My mind is feeding on FEAR

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 6, 2018
I am scarred because of everything i hear about like people getting killed, getting raped, getting sick or even living with a disease and so many more. Because of all this, i can't seem to live peacefully without fear crossing my mind. I am afraid that the bad things that i see will happen to me and i do not want any bad thing to happen to me so i am afraid knowing that people get car accident and can't walk again, people get cancer and other disease that they have to live with. I know God said we shouldn't feed on fear and i know that Job once said that "The thing i feared the most has come upon me." I do not know how to think or what to do my mind is just fed on all the bad things that happens to people and that is making me fear. Because someone has cancer i am also afraid same will happen to me oh God. Help! i am scared i do not want to live this kind of life thinking things that happen to people will happen to me. I don't really have a close relationship with God where i pray every morning but i do say prayers in the night i hardly read the bible because i feel like i am familiar with what i am reading.Peace be unto you all and thanks for reading this

Jun 28, 2018
Sounds like you may have Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) however, I cannot diagnose you as I am not a psychologist and if I remember correctly it's illegal for me to do so. pretty much all I have to have to say is that I am in the same shoes as you, constantly worry about everything and anything including, my own mental health, neurological health, losing control or lacking self-awareness and the future. and If I was you seek a psychologist help deal with your constant worries before they get worst and remember you are not the only person dealing with excessive worrying. God bless

U

Ugly

Here's the thing. Some of these things probably will happen. Others won't. That's part of life.
I was 16 when I was in a car accident. My car was totaled but I was fine as was everyone else involved, three cars, 5-6 people. Now, years later it's a story I often tell with laughter.
I have had various health issues and always will. It's scary at times, and I've been through a lot because of it. But I'm still here.
One of my worst enemies was not a car accident or health problems, its fear and anxiety. All kinds of things can happen to you. But also may not. Yet when fear is involved it doesn't matter if it ever happens to you or not because you make yourself live it every day.
Fear robs you of life and the ability to enjoy life. Your biggest fear should not be all these things that may or may not happen to you, but rather fear living your life afraid and in fear.
Take it from a 42 year old whose dealt with all those same issues you are. The only thing worse than going through them is one day getting older and realizing how little you ever enjoyed life due to fear, and now it's too late to change it.

You are not in control. That's why you're afraid. But even when we are in control we make bad choices. So being in control isn't so great either.
God, however, is in control. So whether good or bad happens to you accepting and having trust that God is working things out for His will can go a long way in easing fear.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, friend. I’m praying, asking God to surround you with His infinite love, constant care and protection. May He be your source of confidence and strength as you look to Him in faith. Also, it might be helpful to share your feelings with your parents, a trusted adult or your youth pastor. Those who know you well are often in the best position to offer advice that’s appropriate for your specific situation. Hang in there…hugs :).

These fears are pretty normal,i used to have them as a child, but I got to control them by replying the voices of fear with the word of God
You see, the enemy fills you with fear to trouble you,the best defense against the voice of fear is the word of God, the word of God is light, it is love, it is peace,it is POWER.
The Psalm 91 and 121 are my best chapters in the Bible, when the fear of accidents or evil befalling you comes, you reply it with a verse from that chapter like. "The word of God says a thousand shall fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand but it shall not come near me" You've shown the enemy that you know who you are and God's promises for you
So Read The Word dear, know it,BELIEVE it,its just not to recite it, but BELIEVE IT! and watch that voice of fear go silent
It'll come back,but not as strong as before
God bless you, and remember that you are the apple of God's eye, the most precious of His Creation

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I am scarred because of everything i hear about like people getting killed, getting raped, getting sick or even living with a disease and so many more. Because of all this, i can't seem to live peacefully without fear crossing my mind. I am afraid that the bad things that i see will happen to me and i do not want any bad thing to happen to me so i am afraid knowing that people get car accident and can't walk again, people get cancer and other disease that they have to live with. I know God said we shouldn't feed on fear and i know that Job once said that "The thing i feared the most has come upon me." I do not know how to think or what to do my mind is just fed on all the bad things that happens to people and that is making me fear. Because someone has cancer i am also afraid same will happen to me oh God. Help! i am scared i do not want to live this kind of life thinking things that happen to people will happen to me. I don't really have a close relationship with God where i pray every morning but i do say prayers in the night i hardly read the bible because i feel like i am familiar with what i am reading.Peace be unto you all and thanks for reading this
Living in fear takes all of the joy out of living. "Fear not" says the Lord. You apparently are obsessed with the fear of the unknown, and most, if not all of the things that may happen to you will not happen.

It says in the bible not to worry about the cares of tomorrow because there is sufficient cares to face and overcome today. Job said what you quoted but he still faced the challenges that were presented and had faith in God that eventually everything would be made right again and even better than before.

I found that it helps to say the Lord's prayer each day and trusting in God to provide your daily bread, and this to take the form of being a help to you in calming your fears and allowing you to overcome all obstacles, minor or major, that you may face each day. Each day God wipes the slate clean and provides a fresh pallet of colors to paint the picture for that day.

Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. There are others that struggle with fear of the unknown too so please know that you are not alone in this regard.

Glad to have you as a member of our family. Welcome to CC.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
Mediate on these verses:

Micah 4:1-13
It shall come to pass in the latter days that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and it shall be lifted up above the hills; and peoples shall flow to it, and many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between many peoples, and shall decide for strong nations far away; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore; but they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree, and no one shall make them afraid, for the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken. For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever. ...
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Romans 4:25
Who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification.
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Hebrews 13:3
Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.
Philippians 1:6
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:2
Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
John 14:2
In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
Mark 4:2
And he was teaching them many things in parables, and in his teaching he said to them:
Matthew 10:3
Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
Micah 4:2
And many nations shall come, and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob, that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.” For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
Isaiah 54:3
For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left, and your offspring will possess the nations and will people the desolate cities.
Proverbs 1:2
To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight,
Psalm 56:3
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
Psalm 37:1-40
Of David. Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. ...
Psalm 31:2
Incline your ear to me; rescue me speedily! Be a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me!
Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
Psalm 27:4
One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple.
Psalm 27:2
When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall.
Psalm 23:2
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
Psalm 3:2
Many are saying of my soul, there is no salvation for him in God. Selah
1 Chronicles 28:3
But God said to me, ‘You may not build a house for my name, for you are a man of war and have shed blood.’
Deuteronomy 31:3
The Lord your God himself will go over before you. He will destroy these nations before you, so that you shall dispossess them, and Joshua will go over at your head, as the Lord has spoken.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
Psalm 27:3
Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
Ephesians 6:19
And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,
Psalm 27:1
Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Hebrews 13:5-6
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”
John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Isaiah 54:4
“Fear not, for you will not be ashamed; be not confounded, for you will not be disgraced; for you will forget the shame of your youth, and the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.
Isaiah 41:13
For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”
Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Psalm 118:6
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
Romans 8:15
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”
Isaiah 40:1-31
Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned, that she has received from the Lord's hand double for all her sins. A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” ...
Proverbs 31:25
Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she laughs at the time to come.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
Philippians 1:12-14
I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole imperial guard and to all the rest that my imprisonment is for Christ. And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
Psalm 40:2
He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
1 Chronicles 28:20
Then David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Proverbs 1:1-33
The proverbs of Solomon, son of David, king of Israel: To know wisdom and instruction, to understand words of insight, to receive instruction in wise dealing, in righteousness, justice, and equity; to give prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the youth— Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance, ...
Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 31:24
Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 3:6
I will not be afraid of many thousands of people who have set themselves against me all around.
Revelation 21:1-27
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ...
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Ephesians 1:1-23
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, ...

2 Corinthians 2:1-17
For I made up my mind not to make another painful visit to you. For if I cause you pain, who is there to make me glad but the one whom I have pained? And I wrote as I did, so that when I came I might not suffer pain from those who should have made me rejoice, for I felt sure of all of you, that my joy would be the joy of you all. For I wrote to you out of much affliction and anguish of heart and with many tears, not to cause you pain but to let you know the abundant love that I have for you. Now if anyone has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure—not to put it too severely—to all of you. ...
1 Corinthians 1:1-31
Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes, To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus, that in every way you were enriched in him in all speech and all knowledge— ...

Mark 4:35-41
On that day, when evening had come, he said to them, “Let us go across to the other side.” And leaving the crowd, they took him with them in the boat, just as he was. And other boats were with him. And a great windstorm arose, and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was already filling. But he was in the stern, asleep on the cushion. And they woke him and said to him, “Teacher, do you not care that we are perishing?” And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. ...
John 17:1-26
When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed. ...