My life would be so much easier if ___________ (fill in the blank)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Fill in the blank... (don't worry, it won't bite! ;))

My life would be so much easier if ___________ (fill in the blank)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I had endless donuts.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Story time!

One day a teacher was expounding to the class about curiosity: All the places that have been discovered, all the inventions that have been made, all the things we enjoy and all that we are because of what some curious person has found. Finally he wrapped up with, "Where would we be without curiosity?"

A little girl raised her hand and said, "In the garden of Eden."

My life would be much easier if Adam and Eve had never believed the lie that God was holding out on them by telling them not to eat that fruit.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Story time!

One day a teacher was expounding to the class about curiosity: All the places that have been discovered, all the inventions that have been made, all the things we enjoy and all that we are because of what some curious person has found. Finally he wrapped up with, "Where would we be without curiosity?"

A little girl raised her hand and said, "In the garden of Eden."

My life would be much easier if Adam and Eve had never believed the lie that God was holding out on them by telling them not to eat that fruit.

You forgot to drop the mic and walk off stage. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You forgot to drop the mic and walk off stage. ;)
I am the sound man at my church. Dropping the mic is anathema to me. In addition to impact damage to the mic, it also makes a big pop in the speakers which is bad for the speaker cones.

I mean... really! What kind of sound man do you think I am? :p

T

toinena

If I could go back 26 years in time and married the other guy.

T

toinena

What if...
The major thing that is a big issue in my life is my disability. What if God removed that from me? If he did that when I was a child, I would have been less bullied. Would I then turned to God and become saved? If he had removed it in my 20s, I would still be playing and pursuing a career as a bassoonist. Would I then learn to be humble? If I would have been healed in my 30s, would I then have moved back to Norway? If I get healed in my 40s? I would still teach, still play, I would ski and run and dance. I would still live in and love my house. I would still have dogs. I pray that He heals me in my 40s.

L

LaVieEnRose

I’m a white woman who lives in the United States. My life is pretty easy.

M

MissCris

My life would be so much easier if I had any organizational skills.

Or could teleport.

Or if I were a white woman who lives in the U.S.

Wait...:unsure::eek:;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nobody said she has to EAT endless donuts. It would be great to have an endless supply though. Especially bavarian creme filled long johns... mmmmm!

L

LaVieEnRose

My life would be so much easier if I had any organizational skills.

Or could teleport.

Or if I were a white woman who lives in the U.S.

Wait...:unsure::eek:;)
I was thinking about this, the other day. I have never gotten a ticket, never. I’ve been pulled over and given warnings about five or six times. Why is this? I’m not hot, so it’s not that. I think because I look sad and pitiful and given a “pass” because I’m a white woman. I even had a wreck one time that was MY fault and the cop insisted it was the black guy’s fault! I had to tell the cop what had happened a couple if times before he agreed it was my fault. I think white privilege is real, even more if you are a white woman.

L

LaVieEnRose

Nobody said she has to EAT endless donuts. It would be great to have an endless supply though. Especially bavarian creme filled long johns... mmmmm!
There is such a thing as “too much of a good thing”. If you were not going to eat them, why have them? That smacks of miserliness like Silas Marner.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sometimes you don't have to use something. Sometimes just knowing it is there to use is enough.

M

MissCris

Sometimes you don't have to use something. Sometimes just knowing it is there to use is enough.
That's what I keep saying about all my off-shore bank accounts :rolleyes:

A

AuntieAnt

My first thought was, "If my loving father had not died..." but then I would not have eventually run away from an abusive home life, married a guy from my hometown, and had the three greatest kids a mother could be blessed with. So I'm gonna pass. :giggle:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My life would be so much easier if I had unlimited money... wait, I know of a lot of rich people who have more trouble than I would ever want.

My life would be so much easier if I had a wife... scratch that. From what I can tell, there are a lot more of the wrong kind of woman to marry than there are of the right kind.

My life would be so much easier if I had a better job... no, I know some people who have a "better job" and they have a lot of stress to go with it. I often feel sorry for them.

My life would be so much easier if... hmm... if I were in Heaven. Then I would no longer be living here on this earth and I wouldn't have to put up with any of the junk associated with life on earth. Of course then I would be dead, but life sure would be easier.