Natural health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hazelli

@jackson I wonder what black rice looks like? Is it what we call Black Glutinous Rice in SE Asia?

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thinking why this forum is for members only? Just wondering.

S

SoldierFollower

Stay with God and read that Bible. If you want to release even more stress, go outside and run as fast as you can until you can barely stand up anymore. Drink lots of water as well. it carries many many health benefits, and it's very affordable. Remember Jesus Christ is with us always

Dec 16, 2012
Stay with God and read that Bible. If you want to release even more stress, go outside and run as fast as you can until you can barely stand up anymore. Drink lots of water as well. it carries many many health benefits, and it's very affordable. Remember Jesus Christ is with us always

Brilliant!

Thehappymom

Jun 13, 2017
"Thank God for life-saving drugs but it's usually unhealthy habits, foods, toxins, and environment that result in the need for such drugs -- drugs which often have known and unknown/untold harmful effects. "

This is so true!!

StickMan

May 17, 2018
Any ideas on food to eat to imporove bone mass, strength etc.?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Any ideas on food to eat to imporove bone mass, strength etc.?
HOW MUCH CALCIUM DO WE NEED?

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]Age[/TD]
[TD]Daily Calcium Requirement
(this includes your diet
and supplements)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]19 to 50[/TD]
[TD]1000 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]50+[/TD]
[TD]1200 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]pregnant or lactating women 18+[/TD]
[TD]1000 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: display data-init-table grouped-table dataTable no-footer, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TH="class: sorting"]CALCIUM CONTENT OF SOME COMMON FOODS[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"]PORTION[/TH]
[TH="class: sorting"] CALCIUM*[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: group, bgcolor: grey"]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Food Product – 250 to 300+ mg Ca[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]Buttermilk[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250mL[/TD]
[TD]186 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD]Fortified orange juice[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250mL[/TD]
[TD] 300 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fortified almond, rice or soy beverage[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250mL[/TD]
[TD] 300 mg**[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Milk – whole, 2%, 1%, skim, chocolate[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250mL[/TD]
[TD] 300 mg***[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Milk, evaporated[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]367 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Milk – powder, dry[/TD]
[TD]1/3 cup/75 mL[/TD]
[TD]270 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Yogurt – plain, 1-2% M.F.[/TD]
[TD]3/4 cup/175 mL[/TD]
[TD]332 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Food Product – 160 to 249 mg Ca[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Almonds, dry roast[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]186 mg [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – white, canned[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]191 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Cheese – Blue, Brick, Cheddar, Edam, Gouda, Gruyere, Swiss[/TD]
[TD]1 ¼”/3 cm cube[/TD]
[TD]245 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Cheese – Mozzarella[/TD]
[TD]1 ¼”/3 cm cube[/TD]
[TD]200 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Drinkable yogurt[/TD]
[TD]4/5 cup/200 mL[/TD]
[TD]191 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Frozen yogurt, vanilla[/TD]
[TD] 1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]218 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fruit-flavoured yogurt[/TD]
[TD] 3/4 cup/175 mL[/TD]
[TD]200 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Ice cream cone, vanilla, soft serve[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]232 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Kefir (fermented milk drink) – plain[/TD]
[TD]3/4 cup/175 mL[/TD]
[TD]187 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Molasses, blackstrap[/TD]
[TD]1 Tbsp/15 mL[/TD]
[TD]180 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Salmon, with bones – canned[/TD]
[TD] 1/2 can/105 g[/TD]
[TD]240 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Sardines, with bones[/TD]
[TD]1/2 can/55 g[/TD]
[TD]200 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Soybeans, cooked[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]170 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Food Product – 125 to 159 mg Ca[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – baked, with pork, canned [/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD] 129 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – navy, soaked, drained, cooked[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]126 mg [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Collard greens – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]133 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Cottage cheese, 1 or 2%[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]150 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Figs, dried[/TD]
[TD] 10[/TD]
[TD]150 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Instant oatmeal, calcium added[/TD]
[TD]1 pouch/32 g[/TD]
[TD]150 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Soy flour[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]127 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Tofu, regular – with calcium sulfate[/TD]
[TD]3 oz/84 g[/TD]
[TD]130 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Food Product – 75 to 124 mg Ca[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – baked, plain[/TD]
[TD] 1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]86 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – great northern, soaked, drained, cooked[/TD]
[TD] 1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]120 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans – pinto, soaked, drained, cooked[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]79 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beet greens – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]82 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Bok choy, Pak-choi – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]84 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Bread, white[/TD]
[TD]2 slices[/TD]
[TD]106 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Chickpeas (garbanzo beans)[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]77 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Chili con carne, with beans – canned[/TD]
[TD]1 cup/250 mL[/TD]
[TD]84 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Cottage cheese – 2%, 1%[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]75 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Dessert tofu[/TD]
[TD] 1/2 cup/100 g[/TD]
[TD]75 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Okra – frozen, cooked[/TD]
[TD] 1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]89 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Processed cheese slices, thin[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]115 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Turnip greens – frozen, cooked[/TD]
[TD] 1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]104 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 5"]Food Product – under 75 mg Ca[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Artichoke – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1 medium[/TD]
[TD]54 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Beans, snap – fresh or frozen, cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]33 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Broccoli – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]33 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Chinese broccoli (gai lan) – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]46 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Dandelion greens – cooked[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]74 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Edamame (East Asian dish, baby soybeans in the pod)[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]52 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Fireweed leaves, raw[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]52 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Grapefruit, pink or red[/TD]
[TD]1/2[/TD]
[TD]27 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Hummus[/TD]
[TD]1/2 cup/125 mL[/TD]
[TD]50 mg[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

https://osteoporosis.ca/bone-health-osteoporosis/nutrition/calcium-requirements/

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
It's not just how much Calcium, but where you get it from and how you absorb it and it's synergy with other minerals.
I struggle mightily almost daily explaining to people to focus not on RDA's but on the bio chemical reaction re food.
I took my 11 year old daughter for a wellness (when I was younger they were called physicals) visit the other day and when the doctor got around to discussing diet with my daughter, about 75% of what she said was wrong.
I did not even bother to try and correct her, it was not going to go anywhere. As a society we are getting better, but still have a long way to go when it comes to clarifying and understanding what a good diet really is in both Canada and the USA, not to mention most of the rest of the world.

Feb 28, 2016
tourist,

are you telling people to just
take another 'drag'???

Samie28

Jun 13, 2018
For years I've been planning to add this forum, so here it is, and here's my simple intro.

Doctors are not evil, but the best doctors are those who have a thorough understanding of the human body and nutrition and environment and activity, and how God designed it all to work together. Unfortunately the medical practice and the medical schools today are funded by the pharmaceutical companies which profit from bad health, not from good health and prevention. Thank God for life-saving drugs but it's usually unhealthy habits, foods, toxins, and environment that result in the need for such drugs -- drugs which often have known and unknown/untold harmful effects.

Good eating, good sleep, and good physical activity are the foundation of good health, and you know what they say about an ounce of prevention.

Almost everyone -- including myself -- is guilty of being a poor steward of our health in one of those respects (diet, rest, or activity). Fortunately, God has designed the body with tremendous self-healing capability -- even in this fallen world in its cursed state -- if we allow it to do it's maintenance with those three things. So a lot of the results of unhealthy living can be reversed with proper health habits.

There are also some very effective natural remedies for various ailments, which you may not get from the doctor and certainly not from the drug companies -- since they can't be patented and profited from. Hence, this forum. :)

Disclaimer

TAKE ALL HEALTH ADVICE IN THIS FORUM AT YOUR OWN RISK. 'Nuf said.
I loveee herbal medicine! Don't have much idea on it though. I have a low immune system... What can I do to
buump it up to normal?? Would love some advice :) Thanks

Nickosha

Mar 28, 2016
Very nicely said. I llllllove all kinds of herbs, my hair is so thick people thick it's fake, it is not. One of the things that will bring your color back, I hope to some it does to me is Tyrosine 500 mg. If you have grey hair you will start seeing it turn back to your natural color at the roots, and fast. EVeryone is different and some medications could effect or counter effect the herbs. Herbs are very powerfull. There are labelings on prescriptions that say do not take with herbs, some do because of it causing a stronger reaction, or a weakening of the prescribed med. Although you could have 100 bottles of every herb, and the best of vitamins. The one thing that ensures and guarantees having health is the word of God. " A joyfull heart worketh as medicine, laughter, known to produce good endorphins for a healthy balance, but a broken spirit drieth the bones, where the blood cells are made. I love the word for it is like a prescription. Sleep is a blessings, and it restores us, renews our nerves. We mustn't rely only on health things, but the word is the main priority of health. :)
My hair is falling out and thinning. I don't want to see a doctor. I would rather seek nutritional help and trust God.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Try essential oils rosemary, cypress and geranium. They have to be by Young Living or Doterra.
Also try putting castor oil in your hair.
Get ALL the processed foods out of your diet.
You will see a difference.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Also, (all raw and organic) lavander, olive oil, flax seed, nettle, dandelion, and aloe vera gel help.

Word_Swordsman

Sep 16, 2014
Organic farm to food is best. A little more expensive, but less costly than modern medical science treatments.

Stock up on farmer's market certified organics (getting to know local producers), or join a club growing your specialty, use or dehydrate or can up, and most importantly eat all that preserved food!

My 6' tall and wide Rosemary bush is becoming popular. So is our very assorted herb garden with tarragon, oregano, thyme, mint, asparagus, etc. that draws attention from local police. Asparagus looks like mariguana. I've been teaching them how to benefit from all the herbs.

I'm now helping to reverse some dementia diseases like Althemizers with herbs that are definitely turning back the years. Of course, few hospice nurses will acknowledge those, but they are working to back patients up a stage and two. That's a lot less Depends and frustration.

Just getting patients back on old fashioned "comfort foods" is often enough to make a difference, though we have to watch weight gain.

I'm pushing Lion's Mane mushroom extract, which is having a dramatic effect on memory recovery. That can backfire to really bad suppressed memories, so caution is advised.

T

tasha66

Prevention & education is also key to good health. Educating people when they are younger re different health issues and re their body, has shown to be beneficial.
Prevention of diseases such as by vaccination, wearing condoms, not engaging in risky behaviours, etc is beneficial, as well as all the other remedies talked about on this thread.

Siegmeyer

Jul 7, 2021
I'm really glad to find this forum! You did a great thing!

glen55

Jul 10, 2021
For years I've been planning to add this forum, so here it is, and here's my simple intro.

Doctors are not evil, but the best doctors are those who have a thorough understanding of the human body and nutrition and environment and activity, and how God designed it all to work together. Unfortunately the medical practice and the medical schools today are funded by the pharmaceutical companies which profit from bad health, not from good health and prevention. Thank God for life-saving drugs but it's usually unhealthy habits, foods, toxins, and environment that result in the need for such drugs -- drugs which often have known and unknown/untold harmful effects.

Good eating, good sleep, and good physical activity are the foundation of good health, and you know what they say about an ounce of prevention.

Almost everyone -- including myself -- is guilty of being a poor steward of our health in one of those respects (diet, rest, or activity). Fortunately, God has designed the body with tremendous self-healing capability -- even in this fallen world in its cursed state -- if we allow it to do it's maintenance with those three things. So a lot of the results of unhealthy living can be reversed with proper health habits.

There are also some very effective natural remedies for various ailments, which you may not get from the doctor and certainly not from the drug companies -- since they can't be patented and profited from. Hence, this forum. :)

Disclaimer

TAKE ALL HEALTH ADVICE IN THIS FORUM AT YOUR OWN RISK. 'Nuf said.
A man who recently celebrated his 100th birthday was asked what he thought contributed to his longevity, and he answered, “Smoking! I have been smoking every day of my life since I was eight years old.” Another lady, dying of throat cancer at the age of 30, told reporters that she had never smoked a cigarette in her life. My mother never smoked or drank, yet she died a very painful death at the age of 62. My father drank like a fish. He broke every health code. He never read anything concerning what he should eat in order to live, he just lived. He ate what he wanted when he wanted it. He drank what he wanted when he wanted it and died at 85 from sheer exhaustion.
Having these two examples before me, I don’t believe in this nonsense relative to what I should eat and drink. I will wear out this body just as I have a suit of clothes, and when I do, men will call me dead; but I will not be dead, I will be one with the Awakened Christ, for I have experienced scripture. David, in the Spirit, called me Father, so now I know my name and will return to that awareness.