My testimony - without God's help, no gospel tract can help you

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

theanointedsinner

In the past, I desired salvation, and prayed the prayer of salvation, and became frustrated. I tried to follow many gospel tracts, and I never found out what's missing, until the day I met a professor at my college.

On that day, Professor explained to me that what I have been missing all along was sincerity that can only come from God himself, the Holy Spirit somehow gave me the natural seriousness, and Professor indicated that "now you're taking it seriously", and that Father God is strongly drawing me closer to Jesus.

During our spiritual discussion, God was speaking through Professor in such a way that the Holy Spirit resonate the words in my heart, with maximum possible effectiveness toward the gospel. The questions I ask to Professor somehow help smoothen the process of the gospel, because God was guiding us. I became strongly convicted of my awareness of sin to the point where, at that moment, the fact that I sinned against a holy God becomes the most undeniable truth I can possibly know. The fact that I sinned, is as undeniable as human beings will physically die on this earth.

At decision point! I prayed the prayer of salvation, and God practically choreographed how I feel about each line of this prayer,"I'm a sinner, thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sin, forgive me, and I want you in my life" when I said "I'm a sinner", I was so convicted that part of me felt that an angry God will strike me dead at any moment, moving on to the next line, "thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sin" when I think back at my prayer, I even doubted if I prayed it right, because I think I said that line "thank you Jesus" as if I said it with the attitude of rudeness.

What's amazing is that God can turn "weakness" into strength, in that during the middle of my prayer, the Holy Spirit convict me that "even the bad attitude of my heart is sin against God", and my eyes looked up toward heaven with this realization, and prayed "Forgive me" as in "forgive me for being rude" or "forgive me for being a sinner against you". Somehow my "inner persona" softened and become "child-like", I saw myself as if I'm a little child "wishing upon a star" or "feeling excited to receive a Christmas gift" as if expecting to see something
special, and I prayed with an inner child, "I want you in my life", and this is another part where I also doubted if I prayed it right, because I feel as if, the "child" part of me prayed the prayer of salvation and got saved, but what about the other parts of me? What about the worst part of me? In response to this, Professor told me to not worry about self or weakness but focus on Jesus instead (Hebrews 12:2)

Looking back, the less I "lean on my own understanding", the more my eyes are opened to the fact that I prayed the right way and I prayed flawlessly, because it was God who helped me pray, it was God who's sincerity is powerful enough to make sure that I'm saved.

Scripture can confirm that I prayed it the right way

ROMANS 11:22 - Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe toward those who disobeyed, but kind to you if you continue to trust in his kindness. At the beginning, I was given the holy fear of God's severity, when I realize that even my attitude fall short of God's glory, I felt as if my heart behaved so wrongly in front of God who is worthy of great reverence that I told God that I'm sorry, and ask him to forgive me.

The Bible even ask us to receive Jesus like a child, so that part was also done correctly as well.

How do I know that I'm saved?
1 - I believed the record as described in 1 John 5:11 "this is the record: that God have given us the promise of eternal life and eternal life is found in Jesus", and regardless of what worries I may have, I can cast my worries to Jesus who cares for me (Phil 4:6-7) and be thankful that Jesus can give me the peace of God that transcends all understanding

2 - the fact that before I met Professor, I wanted to believe that even if you pray with as little heart, with as little commitment as possible for salvation, you can still be saved, which was my misunderstanding. After I prayed with God's help on praying that God-guided prayer of salvation, I believe with great resolve that whole-heartedness is necessary to commit ourselves fully onto salvation, and that even if I see bible verse like "mustard seed sized faith", or "I believe, help my unbelief" I see it in context to the need to seek God, whole-heartedly, and that half-hearted-ness is never enough

3 - the fact that whenever I doubt my salvation, I don't even bother try to pray the prayer of salvation again, believing that it's pointless. I believe that it's pointless to pray again for salvation because there is no way I can pray even close to how I prayed on the day of my salvation. For a long time, this worries me the most because I know that whole-heartedness is necessary, and felt the possiblity that I might be condemned to be lost forever. Which depresses me for a long time, I don't even look one page into a bible, I would even become "Ok" with "living in sin", but something inside me is "not ok with this" until I ask Professor about "being doer of the word", and Professor assured me that "The main thing is wanting to live by God's word" and that sanctification is a life long process.

Romans 12:3 "God's word can renew my mind" and I decide to place my faith in that promise.

I dig in to God's word and eventually found a verses that hits me.

May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ. (2 Thessalonians 3:5)

Sooner or Later, God revealed to me that, God's help is necessary to help us pray whole-heartedly for salvation. "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

My heart can be at peace knowing for sure that I don't have to doubt my salvation, and it is also my heart's desire that others can experience the joy of knowing Lord Jesus.

Life is all about allowing Jesus to constantly edit and revise our life, as Jesus is the author and the perfector of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2)

Spiritual growth is not linear, it's as dynamic as relationships, especially the most ultimate relationship of all: fellowship with Jesus who paid the penalty for all the sins of those who are willing to believe, but not only believe, but believe whole-heartedly onto salvation. May God's power be praised, amen

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Lovely testimony. I noticed you gave God the credit for you prayer direction. God is constantly looking at our hearts. If we are really hungry for the things of the spirit, you will be filled. Seek God with all you heart, your mind and soul and He will be found of you. 2 Chron. 15:2. Also James 4:8.

awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
In the past, I desired salvation, and prayed the prayer of salvation, and became frustrated. I tried to follow many gospel tracts, and I never found out what's missing, until the day I met a professor at my college.

On that day, Professor explained to me that what I have been missing all along was sincerity that can only come from God himself, the Holy Spirit somehow gave me the natural seriousness, and Professor indicated that "now you're taking it seriously", and that Father God is strongly drawing me closer to Jesus.

During our spiritual discussion, God was speaking through Professor in such a way that the Holy Spirit resonate the words in my heart, with maximum possible effectiveness toward the gospel. The questions I ask to Professor somehow help smoothen the process of the gospel, because God was guiding us. I became strongly convicted of my awareness of sin to the point where, at that moment, the fact that I sinned against a holy God becomes the most undeniable truth I can possibly know. The fact that I sinned, is as undeniable as human beings will physically die on this earth.

At decision point! I prayed the prayer of salvation, and God practically choreographed how I feel about each line of this prayer,"I'm a sinner, thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sin, forgive me, and I want you in my life" when I said "I'm a sinner", I was so convicted that part of me felt that an angry God will strike me dead at any moment, moving on to the next line, "thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for my sin" when I think back at my prayer, I even doubted if I prayed it right, because I think I said that line "thank you Jesus" as if I said it with the attitude of rudeness.

What's amazing is that God can turn "weakness" into strength, in that during the middle of my prayer, the Holy Spirit convict me that "even the bad attitude of my heart is sin against God", and my eyes looked up toward heaven with this realization, and prayed "Forgive me" as in "forgive me for being rude" or "forgive me for being a sinner against you". Somehow my "inner persona" softened and become "child-like", I saw myself as if I'm a little child "wishing upon a star" or "feeling excited to receive a Christmas gift" as if expecting to see something
special, and I prayed with an inner child, "I want you in my life", and this is another part where I also doubted if I prayed it right, because I feel as if, the "child" part of me prayed the prayer of salvation and got saved, but what about the other parts of me? What about the worst part of me? In response to this, Professor told me to not worry about self or weakness but focus on Jesus instead (Hebrews 12:2)

Looking back, the less I "lean on my own understanding", the more my eyes are opened to the fact that I prayed the right way and I prayed flawlessly, because it was God who helped me pray, it was God who's sincerity is powerful enough to make sure that I'm saved.

ROMANS 11:22 - Notice how God is both kind and severe. He is severe toward those who disobeyed, but kind to you if you continue to trust in his kindness. At the beginning, I was given the holy fear of God's severity, when I realize that even my attitude fall short of God's glory, I felt as if my heart behaved so wrongly in front of God who is worthy of great reverence that I told God that I'm sorry, and ask him to forgive me.

The Bible even ask us to receive Jesus like a child, so that part was also done correctly as well.

1 - I believed the record as described in 1 John 5:11 "this is the record: that God have given us the promise of eternal life and eternal life is found in Jesus", and regardless of what worries I may have, I can cast my worries to Jesus who cares for me (Phil 4:6-7) and be thankful that Jesus can give me the peace of God that transcends all understanding

2 - the fact that before I met Professor, I wanted to believe that even if you pray with as little heart, with as little commitment as possible for salvation, you can still be saved, which was my misunderstanding. After I prayed with God's help on praying that God-guided prayer of salvation, I believe with great resolve that whole-heartedness is necessary to commit ourselves fully onto salvation, and that even if I see bible verse like "mustard seed sized faith", or "I believe, help my unbelief" I see it in context to the need to seek God, whole-heartedly, and that half-hearted-ness is never enough

3 - the fact that whenever I doubt my salvation, I don't even bother try to pray the prayer of salvation again, believing that it's pointless. I believe that it's pointless to pray again for salvation because there is no way I can pray even close to how I prayed on the day of my salvation. For a long time, this worries me the most because I know that whole-heartedness is necessary, and felt the possiblity that I might be condemned to be lost forever. Which depresses me for a long time, I don't even look one page into a bible, I would even become "Ok" with "living in sin", but something inside me is "not ok with this" until I ask Professor about "being doer of the word", and Professor assured me that "The main thing is wanting to live by God's word" and that sanctification is a life long process.

Romans 12:3 "God's word can renew my mind" and I decide to place my faith in that promise.

May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ. (2 Thessalonians 3:5)

Sooner or Later, God revealed to me that, God's help is necessary to help us pray whole-heartedly for salvation. "with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

My heart can be at peace knowing for sure that I don't have to doubt my salvation, and it is also my heart's desire that others can experience the joy of knowing Lord Jesus.

Life is all about allowing Jesus to constantly edit and revise our life, as Jesus is the author and the perfector of our faith. (Hebrews 12:2)

Spiritual growth is not linear, it's as dynamic as relationships, especially the most ultimate relationship of all: fellowship with Jesus who paid the penalty for all the sins of those who are willing to believe, but not only believe, but believe whole-heartedly onto salvation. May God's power be praised, amen
I noticed at the bottom of your post ,
1John2:20
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you all know.
By: @TruthTalk

so as to ask, are you also our member TruthTalk?

T

theanointedsinner

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for sharing your encoruaging testimony with us. If we lean upon God and seek His guidance, He is merciful to help us. Blessings to you!

Lighthearted

Oct 17, 2016

Amen :)

A

Ariel82

Lovely testimony. You are in for a journey but don't be discouraged because God will always walk beside you.

Nov 26, 2018
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
Romans 8:33‭-‬34 KJV

Elene

Jan 4, 2019

You are so Beautiful!
He has given you the gift to write this down and to be an blessing for me also. Because now i understand my first rebellion prayer. I felt convicted also. I thought that it was my fault, that i couldnt be upright.. always a little bit ´wantrouwend´. i dont know the English word for it. But Thanks to our Father, He knows were made of dust. We cant even pray right without Him. You are telling the thruth. He is changing us.
Dear brother of sister, im going to sleep now, its around ten here. So thats why i am blessing you with more testamonies and eyes who are reading you.

Oct 12, 2012

Amen! God had His invisible ✋ on you and drew you to this place; the rest is your testimony to all He puts in front of you! Great testimony! 😋

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
You are so Beautiful!
He has given you the gift to write this down and to be an blessing for me also. Because now i understand my first rebellion prayer. I felt convicted also. I thought that it was my fault, that i couldnt be upright.. always a little bit ´wantrouwend´. i dont know the English word for it. But Thanks to our Father, He knows were made of dust. We cant even pray right without Him. You are telling the thruth. He is changing us.
Dear brother of sister, im going to sleep now, its around ten here. So thats why i am blessing you with more testamonies and eyes who are reading you.
Thank you for your kind words, it's been long since I came back to visit this website, and I'm glad to hear that you're being blessed by it, I'm glad that you could find peace as you regain many good night sleep. there are very few things I treasure and my testimony is one of my best treasure that I could ever ask for.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019

"Amen"...............and, there shall be no doubt, whenever the Holy spirit comes upon a life...it shall
be known.".....:)
'Praise God'

Attachments

Oct 24, 2018
F -- fear not
A -- assurance from God's Word
I -- in God's love
T -- trust in God and the Bible
H -- holiness with Holy Spirit and Bible help

P -- power from Heaven
R -- ruled/guided by the agapè love of God and His Word
A -- attentive to the Holy Spirit
Y -- yearning for God's truths and repentance to righteousness by many
E -- earnest to be righteous and compassionate
R -- ready for the return of the Messiah and His deliverance for believers

C -- Christ, confession
H -- Holy Spirit help
A -- attitudes and actions
N -- needs
G -- good works (Ephesians 2:10)
E -- everywhere for eternity

C -- commitment to God's truth
O -- obedience to the Holy Spirit
U -- understanding God's desires
R -- revival spiritually
A -- attentiveness for opportunities to minister
G -- gratefulness to God, especially for His protection
E -- enduring in faith of God

theanointedwinner

Nov 6, 2018
F -- fear not
A -- assurance from God's Word
I -- in God's love
T -- trust in God and the Bible
H -- holiness with Holy Spirit and Bible help

P -- power from Heaven
R -- ruled/guided by the agapè love of God and His Word
A -- attentive to the Holy Spirit
Y -- yearning for God's truths and repentance to righteousness by many
E -- earnest to be righteous and compassionate
R -- ready for the return of the Messiah and His deliverance for believers

C -- Christ, confession
H -- Holy Spirit help
A -- attitudes and actions
N -- needs
G -- good works (Ephesians 2:10)
E -- everywhere for eternity

C -- commitment to God's truth
O -- obedience to the Holy Spirit
U -- understanding God's desires
R -- revival spiritually
A -- attentiveness for opportunities to minister
G -- gratefulness to God, especially for His protection
E -- enduring in faith of God
I believe it will be informative, can you clarify why some parts are underlined or not