my last argument for obedience

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jasonj

Jesus also said this, that if He doesn't go... The Helper (Holy Spirit) can't come, so it's not until the resurrection things are complete, and sent on the day of Pentecost ... This is vital to understand.

I'm not comprehending would you mind elaborating?

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
Ben, if I didn't care for you guys I wopuldnt have argued :) God Loves you and I also Love you in Jesus Christ., and He is a witness to that. I will keep you in prayer. and if I offended or insulted you, I was wrong, and I do apologize. I have always maintained that I see good word in you, and I do still maintain that. sorry if this got out of hand or hurt anyones feelings. God Loves you, sorry fopr any careless or emotional responses, I do indeed repent........though I cant promise ill never offend again BUT hahahaha your bound to forgive ;))
Sorry as well. :) I didn't like that I tried casting a label on you to dismiss what you had to say, so I apologize for that. I've got the word of God, who needs labels? :D haha

PS: Thank you HRFTD for pointing that out.

J

JustWhoIAm

"Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life. And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past."

Guys! I scored dippin' corn chips and salsa! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

Delicious AND Nutritious!

R

RobbyEarl

It goes back to the cross, the only way we can over come these things is by having our faith exclusivily in the work of the cross. This allows and gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work in us to produce good fruit. If our faith is turned by some fad in the church to something we do, then the sin nature is revived in us and no matter how hard we try and fast and read and pray we will not overcome it, until our faith is placed in the work of the cross.

J

jasonj

I don't totally agree with the dying of self, We are not cookie cutter Christians and we have our feelings and likes and dislikes. Some dress funny and others have style, we have are humanity and the attributes of it, but to look to our self as the means for salvation or deliverance okay we must die to that.

What Jesus teaches though, is to lay down our selfishness. our greed, price, anger, lust, lies ect.....not trying to argue u or upset you or anything. just that is what the Lord teaches us to do. not that we just all the sudden are Jesus. but were supposed to learn and follow as we learn. and His teachings are all about laying our lives down meaning our inner things opposed to His nature.....it seems nasty and will hurt , but when we begin the walk, it actually fills voids that we never understood we had. when we do it a bit, it gets easier and just feel so renewed and actually see a huge change in us. the things we hold to now, are comforting, but nothing compares to Jesus

J

jasonj

It goes back to the cross, the only way we can over come these things is by having our faith exclusivily in the work of the cross. This allows and gives the Holy Spirit the legal right to work in us to produce good fruit. If our faith is turned by some fad in the church to something we do, then the sin nature is revived in us and no matter how hard we try and fast and read and pray we will not overcome it, until our faith is placed in the work of the cross.

ok well I'm not gonna try to argue my point anymore, you definitely have the free will and right to your beliefs. and the man on the cross is everything....

Sep 30, 2014
I'm not comprehending would you mind elaborating?
Sure ..

John 16
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

You see it's not until Jesus goes, that the Holy Spirit come. When this Holy Spirit comes, He guides and convicts, He is reprove of righteousness and of judgement. It is " He who lives in us "

not not that of our own.. Read Romans 6, 7, & 8 ... Paul explains the dying old flesh man, to the new Spiritual one..

Last edited:
J

jasonj

"Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life. And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life—this is indeed a gift from God. God keeps such people so busy enjoying life that they take no time to brood over the past."

Guys! I scored dippin' corn chips and salsa! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

Delicious AND Nutritious!

lol that is really funny, thanx for the giggle friend

Apr 30, 2016
I have over the past few days or so given a lot of scripture, that continues to be "refuted" by the ever popular "gospel of Grace" before you begin scoffing or setting up your rebuttal. Please do consider these scriptures that do in fact support the many others ive annoyed the grace alone crowd with, I say in the sight of Christ, my intention is good. since many peeps wont accept anything before the resurrection as applying to Christians ( wich I find ridiculous) I for 27 minutes focused on the latter parts of the n.t. scriptures, here are some pretty clear ones I hope you will at least consider, not for myself, but simply because they are Gods word.

3 john 1:11 " dear friends, do not imitate what is evil but what is good, anyone who DOES what is good is from God, anyone who does what is evil has not seen God."

2 john 1:6-9 " and this is Love THAT WE WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDS. as you have heard from the beginning His command is that you WALK in Love. ( what is Love? pretty clear,)....v8 watch out that you don't LOSE what you have WORKED for, but that you may be rewarded fully. ANYONE WHO RUNS AHEAD AND DOES NOT CONTINUE IN THE TEACHINGS OF CHRIST DOES NOT HAVE GOD...whoever DOES continue in the teaching has both the father and the son."

1john 5:3 " this is LOVE FOR GOD : TO OBEY HIS COMMANDS, and His commands aren't burdensome."

ude 1:4 " for certain men whos condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in amoung you, They are godless men who change the Grace of Our God into a liscence for immorality and deny Jesus Christ Our only soverien Lord"
(see 2nd peter 3:15-16)

2nd peter 3:14 " so then dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, MAKE EVERY EFFORT to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him..see through v15, and think why would he connect a statement about making effort in Christ, and then state that pauls letters are hard to understand and are easily distorted, and it leads to destruction.

see also 2 peter 2:3-10 v 5 effort. verse 10 DO these things....

James chapter 2. 1st peter 2:15-16, chapter 1:14-16.....james chapter 1. same stuff....

Hebrews chapter 10 :26-29. trampling underfoot the blood by continuing on in sin do these people deserve punishment it is asked? if they were punished for disobeying the mosaic law, how much more for disobeying the Law bought with the Blood of Christ? actually think apart from the popular grace stuff, just go to Gods word for you, looking for the truth. the truth is what sets us free. more scripture? yeah...its everywhere in the word. colossians 3:5-9...lol I have a lot more but imna let it Go. Ifeel I have made a solid argument that obeying the word of Jesus Christ, is the most important part of Our Life, and also that there is work in Christ. I also Know the scriptures about faith and Grace, but this is the purpose of all of that, to obey the word of Jesus...that is to walk in the truth. God bless you, righteous is who we are in Jesus, that's why repentance and action are essential. Grace is what made us able, all by Grace that made us new.......but were new for a purpose is the thing. I wont argue this any further, I think if someone seriously is opposed, Ive left a good measure of evidence you need to explain away. all wisdom and truth Belong to God, wisdom is His. it is Jesus Christ.
Hi JasonJ

I won't be around here for long, but I'd like to encourage you in your endeavor to teach that Jesus did indeed want us to follow what He taught. If some people want to call this "works", then works it is.

Jesus meant everything He said. BEFORE the resurrections and after the resurrection. Do some believe He was just kidding around before the resurrection? I haven't followed this thread well, but you're 100% right.
Jesus meant EVERYTHING He said. He didn't go up on those hill tops in Galilee and in boats off the shore of the sea just to make sure people could hear Him so they WOULDN'T have to follow what He said.

What could be more clear than Mathew 7:17-23
Mathew 7:19
"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire." NASB

Many will say to Him on the last day: "Did we not prophecy in Your name, cast out demons and perform miracles?"
verse 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, depart from Me, you who practice Lawlessness'.
NASB

Jump down to Mathew 7:24 The TWo Foundations.
Jesus says that anyone who hears His words AND ACTS ON THEM , is compared to a wise man who built his house upon the rock.

Are we building OUR house upon the rock? Do we pick and choose which part of scripture we care to believe and adhere to, or do we follow ALL of what Jesus taught?

Works do not save. But works are certainly a part of REMAINING saved.
If anyone disagrees with this, they've read a bible different from the one the Apostles and other writers meant to write.

Fran

R

RobbyEarl

What Jesus teaches though, is to lay down our selfishness. our greed, price, anger, lust, lies ect.....not trying to argue u or upset you or anything. just that is what the Lord teaches us to do. not that we just all the sudden are Jesus. but were supposed to learn and follow as we learn. and His teachings are all about laying our lives down meaning our inner things opposed to His nature.....it seems nasty and will hurt , but when we begin the walk, it actually fills voids that we never understood we had. when we do it a bit, it gets easier and just feel so renewed and actually see a huge change in us. the things we hold to now, are comforting, but nothing compares to Jesus
I totally understand and if the object of our faith is right then we will be helped by the Holy Spirit to live according to His morals. But I don't like spinach and I love chicken livers(fried) I don't like roller coasters (I used to when I was young) Heights bother me. But do like beets and collards and mustard greens. Isn't that myself?

Apr 8, 2016
You're a powerful man of God, jason. Such a heart for truth and instruction! Thank you, i'm enriched by your willingness to serve.
My hero. (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little)

Your going to need to dodge some stones for talking like this... God bless you Jason, just keep on your Armor of God.
Not long ago you were posting some good stuff, Brainfreeze. When did your brain go from freezing to falling out?

read the gospels daily for a bit, just a few chapters a day and your faith will grow, give it a month but take it as the truth as you read it, there is no faith more than what the accounts of the gospel offer. God bless you and may you receive all you ask of the Lord
Is Jesus God?
Most ppl here can give a yes or no answer to this question.
You've been asked this 3 times.
Can you give a yes or no answer to this question, jj?
Is Jesus God?

J

jasonj

Sorry as well. :) I didn't like that I tried casting a label on you to dismiss what you had to say, so I apologize for that. I've got the word of God, who needs labels? :D haha

PS: Thank you HRFTD for pointing that out.

we both were wrong in how we reacted a times ben. all is well and forgiven....and remember sometimes, often actually, things can start out as a clash, But wherethe Lord resides, He is able to make sense even in chaos and all things work together for the good of those who love God" God bless bro, there are no worries left press on in faith and in your Love for the only one who is worthy

J

jasonj

Not long ago you were posting some good stuff, Brainfreeze. When did your brain go from freezing to falling out?

Is Jesus God?
Is Jesus God?

3 times lol I only read 1. is Jesus God? Jesus is the son of God, He is the a=exact representation of God. scripture identifies Him as many things, He refered to Him self as I AM. oit also names Him : the word of God, the Holy one, the alpha and omega, the king of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lord of hosts, it calls Him " the image of the invisible God in bodily form" it calls Him the first born over all creation, and about 50 other names. I see Him as the Son of God. But your not really hearing me. If God says "This is my son with whom I am well pleased listen to Him" and that's what God says of Him, then I take Gods word as Jesus is Gods son. so Jesus is Gods son, with all authority Given to Him by His father God. so yeah the son of God, but His words are Gods words. He gods son said " my words are not my own they are the fathers words who sent me"

so if your point is that hes not God so were not supposed to follow, your waaaaay off. that's all God does say. and if God says it, I believe is. simple answer He is Gods son.

J

JustWhoIAm

Is Jesus God?
Is Jesus God?

CZtmcO7WcAA7Q2v.jpg

(slashten)

J

jasonj

I totally understand and if the object of our faith is right then we will be helped by the Holy Spirit to live according to His morals. But I don't like spinach and I love chicken livers(fried) I don't like roller coasters (I used to when I was young) Heights bother me. But do like beets and collards and mustard greens. Isn't that myself?

lol you got me. were individuals God likes variety indeed. its the nature of sin in us we lay down, anything opposed to His word. but yes I understand your point for sure. spiache??eeks that's not right were in agreement there

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
3 times lol I only read 1. is Jesus God? Jesus is the son of God, He is the a=exact representation of God. scripture identifies Him as many things, He refered to Him self as I AM. oit also names Him : the word of God, the Holy one, the alpha and omega, the king of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Lord of hosts, it calls Him " the image of the invisible God in bodily form" it calls Him the first born over all creation, and about 50 other names. I see Him as the Son of God. But your not really hearing me. If God says "This is my son with whom I am well pleased listen to Him" and that's what God says of Him, then I take Gods word as Jesus is Gods son. so Jesus is Gods son, with all authority Given to Him by His father God. so yeah the son of God, but His words are Gods words. He gods son said " my words are not my own they are the fathers words who sent me"

so if your point is that hes not God so were not supposed to follow, your waaaaay off. that's all God does say. and if God says it, I believe is. simple answer He is Gods son.
VVhat they are, basically, getting at is a question. "Do you believe in the Trinity?" Is Jesus Christ divine, is He your God? They aren't asking if He is the Son of God, they are asking you if He, Jesus, is YOUR GOD [capitalization added for emphasis]?

Basically, is Jesus just as equally God as God, the Father or the Holy Spirit? They are one, so the question they are asking you is inquiring about your belief in Jesus as God, Himself.

J

jasonj

VVhat they are, basically, getting at is a question. "Do you believe in the Trinity?" Is Jesus Christ divine, is He your God? They aren't asking if He is the Son of God, they are asking you if He, Jesus, is YOUR GOD [capitalization added for emphasis]?

Basically, is Jesus just as equally God as God, the Father or the Holy Spirit? They are one, so the question they are asking you is inquiring about your belief in Jesus as God, Himself.

Again I believe what Jesus said, Gods son. but scripture says many more things about him. He is Gods son. its a pretty clear response. He called God His father, its Gods son. whay the question? honestly whats that got to do with anything? the trinity father son holy spirit yeah I believe in them lol. Jesus is Gods only begotten son. But, He was with God before all creation and He was the word that created all things. cant really just label Him as God though. He is Gods son.

Sep 30, 2014
Sure ..

John 16
7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

You see it's not until Jesus goes, that the Holy Spirit come. When this Holy Spirit comes, He guides and convicts, He is reprove of righteousness and of judgement. It is " He who lives in us "

not not that of our own.. Read Romans 6, 7, & 8 ... Paul explains the dying old flesh man, to the new Spiritual one..
Does this make any sense?

J

jasonj

Sure ..

John 16

yes I'm not denying the holy spirit john 14-16 is a very rich scriptural polace to gain understanding on the spirit. that spirit is our new Life, comes through the word. " you are born again through the ever living incorrubtable seed of the word of God"

all things come by Gods word for the believer, not only hearing it but applying it to life as we learn it. its not like a spirit on tv like a transparent form of Jesus. its the spirit of Jesus, the spirit of His nature we receive through the gospel. his words remember what the sopirit does? He will remind you of everything I have said to you....that's one of the spirits roles in our life. and Jesus said " my word is spirit and it is Life" and the word of God is living and active"....

remember God spoke and light came forth? Gods word is living, and active. His word is Life