My question is to you mature Brothers and Sisters

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I think you have it backwards sister. I look at YOU as the mature Christian. I pray I could look at every issue or debate in the way you do. With an open mind, not assigning motives, and NOT thinking that it is my way or the highway. All while simultaneously standing firm in the Truth of the Word.
WOW, how encouraging, Brother, that is exactly how I want to be, how I think He wants us to be. So thank you for one of the nicest things ever said to me. Sometimes, though, bro, I do find myself seeing it from different perspectives, thus a bit of confusion comes in. Harmony within the scripture is VERY IMPORTANT, but I must remain focused so I guess, when listening and reading from brothers and sisters, we need to keep the ultimate teachers words and discernment at the forefront. Also, His revealing is in His timing, and no matter what, all unveiling is for His return. Thanks again for seeing this sister from such generous eyes. I think you are spot on, hahaha, jk. Seriously though, big smiles. God bless you and yours.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
In response to your last question, yes, and no. Truth is only served from God but you need to make sure you aren’t talking to yourself. Pray for wisdom and discernment....continually. From my years of Bible study I have concluded, God makes sense. If it doesn’t make sense to me, my perceptions need to be realigned. Most people try to fit themselves into scripture. However, not every word was uttered to every believer. Many people invent their own dogma, favourable to their desires, instead of reading what was wrote. They did it before Christ came, and sadly after. The question is, are we prepared to follow the true Messiah or worship an invented Christ?
Oh sooooo true, I think that is a real problem, looking at every verse, inserting self, rather than Him. Guilty as charged. I think realigning is so important, making sure all our thoughts, actions, and feelings line up with the will/word of God. I think that is why that wilderness comes in handy, we need to be in a position of humility, selflessness, to hear and learn from Him. Lord bring us to your feet, where we belong, even if it hurts. Thank you for your input.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016
We each need to be what God calls us to be.
I can't be you and you can't be me. But we
can walk together, pray together reassure
each other. In beginning a Christian life will
happen many times. We listen, we hear, we
speak and do all for the glory of God. Never
should we strive to be anyone else unless it is
our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the potter, we are the clay.

By surrendering to God we say to Him; You
will always be the potter and we will always
be the clay. We will never be the potter and
You will never be the clay. Yes we begin a
healthy fruitful live with total submission to
Him and all that He is. Lord it is your will and
not mine be done.
There are those who would argue with God, there
are those who would question God but we just
trust and believe in Him. There is no interpreting
God because interpretation is starting to water
down. We just stay with Him, pray with Him and
have faith in every case that He will eventually
give us the answer. We walk our journey with others,
some coming, some going and we should always love
each other. But never should we be a slave to a human
being. We should never be a slave to creeds, dogmas,
ideology or persuasion.

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not
grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

No person should ever nail our feet to the ground.
It is only in flying that we can rise beyond the clouds.​

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
We each need to be what God calls us to be.
I can't be you and you can't be me. But we
can walk together, pray together reassure
each other. In beginning a Christian life will
happen many times. We listen, we hear, we
speak and do all for the glory of God. Never
should we strive to be anyone else unless it is
our Lord Jesus Christ. God is the potter, we are the clay.

By surrendering to God we say to Him; You
will always be the potter and we will always
be the clay. We will never be the potter and
You will never be the clay. Yes we begin a
healthy fruitful live with total submission to
Him and all that He is. Lord it is your will and
not mine be done.
There are those who would argue with God, there
are those who would question God but we just
trust and believe in Him. There is no interpreting
God because interpretation is starting to water
down. We just stay with Him, pray with Him and
have faith in every case that He will eventually
give us the answer. We walk our journey with others,
some coming, some going and we should always love
each other. But never should we be a slave to a human
being. We should never be a slave to creeds, dogmas,
ideology or persuasion.

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not
grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

No person should ever nail our feet to the ground.
It is only in flying that we can rise beyond the clouds.​
Again you take me from my head's knowing to my heart's knowing, where He and His truth needs to be. Thank you. I know that His thoughts are not ours, but His agape love He gives.

S

SpoonJuly

Nope, never.
Now down through the years, the Word has changed my mind many times.
There are many things I do not understand, but what I know, I know.
In my opinion, much of what is stated on forums like this is just foolishness and is evident of people who lack understanding because of a lack of proper study.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Nope, never.
Now down through the years, the Word has changed my mind many times.
There are many things I do not understand, but what I know, I know.
In my opinion, much of what is stated on forums like this is just foolishness and is evident of people who lack understanding because of a lack of proper study.
Our true teacher brings us His revealing, through prayer and study, and counsel too. He does what is nec to get us where we need to be, at His feet, with humility, if we seek His righteousness, and that He also inspires.

S

SpoonJuly

Our true teacher brings us His revealing, through prayer and study, and counsel too. He does what is nec to get us where we need to be, at His feet, with humility, if we seek His righteousness, and that He also inspires.
The key is "we must seek knowledge and understand" and I have met so many that just go to the Word to prove what they believe, not seek the truth.
God will always do His part in teaching, but we must do our part----Seek, learn, and understand.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The key is "we must seek knowledge and understand" and I have met so many that just go to the Word to prove what they believe, not seek the truth.
God will always do His part in teaching, but we must do our part----Seek, learn, and understand.
While I agree that we need to study to be approved, rightly dividing the word, I am not the authority on "them" so how can I speak on what they do. I think there is a great deal of stubbornness and selfishness in many, myself included. I am thankful for His revealing. We all need His mercy and sanctification.

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
Alright gang, I have been pondering again, lol. I am an agreeable person for the most part, meaning I tend to be non confrontational, open minded person, ready to learn, seeing things from different perspectives. Lately though, I have been wondering if this might be counterproductive to my learning and growing curve.

Wait now..

This thread is not an am I an ok person, or do you think I am a people pleaser a wishy washy, fake person, aiming to cater to whomever I am addressing, :). I can imagine that I give that impression but I know myself enough to know where my heart and intentions are. I am NOT seeking reassurances or criticism either, lol. He examines my heart and deals with me as He sees fit, showing me if and when my motives are coming from a deceitful place. He knows my heart best. What I am asking is not about me, actually, but about you...

My question is to you mature Brothers and Sisters, those of you who have spent much time in the word. We are to have an humble, teachable spirit with regards to the Holy Spirit, and we know that the scripture in not for any one man's interpretation, so where do you draw the line with regards to keeping an open mind, looking at the scriptures from others perspective, but not so much that you are tossed to fro, being of no use to anyone, getting nowhere?

How do you keep yourself balanced with regards to standing firm in the truth, while also being open to learning, to growing?

Is it simply a matter of just quieting the mind and waiting for His revealing?
I like post no. 4

I believe we should be learning our theology from good churches....
Mainline churches....those that teach what the bible teaches.

But what does the bible teach?
Everyone on here seems to believe they have the truth.

The bible can be studied for years, but it also can be understood very simply.
I asked my 80 year old father to read the N.T. and tell me what he learned.
This is what he said:

We're born bad and need help in order to be with God.
Jesus is our teacher to get to God.
Jesus died for us.
We must learn from Him and obey His teachings.
If we trust Him we'll go to heaven.

I don't know what else there is to know...
All else is just talking about doctrine and how we understand things.

I do know that mainline churches pretty much teach the same ideas,,,except for those that are reformed and there's only a couple and the rest are independent. (Calvinist in teachings).

We make things difficult when they are really easy....

Dec 12, 2013
Alright gang, I have been pondering again, lol. I am an agreeable person for the most part, meaning I tend to be non confrontational, open minded person, ready to learn, seeing things from different perspectives. Lately though, I have been wondering if this might be counterproductive to my learning and growing curve.

Wait now..

This thread is not an am I an ok person, or do you think I am a people pleaser a wishy washy, fake person, aiming to cater to whomever I am addressing, :). I can imagine that I give that impression but I know myself enough to know where my heart and intentions are. I am NOT seeking reassurances or criticism either, lol. He examines my heart and deals with me as He sees fit, showing me if and when my motives are coming from a deceitful place. He knows my heart best. What I am asking is not about me, actually, but about you...

My question is to you mature Brothers and Sisters, those of you who have spent much time in the word. We are to have an humble, teachable spirit with regards to the Holy Spirit, and we know that the scripture in not for any one man's interpretation, so where do you draw the line with regards to keeping an open mind, looking at the scriptures from others perspective, but not so much that you are tossed to fro, being of no use to anyone, getting nowhere?

How do you keep yourself balanced with regards to standing firm in the truth, while also being open to learning, to growing?

The word of God is foundational and built upon succeeding layers of truth......the foundation begins with the milk and being born again and each successive layer must jive and fit with the proceeding layer of truth. If one layer or even the foundation is faulty it will led to everything after that being faulty........Paul told the Corinthian church to be open to learning and instruction, and we are also told to test the spirits....I am with @SpoonJuly on this one.......if it is biblical it can be found in scripture and be established by 2 or 3 witnesses........and I am a firm believer that the word of GOD has one central truth to everything it embraces and lays bare.........God will LEAD us ALL to the same conclusions at the end of the day if we are honest with the verbiage, context, verb tense etc......

GodsGrace101

Sep 14, 2018
While I agree that we need to study to be approved, rightly dividing the word, I am not the authority on "them" so how can I speak on what they do. I think there is a great deal of stubbornness and selfishness in many, myself included. I am thankful for His revealing. We all need His mercy and sanctification.
Agreed.
We all need His mercy....
We're told that we will be judged the way we judge...
If we are merciful,,, God will be merciful with us.
If we forgive, we will be forgiven.
Although I don't understand how this works in the spiritual realm...
I still do my best to follow what Jesus said to do -- even if I do NOT understand it.
Mathew 5:7

As to sanctification: We are called to be sanctified...set apart for God's works.
2 Thessalonians 2:13

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Agreed.
We all need His mercy....
We're told that we will be judged the way we judge...
If we are merciful,,, God will be merciful with us.
If we forgive, we will be forgiven.
Although I don't understand how this works in the spiritual realm...
I still do my best to follow what Jesus said to do -- even if I do NOT understand it.
Mathew 5:7

As to sanctification: We are called to be sanctified...set apart for God's works.
2 Thessalonians 2:13
I like the way you think, it points to Him and His authority.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The word of God is foundational and built upon succeeding layers of truth......the foundation begins with the milk and being born again and each successive layer must jive and fit with the proceeding layer of truth. If one layer or even the foundation is faulty it will led to everything after that being faulty........Paul told the Corinthian church to be open to learning and instruction, and we are also told to test the spirits....I am with @SpoonJuly on this one.......if it is biblical it can be found in scripture and be established by 2 or 3 witnesses........and I am a firm believer that the word of GOD has one central truth to everything it embraces and lays bare.........God will LEAD us ALL to the same conclusions at the end of the day if we are honest with the verbiage, context, verb tense etc......
I take so much comfort in Him getting us where we need to be and in His revealing. DC are the witnesses establishing speak to how they confirmed what was to be canonized? I mean, I know He is the One responsible but was that a part of the determining process?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I like the way you think, it points to Him and His authority.
The Holy Spirit has brought me down a different path than most. I am like a Pentecostal Sabbath keeper. I see Jesus as the lawgiver and the one always dealing with the patriarchs of old. Then it tells us in Hebrew 13:8 that Christ does not change. This is also stated here: Mal. 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

Jesus wants us--even expects us--to learn what He is doing with the unsaved. He is the only way for any of us to have life everlasting. Yet traditional Christianity has Him losing most people because they can't seem to find the right path. But traditional Christianity has lost the fact that Christ is the hope of the whole world. Many more will have a chance to serve Christ then do right now. Instead, they have pictured God as a sadistic overlord that intends to torture people forever in flames because they couldn't quite cut it with Him.

Yet, God is doing something quite different and it has to do with the gospel of the coming kingdom of God. He want us to know, but this knowledge comes at a price: obedience. Once I realized that I need to do something different, I stopped growing until I did that very thing. Like keeping the seventh-day Sabbath. It was really hard at first, I had to fight everybody and their brother to do so. Once we are obedient, we are treated as His friends.

John 15:14-17 "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another."

It boils down to this: Is there anything that is too hard for us to do for God? If there is, we will never make it to His kingdom. What God expects of us, He also enables us. :)

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The Holy Spirit has brought me down a different path than most. I am like a Pentecostal Sabbath keeper. I see Jesus as the lawgiver and the one always dealing with the patriarchs of old. Then it tells us in Hebrew 13:8 that Christ does not change. This is also stated here: Mal. 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

Jesus wants us--even expects us--to learn what He is doing with the unsaved. He is the only way for any of us to have life everlasting. Yet traditional Christianity has Him losing most people because they can't seem to find the right path. But traditional Christianity has lost the fact that Christ is the hope of the whole world. Many more will have a chance to serve Christ then do right now. Instead, they have pictured God as a sadistic overlord that intends to torture people forever in flames because they couldn't quite cut it with Him.

Yet, God is doing something quite different and it has to do with the gospel of the coming kingdom of God. He want us to know, but this knowledge comes at a price: obedience. Once I realized that I need to do something different, I stopped growing until I did that very thing. Like keeping the seventh-day Sabbath. It was really hard at first, I had to fight everybody and their brother to do so. Once we are obedient, we are treated as His friends.

John 15:14-17 "Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. These things I command you, that ye love one another."

It boils down to this: Is there anything that is too hard for us to do for God? If there is, we will never make it to His kingdom. What God expects of us, He also enables us. :)
Yes yes yes, we do so to please Him, not so we are saved; it never is or was about us, it is all about Him. I'm not where you are in the obedience, in that I don't do the feasts and... I am learning the old testament, and while I am now digging in, as my heart burns as He explains the scriptures, I know there is so much more of Him and agape, selfless love that clearly needs growth. Like just then, notice there sure is a lot of "I" in my response, lol. As a bond-servent/friend, to be at His feet, giving Him Glory in all ways, wanting to please our Father, simply for that reason alone, is such a beautiful testimony of Love; it points to sacrifice, which is what love is. I still trust, though, that He will get us where we need to be, because we r His. Again it is about Jude 1:24-25.

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Jude 1:24‭-‬25 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/jud.1.24-25.NASB

And...

1 Corinthians 1:30-31

But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, so that, just as it is written, " Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord ."
1 Corinthians 1:30‭-‬31 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/1co.1.30-31.NASB

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

Wait now..

Make distinctions between Major Theology and Minor Theology. Except for the cults you will see most differences are in minor theology. beyond that take an "Oh Well" mindset.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Make distinctions between Major Theology and Minor Theology. Except for the cults you will see most differences are in minor theology. beyond that take an "Oh Well" mindset.
Hmmmm, not sure, if I agree with the oh well. But i do agree with discerning the salvific beliefs.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
My understanding of theologies is that they are high falooin' webs of deceit to which our Lord, Jesus, Yeshua, has no kinship. The larger ones kill the Holy Spirit and the very small ones attempt to walk as believers of the first yearts with and after Jesus.......

The only true theology can only be the Word with guidance of the Holy Spirit.........