right way to a city to dwell in. If you have to change your position in life; if you have to emigrate to distant shores; if it should happen that you are cast into poverty, or uplifted suddenly into a more responsible position than the one you now occupy; if you are thrown among strangers, or cast among foes, yet tremble not, for “the Lord shall guide thee continually.” There are no dilemmas out of which you shall not be delivered if you live near to God, and your heart be kept warm with holy love. He goes not amiss who goes in the company of God. Like Enoch, walk with God, and you cannot mistake your road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, immutable love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you. “Jehovah”-mark the word-”Jehovah shall guide thee continually.”

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hi and I'm so touched by so many messages. It's true that We find a strength when needed throughout life's trials. I'm glad Rod is in peace now. Amen.
And know I pray for God's peace and comfort for you as well as you begin a new chapter your life's story. It may prove to be quite an adventure.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
The wrestling is over for Rod. I still worry about you. Saw this today in Spurgeon's devotional, and thought of you.

“And the LORD shall guide thee continually.”
Isa. 58:11

“The Lord shall guide thee.” Not an angel, but JEHOVAH shall guide thee. He said he would not go through the wilderness before his people, an angel should go before them to lead them in the way; but Moses said, “If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.” Christian, God has not left you in your earthly pilgrimage to an angel’s guidance: he himself leads the van. You may not see the cloudy, fiery pillar, but Jehovah will never forsake you. Notice the word shall-”The Lord shall guide thee.” How certain this makes it! How sure it is that God will not forsake us! His precious “shalls” and “wills” are better than men’s oaths. “I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.” Then observe the adverb continually. We are not merely to be guided sometimes, but we are to have a perpetual monitor; not occasionally to be left to our own understanding, and so to wander, but we are continually to hear the guiding voice of the Great Shepherd; and if we follow close at his heels, we shall not err, but be led by a right way to a city to dwell in. If you have to change your position in life; if you have to emigrate to distant shores; if it should happen that you are cast into poverty, or uplifted suddenly into a more responsible position than the one you now occupy; if you are thrown among strangers, or cast among foes, yet tremble not, for “the Lord shall guide thee continually.” There are no dilemmas out of which you shall not be delivered if you live near to God, and your heart be kept warm with holy love. He goes not amiss who goes in the company of God. Like Enoch, walk with God, and you cannot mistake your road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, immutable love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you. “Jehovah”-mark the word-”Jehovah shall guide thee continually.”
Hi Lynn, I'm so touched by the power of your message to me. I continue to find ways of keeping my faith in God. Yes I have moments of crying and reaching out. But I know it's all part of grieving. Thanks Lynn fir your wonderful character I do notice the kind people on here. God bless you x

D

Depleted

Hi Lynn, I'm so touched by the power of your message to me. I continue to find ways of keeping my faith in God. Yes I have moments of crying and reaching out. But I know it's all part of grieving. Thanks Lynn fir your wonderful character I do notice the kind people on here. God bless you x
Moments of crying? I'd be bawling my eyes out!

I had a moment of crying when I read the news. Feel free to bawl eyes out as much as you need to. Just make sure there's lots of tissues and a big bin to throw them in while doing it. (And then come up for air occasionally, because you still need to eat and sleep.)

I'd be a big help, if I could be there with you. We'd be passing the tissues back and forth. (Not that I cry or anything. :rolleyes:) I really do hurt for you. Yes, Rod's finally okay, but you must keep going. And that hurts in a whole different way.

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Moments of crying? I'd be bawling my eyes out!

I had a moment of crying when I read the news. Feel free to bawl eyes out as much as you need to. Just make sure there's lots of tissues and a big bin to throw them in while doing it. (And then come up for air occasionally, because you still need to eat and sleep.)

I'd be a big help, if I could be there with you. We'd be passing the tissues back and forth. (Not that I cry or anything. :rolleyes:) I really do hurt for you. Yes, Rod's finally okay, but you must keep going. And that hurts in a whole different way.
Hi Lynn, your wit has always amused me alot. You really do make me smile even if you can't see it. It's a dry wit you have. Thanks Lynn for just be nice to me. X

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
Hi just to let Lynn and blue_ladybug know. My husband Rod passed away on 24th December. He's now in peace. Away from fear and pain. Amen
I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is not easy hearing from people that he is in peace now etc. it is nice to hear that but it does not give you much comfort. You have lost a very important person in your life. I pray for you to heal from his death. I pray that you can now be at peace knowing he is not suffering anymore. I pray that you find the strength to know that you did what you could do for him and to slowly get through this and start to slowly enjoy life again as much as you can. God bless you I will pray for peace in your heart during this time of sadness

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
So sorry to hear of your loss, happyface.

My condolences to you and all who loved Rod.

The gift of love is the greatest blessing of all.

Prayers for your healing, and for strength to face the days ahead.

Jan 25, 2017
Hi just to let Lynn and blue_ladybug know. My husband Rod passed away on 24th December. He's now in peace. Away from fear and pain. Amen
I’m so sorry.

God knows you are hurting and He will never leave you nor forsake you. I pray that His peace and comfort will be upon you as you go through this season.

Thank you for sharing. God bless.

CMarie

Jul 17, 2017
i'm so sorry for your loss - my LH passed over 2 years ago...it still hurts at times and i miss him...what helped me, when you're ready, is griefshare.com...please check them out.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
LH? :confused:

i'm so sorry for your loss - my LH passed over 2 years ago...it still hurts at times and i miss him...what helped me, when you're ready, is griefshare.com...please check them out.

D

Depleted

Happy? I'm not sure if I should ask this or state it emphatically, because I want it to be so, so very much, but please tell me you can continue to live in your new home... right? (I don't know if the council let you have it for Rod's sake, your sake, or both.)

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Lynn, yes it's my own bungalow in my name because it's a disabled bungalow. It was for me and my disability. So thank the lord for looking out or me. Thanks for adding Lynn. X

D

Depleted

How are you doing today, Happy?

happyface

Jan 19, 2009
Hi Lynn, I won't write on this anymore because it's unfair on people scrolling through it gets to long. But I'm OK Lynn. It's getting through things slowly and with God's help. You know the lady who gave me Rods death certificate today at the hospital, she knew me as soon as I walked through the door. She was a nurse and remembered me all those years ago when I worked at the hospital. I was really mixed up back then in the 80s and 90s I was drinking heavily and very neive, people used me. But Jeanette knew me for my caring ways. I felt so happy someone like that remembered me. Rod learnt me so much in life about myself, we was meant to meet really I know it. I hope I've explained to you a little of my life. I've always liked you Lynn and can sense you have been through alot yourself. I'm getting stronger and I know my strength is Jesus. X

Soc1

Oct 10, 2017
My condolences,

May God Bless you in your time of Great need.

Amen.