If you feel it is your duty to call me to some kind of repentance or sway me in my beliefs...know now that if I turned my back on what I believe, I would become atheist
Which has been my experience with Mormons. And I don't really understand that either. I was raised a Baptist but am now best described as a Messianic Jew. What I realized was that some of my beliefs went against that document I believed in - the Bible. So giving up some beliefs and adopting others never needed to be a transition from one faith to another. It was rather a correction of beliefs to be more closely in line with what I had supported all along.
But the question I have for you is whether or not Mormons believe in the necessity of baptism to be saved? That is, if you are never baptized but believe in the Gospel (i.e. Good News), then can you still be saved?