Narcissism Exposed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A friend shared this ladies work and I found it a great blessing, we are all exposed to narcissistic personalities and as Christians, we tend to attack the as we are kind, helpful and tend to want the best for others, the very thing the devil will and his minions will attack.
She shares great scriptural backing for her videos.
I hope you are as blessed as I was from her work, she has a LOT of good videos on you tube.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Cliff's Notes version: Narcissists are bluffing when they try to control you. They're really scared to death you'll call their bluff and leave them.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I agree that (generally speaking) that is why they are the way they are. However, nothing good ever comes from trying to keep around a narcissistic friend.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we are and will continue to see more and more, in these last of the last days the good are getting better, the bad are getting worse. Thank you emily

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The woman in this video casts the narcissist as the enemy who needs to be conquered, subdued and put in his place, and refers to the viewer as "you, the GOOD person, the empath..."

No wonder her videos are so popular. :rolleyes:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
A narcissist might respond that way.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
One finger forward three fingers back.....hummmmm

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
haven't heard that since grade school, most have outgrown such....:unsure::giggle:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
A narcissist might respond that way.
HA! If I were narcissistic I'd probably have more fun. o_O

Nah... Never mind. It sounds like too much stress. Narcissism would probably be hard on both my blood pressure and digestion. :sneaky:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The woman in that video seems very... adversarial. She repeatedly stated that using the knowledge she is giving the viewer will enable you to make a narcissist run out of the room in embarrassment.

I have never hated anybody enough to want to make him run out of the room, in embarrassment or otherwise.

The analogy she used (and kept going on and on about) was Dorothy and the Wicked Witch, with the viewer cast as Dorothy and the narcissist cast as the Wicked Witch. She kept going on about you will have power like Dorothy against the Witch... Why would anybody want to have that much interaction with a narcissist? They should not be avoided and ignored, not belittled and fought.

I mean... if I FIGHT them, I have to actually TALK to them. I don't want to talk to them. At all. Certainly I don't want to talk to them long enough to fight them.

The best way to deal with narcissists, whether or not you know a big secret they don't want you to know, is to ignore them. If they don't get the attention they want, they'll drift away and go bug somebody else. Or, hopefully, just go home.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Another good one, Christians can be easily taken in by these-

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sometimes kids are involved, I appreciate how she explains the biblical guidance to stay in a marriage ( about 16 minutes) was not intended to keep a person in abusive relationships.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I think the big red flag that a person is dealing with a narcissist is….

the narcissist is a “taker” NOT a “giver.”

A true giver gives without hidden motives. A narcissist gives with hidden motives.

Also, a narcissist is a manipulator…twists truth for their advantage.

They cannot admit weakness…ask them about their struggles and weaknesses…they can’t answer those questions. They despise weakness and only want to appear strong.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
@shittim - thank you for this thread and all the videos…those narcissists are wolves that want to devour sheep! :rolleyes:

Jesus-our Good Shepherd did say, “My people perish for lack of knowledge.”

Our Good Shepherd speaks Truth, we know His Voice…a stranger we will not follow because they do not speak truth.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thank you Lafftur! They are all around us, looking for those of us who they may devour, and we will keep our focus on our Lord and Savior.
Nanette has a great way of sharing and tying relevant scriptures to the message to illuminate the message, tying what the bible describes as "fools" to these people who are not of the fold of Christ.
Always wonderful to hear from you!
Bless you in Jesus name!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
When they discover the center of the universe...

A lot of people will be disappointed they are not it!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
In The New Science of Narcissists, low agreeableness ( or antagonism) is the personality trait

that ALL Narcissists have in common.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Here is one from her I found today, sounds like she has had a lot of experience with 3 of them in her relationship history.