National Bible Day

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Duterte OKs law declaring National Bible Day a special working holiday

Published January 10, 2019, 7:21 PM
By Genalyn Kabiling

President Duterte has signed a law declaring every last Monday of January as a special working holiday to observe the National Bible Day [with Senator Manny Pacquiao, as the bill's author].

Republic Act No. 11163, signed last December 20, will be known as the “National Bible Day Act.”

“It is the policy of the State that the government shall aid and encourage development of the moral character and spiritual foundation of the Filipino people,” the law read.

“As a predominately Christian nation and the largest Christian nation in the Asia Pacific, this Act recognizes the value of the Holy Bible as the core of Christian faith. The last Monday of January and every year thereafter is hereby declared as ‘National Bible Day’ and proclaim the same as a special working holiday,” it added.

bobinfaith

Jan 10, 2019
Daly City, CA
www.livingstoneministries.com

By Genalyn Kabiling

President Duterte has signed a law declaring every last Monday of January as a special working holiday to observe the National Bible Day [with Senator Manny Pacquiao, as the bill's author].

Republic Act No. 11163, signed last December 20, will be known as the “National Bible Day Act.”

“It is the policy of the State that the government shall aid and encourage development of the moral character and spiritual foundation of the Filipino people,” the law read.

“As a predominately Christian nation and the largest Christian nation in the Asia Pacific, this Act recognizes the value of the Holy Bible as the core of Christian faith. The last Monday of January and every year thereafter is hereby declared as ‘National Bible Day’ and proclaim the same as a special working holiday,” it added.
Hello Mar09;

Thank you for sharing this. We have family in Los Banos and will encourage them.

God bless you, Mar09, and your family.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Ah that is so good to hear! Thank you too.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015

By Genalyn Kabiling

Wow! Amen! Also a Stress free for me as working employee...

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Hi fred,
I see it's not a nonworking, but a special working holiday. No matter, you can celebrate w/ the others and join some activities. Or you can take a day off and really be part of your church's or other NB Day activities:)

jameen

Feb 5, 2018
Manila

By Genalyn Kabiling

Despite of this if you are Pinoy Catholic, you are required to hate Duterte, try to oust him and support and love his political enemies. Anyone who refuses to do so is not a real Catholic in the Philippines.

Anyway what I can quote from the Bible that we should always remember and not just during National Bible Day:

Proverbs 1:23 Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It is fair, and reasonable, that in the political realm, people may question the motives of some of the people involved in passing a law... any law. Such is politics. Even when a good law is passed, it is sometimes hard to tell exactly why and how it came to be.

But regardless of all of the different possible motives, there is a larger issue, a more important issue, that truly disturbs me.

What disturbs me is that my own country will never have such a law.
Never.
My country would never even consider it.

What a sad state of things.

We should all do our best to tend, and care for, whatever good and decent things we have.
Satan is always hard at working trying to tear them down.