Mystery Babylon

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
What would be the wealthiest city in this day and age Im wondering. The one thats the most influential and the one where its ok to sin and blaspheme God.
ROME - Constantine > state religion > pagan Rome >transformed into Christian versions of Babylonian occult images and practices.
The rise of an anti-Christ state religion of worldly power in which the original spiritual truth and life of the gospel is replaced with
church worship and a hierarchy of priests and bishops.
The ending of the gospel of Mark is cut and defaced as the new religion of Rome and the empire does not hold up against these
specific signs of true worship.
Heretics are persecuted. The Bible is translated into Latin and remains inaccessible to the common people.
The church becomes wealthy and invests in property and idols to the saints and martyrs of old.
In the end by about 500AD the Pope - Pontus Maximus - is now the Bishop of Rome and "emperor" of Christendom.
By 606AD Boniface III declares himself not only to be the Bishop of Rome but also the supreme Bishop of the entire church
and that all other Bishops throughout Christendom are now subject to his authority alone.
And the rest is history as they say.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
We've come a long way from churches meeting in a disciple's house …

View attachment 198481
Ok i just wonder why in revelation John doesnt just say...its Rome.
He writes to all the other churches around the mediterranean mentioning them by name.

Also the seven mountains can anyone name them. I mean I do understand that it was the Romans who were the ones that actually crucified Jesus. Even though it was the jews that betrayed him and wanted him dead. It was the Romans who carried it out.

Mar 21, 2019
Going back to mystery Babylon...the topic of this thread.

What would be the wealthiest city in this day and age Im wondering. The one thats the most influential and the one where its ok to sin and blaspheme God.
I'd guess for wealth Rome, or the City of London, or New York City. Certainly okay to sin (in some ways) in all these cities.

Full of names of blasphemy, what would those be I wonder.
Using the Lord's name in vain. In New York, I believe their currency claims "In God we trust", but from their laws, one wouldn't realise it. To be honest, a weak contender.

In Rome, plenty of blasphemy over the years.

On April 29, 1922, in the Vatican throne room, a throng of cardinals, bishops, priests, nuns, boys and girls, who had all fallen on their knees in reverence of the one before them, were then addressed from the throne by Pope Pius XI, who said: “you know that I am the Holy Father, the representative of God on the earth, the Vicar of Christ, which means I am God on the earth.” – Pope Pius XI, quoted in the Bulwark, October, 1922, p. 104. Pius XI (1857-1939) was pope from 1922-1939.

“We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304. Leo XIII (1810-1903) was pope from 1878 until his death.

In London, "Lord" Mayor sounds as if it could be used in a blasphemous way (Jesus is Lord).

Sodom and egypt...why was that name given to Jerusalem...spiritually.
Sodom - infamous for its abominations. Egypt - known for resisting God and enslaving and persecuting His people.

Would Babylon be the spiritual name also given to Jerusalem?
Didn't Peter refer to Jerusalem as Babylon?

1 Peter 5:13 She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark.

Mar 21, 2019
He writes to all the other churches around the mediterranean mentioning them by name.

Also the seven mountains can anyone name them. I mean I do understand that it was the Romans who were the ones that actually crucified Jesus. Even though it was the jews that betrayed him and wanted him dead. It was the Romans who carried it out.
But Jesus indicated to Pilate that "the one who had handed me over to you [i.e. the Jews] is guilty of a greater sin."

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Ok. I dont recall the geography of Rome if anyone can name the seven mountains that might help.
If its Jerusalem what seven mountains does Jerusalem sit on?
THE SEVEN HILLS OF JERUSALEM

1 Mount Scopus

2 Nob

3 Mount of Corruption also known as Mount of Offence

4 The South Summit the original Mount Zion between the the Kedron and Tyropoeon Valleys

5 The Ophel Mount

6 The Rock near the Antonia Fortress

7 The New Mount Zion

Revelation is full of symbols that have their origins in the OT. Babylon is a symbol of apostate Jerusalem which is called a Whore and an Adulteress a number of times in the Prophets. Also like Babylon it was the centre of trade and wealth during the reign of Solomon

E

eternally-gratefull

Eternally grateful your logic doesnt make any sense I know you trying to argue it to fit in with your rapture theory, but you miss so many things.
Lol. This is the fiunniest thing I ever heard. I noever once said anythign about any rapture theory. Or trying to defend one.

what you just proved is your trying to argue to fit your belief and what you have heard others say people like me believe and not the words I say by themselves.

In doing so, you will continue to fail. And continue to show your lack of openness.

Also, you claim nothing happened after the death of Christ well actually thats not true Jesus was resurrected! That is basic fact you completely ignore.
See. You just proved my case. I never said nothing happened. In fact i said many things happened.

Dude, give it up. If your not going to listen to anyone, your going to continue to put your foot in your mouth.

Another fact you ignore is the temple itself is no longer there! GO to iSrael and see for yourself. What is in the spot deemed holy of holies now? Its the dome of the rock. An islamic monument!

Lol. Yep. As daniel was told in Daniel 9, once the temple is left in ruins, it will continue to be that way UNTIL a certain time,

Dan 9: 26:
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Which I already stated, so thank you for helping me prove my case. That the city and sanctuary is till desolate.

Come now do you expect any of us to believe Jesus did not confirm the covenant, with his own blood, that we celebrate with communicion each time we gather?
Come now. Do you really expect people to beliebve Jesus only confirmed a 1 week covenant?

Dan 9: 27: 27 Then he shall confirm a [k]covenant with many for one week;

You keep hurting your own theories man, You should stop.

Do you expect any of us to believe that someone else aside from Jesus confirms this covenant, and then breaks it?
Your talking about the wrong covenant man. Once again, You need to stop. Your hurting your own debate. Jdsus did not confirm a coveant for 1 week. He confirmed an ETERNAL covenant with his blood.

You are grasping at straws. You are making up another covenant out of your own imagination.
Your graspomg at straws, your trying to make a 1 week covenant and turn it into an eternal covenant. You can not even read what was said, and see it for what it is.

Plus, Jesus is the King of Israel..he came for Israel first. He is also a light for the gentiles but its clear in the Bible he came for jews As he himself was from Judah...and bring salvation to israel first. He is the seed of abraham.

The old abrahamic convenat was renewed theough Jesus Christ. Recall back in Genesis how abraham offered various animals and cut them in half and God walked through them. JEsus blood was given when he was crucified to renew THIS convenant. The promises and blessings now extend through Jesus and that now includes gentiles.
This has nothign to do with daniel 9

Again, Go back, READ and come talk to me. Or continue to make yourself look bad by

1. Not even knowing what I am saying
2. Trying to turn a 1 week covenant into an eternal one
3. Saying things which SUPPORT my view, not hurt my view.

The choice is yours. I will welcome if you continue to stay on this path. It just helps my case.

E

eternally-gratefull

concerning Jerusalem
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord
was crucified.
Revelation 11:8
And?

Who saids this would not happen?

Not me!!

E

eternally-gratefull

Going back to mystery Babylon...the topic of this thread.

Full of names of blasphemy, what would those be I wonder.

Sodom and egypt...why was that name given to Jerusalem...spiritually.
Would Babylon be the spiritual name also given to Jerusalem? We do know Jeruslaem was taken over by Babylonians in the past. The jews were taken captive...the psalmist lamented by the rivers of Babylon, where we sat down, yea we wept, when we remembered Zion. It wasnt a place that they wanted to go.

Even though it may have had beautiful hanging gardens and all sorts of luxury goods. It wasnt home.
Lets see

Jerusalem? Wealth? The world is buying inter her stuff?? Influential in worldy events?

Yeah, thats what I thought

Try again, Jerusalem does not fit ANY of the characteristics layed out in revelation concerning babylon.

E

eternally-gratefull

He does nto say its jerusalem either

Your own argument is used against you.

E

eternally-gratefull

THE SEVEN HILLS OF JERUSALEM

1 Mount Scopus

2 Nob

3 Mount of Corruption also known as Mount of Offence

4 The South Summit the original Mount Zion between the the Kedron and Tyropoeon Valleys

5 The Ophel Mount

6 The Rock near the Antonia Fortress

7 The New Mount Zion

Revelation is full of symbols that have their origins in the OT. Babylon is a symbol of apostate Jerusalem which is called a Whore and an Adulteress a number of times in the Prophets. Also like Babylon it was the centre of trade and wealth during the reign of Solomon
No.

Babylon is its own religion. It offered the world. And Israel a harlot, with which to cheat on God.

It is WHO Israel went to. When she sinned against God. It was not jerusalem.

Baal worship was not from Israel. Yet Isreal played with Baal, Baal was the harlot. Isreal was the adulterer) Nor was the other pagan influences which got its start in babylon.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont reckon rome is that influential cos nobody here buys anything made in Italy. Plus as far as I know my country doesnt do any trade or exports to Italy, where Rome is.

And the pope isnt that influential, its only to catholics. Most of the christians I know arent catholics.

But thats just my opinon.

I know of some catholics that would fly to the Vatican just to get blessed by the Pope, but thats catholics -they do that sort of thing. The pope really has no bearing on most non catholic peoples everyday lives.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Lol. This is the fiunniest thing I ever heard. I noever once said anythign about any rapture theory. Or trying to defend one.

what you just proved is your trying to argue to fit your belief and what you have heard others say people like me believe and not the words I say by themselves.

In doing so, you will continue to fail. And continue to show your lack of openness.

See. You just proved my case. I never said nothing happened. In fact i said many things happened.

Dude, give it up. If your not going to listen to anyone, your going to continue to put your foot in your mouth.

Lol. Yep. As daniel was told in Daniel 9, once the temple is left in ruins, it will continue to be that way UNTIL a certain time,

Dan 9: 26:
And the people of the prince who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war desolations are determined.

Which I already stated, so thank you for helping me prove my case. That the city and sanctuary is till desolate.

Come now. Do you really expect people to beliebve Jesus only confirmed a 1 week covenant?

Dan 9: 27: 27 Then he shall confirm a [k]covenant with many for one week;

You keep hurting your own theories man, You should stop.

Your talking about the wrong covenant man. Once again, You need to stop. Your hurting your own debate. Jdsus did not confirm a coveant for 1 week. He confirmed an ETERNAL covenant with his blood.

Your graspomg at straws, your trying to make a 1 week covenant and turn it into an eternal covenant. You can not even read what was said, and see it for what it is.

This has nothign to do with daniel 9

Again, Go back, READ and come talk to me. Or continue to make yourself look bad by

1. Not even knowing what I am saying
2. Trying to turn a 1 week covenant into an eternal one
3. Saying things which SUPPORT my view, not hurt my view.

The choice is yours. I will welcome if you continue to stay on this path. It just helps my case.
No the choice is your because you have no case. You have just spewed a lot of nonsesne that makes no sense and expect everyone to agree with your view. Well most people dont and were all pretty au fait with the Bible.

Why because you fail to explain clearly and make out that when Jesus died nothing happened. And that we should look for someone else and the making of another, unrelated convenant. So silly!

Do you not understand the purpose of the covenant? I have just explained in my previous posts.

Daniel was prohesying about Jesus. Not anyone else.
What desolations are determined? God pouring out the plagues etc and then new heaven and earthto come.
People of the prince that shall come destory the city and the sanctuary...its talking about the gentiles. Eleswhere in the Bible it does say Jerusalem will be trodden down by the gentiles. Has the sacrifice and oblation ceased?

Yes. When?
When Jesus gave his life it was one for all. Are there people still sacrificing at the temple in Jerusalem now? Um go have a look. Is there anyone? Is there even a temple there to go inside? Noooooo.

E

eternally-gratefull

No the choice is your because you have no case. You have just spewed a lot of nonsesne that makes no sense and expect everyone to agree with your view. Well most people dont and were all pretty au fait with the Bible.

Why because you fail to explain clearly and make out that when Jesus died nothing happened. And that we should look for someone else and the making of another, unrelated convenant. So silly!

Do you not understand the purpose of the covenant? I have just explained in my previous posts.

Daniel was prohesying about Jesus. Not anyone else.
What desolations are determined? God pouring out the plagues etc and then new heaven and earthto come.
People of the prince that shall come destory the city and the sanctuary...its talking about the gentiles. Eleswhere in the Bible it does say Jerusalem will be trodden down by the gentiles. Has the sacrifice and oblation ceased?

Yes. When?
When Jesus gave his life it was one for all. Are there people still sacrificing at the temple in Jerusalem now? Um go have a look. Is there anyone? Is there even a temple there to go inside? Noooooo.
like I sam done

1. You ignore the context of Dan 9
2. You ignore the fact the prince only confirmed a 7 YEAR covenant, where christ confirmed an ETERNAL covenant.
3. You ignore the fact this discussion concerning these events have NOTHING to do with the salvation of one person. But just future events which God said WILL HAPPEN.

Once again, Go study, Until then, do not bother trying to talk to me anymore. Just keep talking to the room, Because everytime you talk. You HELP my case, not hurt it.

E

eternally-gratefull

I dont reckon rome is that influential cos nobody here buys anything made in Italy. Plus as far as I know my country doesnt do any trade or exports to Italy, where Rome is.

And the pope isnt that influential, its only to catholics. Most of the christians I know arent catholics.

But thats just my opinon.

I know of some catholics that would fly to the Vatican just to get blessed by the Pope, but thats catholics -they do that sort of thing. The pope really has no bearing on most non catholic peoples everyday lives.
Lol

Rome is not babylon (at least not the rome your thinking of) and no one here thinks the city of rome is babylon..

Ince again, You need to study what people actually believe, you keep hurting yourself.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sits.
18 And the woman which thou saw is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.
Revelation 17:

The Seven Hills of Rome
Palatine - Capitoline - Aventine - Esquiline - Quirinal - Caelian - Viminal

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Because Rome is the key player in Mystery Babylon, but Jerusalem will be the capital of the Antichrist for 42 months (3 1/2 years). Rome is presently trying to unite all of Christendom while proclaiming that the god of Islam (Allah) is also the God of Christians!

And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein. But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(Rev 11:1,2)

Rome and Jerusalem will work hand in hand to promote the idolatry of Mystery Babylon.
All has not been fully revealed, and many details are hidden.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Rome represents Western Civilization not just Italy. Europe and the Europeans (even the Orthodox East) are a product of
the Roman world.
Rome has continued being the preeminent and most influential seat of power for the development and growth of what became
Christianity over the last 1800 years. Even after the Reformation no other city in Christendom compares to the power, wealth and
influence of Rome as a seat of Christian religion.
It is the Pope that all the political leaders (including Protestant leaders) visit and have "discussions" with, not the Archbishop of
Canterbury or whoever is head of the Lutheran Church.

The Treaty of Rome brought about the creation of the European Economic Community (EEC), now the European Union.
It was signed on 25 March 1957 in Rome on the Capitoline Hill …

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Which other Christian denomination has such a magnificent headquarters as this?
Worldly wealth - worldly power - worldly corruption
Note again the presence of the Egyptian obelisk in a very central position

1557691311404.png