D
Dinny
Guest
Hi all,
I'm going to get really personal here. I need to share this. I need prayers as always. Let me know if I can pray for you.
Anyway, have been a Christian for 30 years. You would think that Ihave it all under control, but not true. I do not. I met my husband five years after I was divorced. I hadn't dated anyone. I didn't want to bring people into my children's life unless it was an important relationship. I need to get with God, take care of my children, attend college, and just get myself together with God's help.
When my boyfriend, now husband of 25 years, and I were dating, he went to church with me, every Sunday. I already had someone who didn't know the Lord, and I was not going to do that again. He loved God, loved me, and loved my children. One issue he had is that his first wife chose the gay lifestyle instead of her marriage to him. He was sure that he had "made" her gay. We went to Christian marriage counseling prior to our getting married. The pastor explained that it is not possible to turn someone gay. I thought he got it. Now, I'm not so sure.
He still loves the Lord, he has his own business and knows who is guiding that providing work for him. But, he has stopped going to church, a long time ago. He promised when we got married that when we moved to our new place, that he would continue to go to church once I found one I like. Well, I have found several that I love, and I can't force him to go. So, there is problem one.
I recently had a horrible fall and have been off of work for 2 months. To put it delicately, our marital bed has not been happening because of pain. Fortunately, it is getting better, but still have issues with pain. He is very upset with this I can understand, but he is not paying attention to my needs. I can't tell you what he has or doesn't done as this is a public forum with children reading it.
Today, he just decided it was time. I asked him if he wanted love because he was playing footsy. He didn't respond. He just pretended or whatever to be sleeping. I got up to take some aspirin. He got up and told me he thinks he has turned me into a Lesbian. Are you kidding me? We have been married for 25 years, and dating for 27. I was so angry with him. I don't know what to do, or how to get through to him.
He asked me why I was yelling at him. I told him why. What kind of power does he think he has? He told me he said it because he was mad.
When I got married, it was a covenant marriage. Meaning that I had no intention of getting divorced ever again, or I wasn't getting married. He agreed. Please don't get me wrong. There are so many good things about my husband, but being called a lesbian to make me feel guilty is not acceptable. I don't know what to do. His affection is lacking.
Sorry for being so blunt, but I need prayers and advice. Please pray for my marriage because I do love him, and I know that he loves me. Manipulating by saying things to get his way will only push us further apart.
I'm going to get really personal here. I need to share this. I need prayers as always. Let me know if I can pray for you.
Anyway, have been a Christian for 30 years. You would think that Ihave it all under control, but not true. I do not. I met my husband five years after I was divorced. I hadn't dated anyone. I didn't want to bring people into my children's life unless it was an important relationship. I need to get with God, take care of my children, attend college, and just get myself together with God's help.
When my boyfriend, now husband of 25 years, and I were dating, he went to church with me, every Sunday. I already had someone who didn't know the Lord, and I was not going to do that again. He loved God, loved me, and loved my children. One issue he had is that his first wife chose the gay lifestyle instead of her marriage to him. He was sure that he had "made" her gay. We went to Christian marriage counseling prior to our getting married. The pastor explained that it is not possible to turn someone gay. I thought he got it. Now, I'm not so sure.
He still loves the Lord, he has his own business and knows who is guiding that providing work for him. But, he has stopped going to church, a long time ago. He promised when we got married that when we moved to our new place, that he would continue to go to church once I found one I like. Well, I have found several that I love, and I can't force him to go. So, there is problem one.
I recently had a horrible fall and have been off of work for 2 months. To put it delicately, our marital bed has not been happening because of pain. Fortunately, it is getting better, but still have issues with pain. He is very upset with this I can understand, but he is not paying attention to my needs. I can't tell you what he has or doesn't done as this is a public forum with children reading it.
Today, he just decided it was time. I asked him if he wanted love because he was playing footsy. He didn't respond. He just pretended or whatever to be sleeping. I got up to take some aspirin. He got up and told me he thinks he has turned me into a Lesbian. Are you kidding me? We have been married for 25 years, and dating for 27. I was so angry with him. I don't know what to do, or how to get through to him.
He asked me why I was yelling at him. I told him why. What kind of power does he think he has? He told me he said it because he was mad.
When I got married, it was a covenant marriage. Meaning that I had no intention of getting divorced ever again, or I wasn't getting married. He agreed. Please don't get me wrong. There are so many good things about my husband, but being called a lesbian to make me feel guilty is not acceptable. I don't know what to do. His affection is lacking.
Sorry for being so blunt, but I need prayers and advice. Please pray for my marriage because I do love him, and I know that he loves me. Manipulating by saying things to get his way will only push us further apart.