National Election 2016 Talk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abing

Hey guys, anyone voting? Who you voting for? I'm very interested in Duterte's running for president. For the first time, Filipinos are actually one (from all faiths) in urging him to run. I've never seen something this huge of a movement from our country and it's encouraging!

He's not even Christian but the Word of God remains true.

Righteousness exalts a nation. In the same way, Lee Kwan Yew, Singapore's first PM, I truly believe, was able to bless Singapore because he chose to help the Israelites (and Singapore still does this today). I am really really excited to see this election. And, needless to say, there is a lot to pray for (praying and believing for no death this election, no bloody encounter and no power interruption and that the people's unity will be strength for the rest of us to rise up to righteousness).

Thoughts on this my fellow countrymen?

Also, what do you think about Philippines having a federal government?

A

Abing

**quoted post removed**

Wellllll, there's a reason I posted this in the Filipino forums lol. He hasn't done a lot of interviews, I wouldn't know how he's viewed internationally. I lived for a few years in the city where he was and still is Mayor. The thing is he doesn't even want to run for president. It's the rest of the Philippines urging him to. Just recently over 360,000 people in our capital city gathered together in an act of pleading him to run. People have been asking for his answer. He repeatedly said no. Apparently, there are no other choices. If Villanueva would run again (he failed last time), I'd vote for him.

Truth is, a group of anonymous businessmen have already opened accouts to fund him (cuz he mentioned once that he's not running because he lacks financially lol). They remained anonymous because the guy would not live without repaying people he owed. I mean, corruption is a heavy problem in our country and seeing the guy's honesty in that, I think, added to the reasons why people want him as president. I honestly think he will win because of the support. I may be wrong (like last time, when Arroyo cheated and then apologized on national TV after she won the election, I mean that was just total stupidity). I think the country's tired of the same people doing the same thing over and over again and not seeing any change. It's true change starts in us, and tbh the church should be doing more and be impacting our nation, but having an honest government really really helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Abing

Also, P-Noy Aquino, current president, isn't running anymore (he got stressed out! lol). So we will have a new president. I wonder if there are Filipinos here, who may or may not be in the Philippines right now, who have views on this too.

A

Abing

**quoted post removed

Hey :) no offence taken. None at all. Well, the thing is... all our government officials kill to win the elections. We've had really bloody elections before. It's like, they all do it. This coming elections, we'll have a new president and got 4, well now 3 choices. Duterte isn't running. Honestly, I don't know what difference it makes now, whoever wins :/

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
You know, it isn't about how many people want someone to be their dictator. It is about what that dictator will do if "elected."

One only has to look to Germany in 1933, the desperate straits that country was in and a little tweaking by the SS, and behold, one of the most evil dictators that ever walked the earth! And a World War and many countries to stop him, to say nothing of the millions and millions of lives lost.

Germany has controls in effect so this will never happen again. I fear for the Philippines if what I have read about this man is true. I will be praying for your country!

gideon007

Jun 30, 2012
As a Filipino i would love to vote for Duterte but have doubts; he was able to keep Davao on what it is now but i don't think he'll be able to govern the whole Philippines the way he does in Davao...

And i don't think there's a need to change the form of government cause whatever it is, it may be federal, democratic, aristocracy, communist etc. nothing will change if people whom we place on the higher hierarchy are greedy of power still our country end up in a ditch.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Personally I don't vote, when obama was first running I was a kid he made all kinds of promises just to be elected and honestly I kind of think that is basically what many will do to be elected this time as well. in all honesty we don't even really know these ppl who are running, everyone was so sure about Obama they thought he would be the best for president and he turned out to be the worst we ever had he was nothing like he pretended to be.

in all honesty no matter what any of these canidates say or who they appear to be no matter what promises they make I am unable to believe them, politics is a shifty and sneaky business there is so much deceit in it that honesty is rarely ever put into the soup because honesty in politics will make you drop into last place.

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Also, P-Noy Aquino, current president, isn't running anymore (he got stressed out! lol). So we will have a new president. I wonder if there are Filipinos here, who may or may not be in the Philippines right now, who have views on this too.
Abing, i cannot say much on this now. We'll see.

A

Abing

Abing, i cannot say much on this now. We'll see.
Did you hear about Duterte's daughter shaving her head wanting her father to run?

A

Abing

**quoted post removed**

Lol! It's too late for him to run now. He refused so yeah. Actually, I was interested because I've never seen Filipinos so eager to vote for someone lol. Tbh, I wasn't even planning on voting :/

I thought we only had 4 candidates, but we actually have 130 people running for president. Lol. I like to think that's just them making light of the situation (because most of these guys aren't even serious), but really it's my countrymen giving up on our government. It's saddening. Living in Singapore, I always end up comparing. I shouldn't though. It gets disappointing. lol.

Aquino gave up lol.

From the looks of it, I think Mar Roxas has the biggest chance. But Binay isn't far behind though. WE ALL LOATHE HIM. As far as I know. But the usual case is, he'd buy the votes of those in the rural areas. :/ I don't know what will happen to my country if he wins.

K

Kefa54

At this point I might just pull a name out of a hat and vote. SURPRISE!!!

FAITH14

Feb 15, 2014
very well said Maxwel.. Those who will vote, please pray for it.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Duterte? the one who joke about the Bible and God by supporting gays movement... last week Phil. Daily Inquirer reported saying that in the Bible, God should have included gay in creating Adam and Eve.:confused:

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
Duterte? the one who joke about the Bible and God by supporting gays movement... last week Phil. Daily Inquirer reported saying that in the Bible, God should have included gay in creating Adam and Eve.:confused:

Did he really say that? Duterte is a big enigma to me. Maybe he just dont want to condemn gay people. What he hates the most are the criminals who make the world unsafe and he just want to maintain peace and order so that people can work freely and focus on improving their lives. He wants to stop corruption so that services to the people will be more efficient and he will work on the equal distribution of wealth thru federalism so that the poverty problem will be alleviated if not ended once and for all. Dont trust his words because he is used to swearing a lot. It only shows his heart that he is so fed up with our rotten government. He has a good heart for the people, thats what is important. He has a strong sense of justice and there is truth and wisdom in his words if you will really listen well. He is often misunderstood because he speaks differently,very honest. His ways are radical with fast, effective and long term results but I believe his intentions are quite noble. Of all the choices we have now I think he is the lesser evil. Vote wisely...

T

truthprevails

Did he really say that? Duterte is a big enigma to me. Maybe he just dont want to condemn gay people. What he hates the most are the criminals who make the world unsafe and he just want to maintain peace and order so that people can work freely and focus on improving their lives. He wants to stop corruption so that services to the people will be more efficient and he will work on the equal distribution of wealth thru federalism so that the poverty problem will be alleviated if not ended once and for all. Dont trust his words because he is used to swearing a lot. It only shows his heart that he is so fed up with our rotten government. He has a good heart for the people, thats what is important. He has a strong sense of justice and there is truth and wisdom in his words if you will really listen well. He is often misunderstood because he speaks differently,very honest. His ways are radical with fast, effective and long term results but I believe his intentions are quite noble. Of all the choices we have now I think he is the lesser evil. Vote wisely...
You are just winding your comments about Duterte but you really supports Duterte anyway. I do not believed Duterte is a lesser evil, but a great evil. He supported the arm communist, a murderer, adulterer, wife beater, he got only double-standard justice, and even he is corrupt. To enumerate his corruption as follows: city hall thousands of ghost employees, the lost of 2 billions assets of city hall, people's park construction overpricing, city finance auditing perjury overpricing cost of allowance of teachers and police, intelligence funds misused. Did he really hate criminals??? how about the NPA are terrorist extortionist, why he coddled them and even admitted that he paid revo tax to NPA. Can God forgive Duterte for his horrible political acts??

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
You are just winding your comments about Duterte but you really supports Duterte anyway. I do not believed Duterte is a lesser evil, but a great evil. He supported the arm communist, a murderer, adulterer, wife beater, he got only double-standard justice, and even he is corrupt. To enumerate his corruption as follows: city hall thousands of ghost employees, the lost of 2 billions assets of city hall, people's park construction overpricing, city finance auditing perjury overpricing cost of allowance of teachers and police, intelligence funds misused. Did he really hate criminals??? how about the NPA are terrorist extortionist, why he coddled them and even admitted that he paid revo tax to NPA. Can God forgive Duterte for his horrible political acts??
Ok you can now stop condemning Duterte. Nobody is perfect. He will win anyway whether we like it or not. The surveys don't go wrong. Great biblical kings and leaders like David and others were not perfect but they gained God's favor. Regarding the rebels, we don't know his reasons why he deals with them that way. Maybe he is just pacifying them for now so they will not bring havoc to the people but when he becomes president these rebels will have no choice but cooperate in nation building or else he will wipe them all out. You have no evidence in your claims about his corruption and human rights issues. I dont care if he steals a lot of money or he is a killing machine, he is accountable to God. I can't do anything about it. What I care about is if he can improve the lives of Filipinos by fixing the peace and order situation, corruption, red tape and poverty issues etc. Can God forgive him? Well you dont know about his relationship with God, all you did was judge him. What you see outside does not always define what's within.

T

truthprevails

Ok you can now stop condemning Duterte. Nobody is perfect. He will win anyway whether we like it or not. The surveys don't go wrong. Great biblical kings and leaders like David and others were not perfect but they gained God's favor. Regarding the rebels, we don't know his reasons why he deals with them that way. Maybe he is just pacifying them for now so they will not bring havoc to the people but when he becomes president these rebels will have no choice but cooperate in nation building or else he will wipe them all out. You have no evidence in your claims about his corruption and human rights issues. I dont care if he steals a lot of money or he is a killing machine, he is accountable to God. I can't do anything about it. What I care about is if he can improve the lives of Filipinos by fixing the peace and order situation, corruption, red tape and poverty issues etc. Can God forgive him? Well you dont know about his relationship with God, all you did was judge him. What you see outside does not always define what's within.
Why stop condemning Duterte?? Can we cannot condemn his wickedness? Yes no one is perfect, but no excuse to the unrepentant sinner(like Duterte) still continue his wicked ways. David repented, but you cannot see Duterte repented of his wicked ways, and even admitted that he is politically left leaning. His style of ending criminality for him the solution is outright killing without due process, the extra-judicial killing just only pattern from the evil communist doctrine as the only solution by arms and killing. Seems he want to copy the Hitler facism and Mossulini dictatorship,history proves it was a big failure! Are you telling us that Duterte only pacifying the rebels, hmmnn he did not include to mentioned in his flatform that he will the end insurgency problem. He did not considered the NPA extortion as a crime, what a hell! The extra-judicial killings in Davao is a clear human violation, who will be blame, not to blame Duterte? just blame the police of Davao? or you want to blame PNoy or Roxas? His death squad with him for more than 20 years in serving Davao is not really effective bringing peace and order. Why? summary execution of suspected street-level drug pushers and users(small time criminal) does not do away the big time drugs syndicates as the root of drug menace. Drugs and crimes still continue in Davao, police record proves that, Davao City is the 4th highest crime volume in the country. Reason that Duterte top the surveys because most of them did not knew the dark side of Duterte and no one in Davao dares to expose him, he controlled all the media of Davao City and include them in the payroll at the expense of people's money(taxes),for those media men critics to him they were all killed like Jun Pala, Lintuan, Palo and Galope. But latest SWS survey already put him in the 4th place. Duterte is not really anti-corruption, he rather want to free the detained corrupt officials like Revilla, Arroyo, Enrile and Binay. His dirty in the eyes of God and man. A truly spirit-filled christian can discern of his ungodly, that false pastor and self-proclaimed son of God in the person of Quiboloy cannot discern it.

T

truthprevails

Why stop condemning Duterte?? Can't we condemn his wickedness? Yes no one is perfect, but no excuse to the unrepentant sinner(like Duterte) still continue his wicked ways. David repented, but you cannot see Duterte repented of his wicked ways, and even admitted that he is politically left leaning. His style of ending criminality for him the solution is outright killing without due process, the extra-judicial killing just pattern from the evil communist doctrine as the only solution by arms and killing. Seems he want to copy the Hitler facism and Mossulini dictatorship,history proves it was a big failure! Are you telling us that Duterte only pacifying the rebels, hmmnn he did not include to mentioned in his flatform that he will the end insurgency problem. He did not considered the NPA extortion as a crime, what a hell! The extra-judicial killings in Davao is a clear human violation, who will be blame, not to blame Duterte?? just blame the police of Davao? or you want to blame PNoy or Roxas? His death squad with him for more than 20 years in serving Davao is not really effective bringing peace and order. Why? summary execution of suspected street-level drug pushers and users(small time criminal) does not do away the big time drugs syndicates as the root of drug menace. Drugs and crimes still continue in Davao, police record proves that, Davao City is the 4th highest crime volume in the country. Reason that Duterte top the surveys because most of them did not knew the dark side of Duterte and no one in Davao dares to expose him, he controlled all the media of Davao City and include them in the payroll at the expense of people's money(taxes),for those media men critics to him they were all killed like Jun Pala, Lintuan, Palo and Galope. But latest SWS survey already put him in the 4th place. Duterte is not really anti-corruption, he rather want to free the detained corrupt officials like Revilla, Arroyo, Enrile and Binay. He's dirty in the eyes of God and man. A truly spirit-filled christian can discern of his ungodly, that false pastor and self-proclaimed son of God in the person of Quiboloy cannot discern it.

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Grace Poe regains the lead as surveys says today, yet I don't rely what the survey says. You said Duterte will win whether we like it or not? Why you said that? Are you sure, he gonna win?

God bless...