Natural cures for acid

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Both my mom and I have issues with acid. She’s been trying to use medicine to help her, but they don’t seem to work or they are too strong.

Any ideas?

Feb 28, 2016
most definitely, AS,

over-doing acidic foods such as:
coffee,
sodas,
alcoholic beverages,
over meds,
over refined sugars and salt,
in general, (over junking junk foods)...
Pretty simple and common sense, but when
this world shoves them down our throats,
it's not always an easy road...

there is an HERB called 'slippery elm' that will do wonders,
if taken for about (30) days in the form of a tea...

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Acid reflux?

Hillfarm

Sep 11, 2019
Agree with slippery elm, others include but not inclusive, licorice root, DGL, probiotics, apple cider vinegar and reducing/eliminating the other things nentioned.

I realise ACV is an acid but some people have lack of acid with the same symptoms and this helps.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
If you can eat a little raw sauerkraut every day if you can handle it, it regulates acid whether it's too high or too low. I know, strange, but it's a known remedy for reflux. In fact, reflux is most often caused by too low stomach acid because it takes the right ph to close up the "lid" between your esophagus and stomach. You can make your own in a jar.
Fried and processed food, coffee, smoking, all this makes it worse. Cooked and natural foods, mild, nothing spicy. This is what doctors usually prescribe. If stress is the main cause this might not remedy it but it should at least help.

Feb 28, 2016
God has put His remedies on the 'table', all we have to do is follow His instructions,
above our OWN desires...

T

tasha66

Have you been tested for helicobacter pylori? (called 'Hpylori' in the medical world). This is the bacteria that lives in the stomach and which causes peptic ulcers. These ulcers, if left untreated long term, can cause cancer so it's important to get the blood test firstly, just to see what's going on.
It is a simple blood test which can be cured with a regimen of antibiotics. If you don't have Hpylori, long term medication can help too, like Ranitidine & Nexium.
As to natural treatments, you can start by keeping a diary and see what triggers your acidity levels - you said it was stress - some say it's certain foods, drinks like coffee, eating late at night, etc.
Cooked, cooled white rice is good for acid indigestion, because it helps soak up the acid your body is producing. Keep it in the fridge after cooking it first. Have a few tablespoons at night before retiring, as when you lie down, the acid regurgitates up from your stomach into your oesophagus. This is usually from a 'loose' oesophageal sphincter. (You don't usually get as much acid indigestion when you're walking around upright, as gravity helps keep the acidity down).
If the problem persists, you need to get an endoscopy to check out what is happening as acids can cause oesophagel cancers. The acid eats away at the tissues and destroys them, changing and damaging the cells.

Sep 29, 2019
Bicarbonate of soda is great. Half teaspoon in glass of water. If it continues go to doctor. I have a hiatus hernia which causes acid. I,m on Omeprazole, which completely sorts out the problem. Left unchecked acid reflux can have serious consequences.

Oct 18, 2019
Bicarbonate of soda is great. Half teaspoon in glass of water. If it continues go to doctor. I have a hiatus hernia which causes acid. I,m on Omeprazole, which completely sorts out the problem. Left unchecked acid reflux can have serious consequences.
I must concur with this. Baking soda is just about the most effective thing you can take. I used to suffer so severely with acid reflux that my ears would burn. Baking soda immediately diminished the discomfort and changing my diet saw to it that I never required baking soda again.

Nov 1, 2019
Cardiff, South Wales
Hey Steph👍☺️

I have suffered with this a lot. However, changing my diet did wonders.

Cut out fatty foods, coffee etc. I've changed my diet so I only eat fish now and only occasionally meat like chicken...diet is the primary reason I'd say that people suffer with acid reflux.

Slippery elm is very good to help with this, as is a half teaspoon of bicarb in water if it's really playing up. Try not to stress over it as stress plays it's part too. Have a good look at your diet and when that is done you should find it dies down quite a bit.

If these suggestions don't help, go to the doc for a test to see if you have HPV like others have said. I'm no doctor (I'm a gym instructor) but usually...diet is the most common reason for acid.

Hope this helps.