Natural remineralizing/rebuilding tooth paste recipe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MamaGratz

Jul 24, 2023
Bentonite clay (Aztec Secret is what I use)
egg shell powder or calcium carbonate
Kaolin powder
melted, but not hot, coconut oil.
I do equal parts powders, and then just enough coconut oil to mix them into a paste, sometimes adding a bit of colloidal silver before the coconut oil.
I also add a few drops of Uncle Harrys remineralization liquid in peppermint for flavor and extra benefits.

I have also used baking soda, but am trading that for eggshell powder.
if you’d like to make your own eggshell powder;
save your shells in the fridge, or freezer for longer period
boil them for 5 or so minutes, strain, lay out in single layer on baking sheet, then pop in oven at 200 for 20 to 25 minutes. when done, blend in blender or food processor until powdered. Viola.
you can can buy eggshell powder or calcium carbonate if you don’t want to do this step.

happy brushing🖤

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Kaolin powder
I do equal parts powders, and then just enough coconut oil to mix them into a paste, sometimes adding a bit of colloidal silver before the coconut oil.
I also add a few drops of Uncle Harrys remineralization liquid in peppermint for flavor and extra benefits.

boil them for 5 or so minutes, strain, lay out in single layer on baking sheet, then pop in oven at 200 for 20 to 25 minutes. when done, blend in blender or food processor until powdered. Viola.
you can can buy eggshell powder or calcium carbonate if you don’t want to do this step.

happy brushing🖤
Hi Mamagratz,

Are the egg shells abrasive like the CaC I've used occasionally?
I've used tested dietary grade sodium bentonite clay and like it.

MamaGratz

Jul 24, 2023
Hi Mamagratz,

Are the egg shells abrasive like the CaC I've used occasionally?
I've used tested dietary grade sodium bentonite clay and like it.
I don’t feel like they are, I adapted a recipe from a holistic dentist and other recipes I’ve found online. Part of the problem with most peoples brushing, as I learned from my children’s dentist, is that we are all brushing too hard. Soft bristle toothbrushes and gentle brushing is what she told us, which makes sense because even without toothpaste of any kind, our teeth should be treated gently. I have found for myself so far and from testimonies online that homemade pastes such as these actually rebuild the teeth, and have actually seen (not experienced for myself, yet) cavities healed/rebuilt just from following a holistic oral hygiene routine (homemade paste, oil pulling, tongue scraping, and sometimes remileralization supplementing and/or oral probiotics).

I do crush my own shells with a mortar and pestle, so there are tiny crunchy bits of shell sometimes in the mouth afterwards, but three out of the four family members in my house who use this paste enjoy crunching the bits after brushing😂 I can report back if I think they are negatively affecting, but after research and learning to brush gently, I don’t believe they will.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I don’t feel like they are, I adapted a recipe from a holistic dentist and other recipes I’ve found online. Part of the problem with most peoples brushing, as I learned from my children’s dentist, is that we are all brushing too hard. Soft bristle toothbrushes and gentle brushing is what she told us, which makes sense because even without toothpaste of any kind, our teeth should be treated gently. I have found for myself so far and from testimonies online that homemade pastes such as these actually rebuild the teeth, and have actually seen (not experienced for myself, yet) cavities healed/rebuilt just from following a holistic oral hygiene routine (homemade paste, oil pulling, tongue scraping, and sometimes remileralization supplementing and/or oral probiotics).

I do crush my own shells with a mortar and pestle, so there are tiny crunchy bits of shell sometimes in the mouth afterwards, but three out of the four family members in my house who use this paste enjoy crunching the bits after brushing😂 I can report back if I think they are negatively affecting, but after research and learning to brush gently, I don’t believe they will.

Guess what?
The Lord is involved here. I was getting ready for bed and multi tasking. I just brushed my teeth with water because I ran out of toothpaste earlier this morning! How's that for timing? I hadn't heard from you in a while and at the exact day you posted this to remind me to make my own instead of buying more tomorrow. You had no way of knowing that I just ran out, but the Lord did and He made sure you explained it.
Thank you for being a blessing from the Lord!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
BTW, I have always used a soft bristle brush and agree that it's a good idea. The others are too hard on gums. I have used Dr Bronners Peppermint soap and it cleans very good. I'm more interested in remineralization and asked the Lord for good quality minerals to strengthen the bones and teeth. I have a cavity in my lower back molars that I need to aggressively act upon. Other than brushing, flossing and occasionally using dental instruments, I have not been diligent all summer because they haven't bothered me. I have dental instruments and techniques for cleaning the very thin area that is dark. Less than one mm, so with God's help, it should heal and regrow the enamel.

I don't go to the dentist anymore because they use extreme measures like drilling way too much good tissue to pour in the amalgam or bonding agents. Some of the bonding agents are known to be very toxic and the amalgam is made of Mercury and lead. The little bit of silver hardens it, but I refuse Hg and lead.
Anyhow, I will try that recipe and add some essential oils as antiseptic and preservatives.
I need to harvest and dry my plantain to use year round as a drawing agent to help remove that little bit of decay while the tooth heals.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
BTW, I have always used a soft bristle brush and agree that it's a good idea. The others are too hard on gums. I have used Dr Bronners Peppermint soap and it cleans very good. I'm more interested in remineralization and asked the Lord for good quality minerals to strengthen the bones and teeth. I have a cavity in my lower back molars that I need to aggressively act upon. Other than brushing, flossing and occasionally using dental instruments, I have not been diligent all summer because they haven't bothered me. I have dental instruments and techniques for cleaning the very thin area that is dark. Less than one mm, so with God's help, it should heal and regrow the enamel.

I don't go to the dentist anymore because they use extreme measures like drilling way too much good tissue to pour in the amalgam or bonding agents. Some of the bonding agents are known to be very toxic and the amalgam is made of Mercury and lead. The little bit of silver hardens it, but I refuse Hg and lead.
Anyhow, I will try that recipe and add some essential oils as antiseptic and preservatives.
I need to harvest and dry my plantain to use year round as a drawing agent to help remove that little bit of decay while the tooth heals.
How do you remove the decay, and what do you take to remineralise teeth? Anything different to the OP?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
How do you remove the decay, and what do you take to remineralise teeth? Anything different to the OP?
There's a protocol that I need to follow from classes on natural dentistry. I don't have time to go into it now, but will summarize that a particular plant is used to draw, disinfect infection through a poultice application over time. Then I am to use specific variety of horse tail to remineralize the damaged teeth and strengthen the enamel of all. Once the decay is gone, the process of healing can occur. Enamel then regrows to seal them.

Carved Wood instruments are used to scrub the spots where decay begins. I was successful in removing two superficial cavities by the grace of God. There are two more that are stubborn. I need to buy it or find the proper horse tail. It works better than diatomaceous earth that I was using for the same purpose.

I add specific supplements to aid the bone repair too. That's an over simplification, but I have to get back to work shortly.
Take care my friend.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wish more help on brushing teeth correctly was available its assumed everyone does it but people still brush and get cavities so I dunno

Also what foods are actually good for teeth and gums?
I know what to avoid - white sugar, and acidic food, but what foods would rebuild your teeth?

Lukwiz

Oct 13, 2017
I've beaten my head over this topic. Because they recommend extra soft bristles and yet I always find most sold in the store and the freebie one from the Dentist are medium soft brushheads. On one hand you're supposed to brush 2 minutes, hit along the gumline, and not hit your gums too hard. Toothpicks are said to be risky as well, I'm like.... Dang tooting let me just use my nails.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I've beaten my head over this topic. Because they recommend extra soft bristles and yet I always find most sold in the store and the freebie one from the Dentist are medium soft brushheads. On one hand you're supposed to brush 2 minutes, hit along the gumline, and not hit your gums too hard. Toothpicks are said to be risky as well, I'm like.... Dang tooting let me just use my nails.
I know what you mean Lukwiz.
I think the dentist offices get boxes of toothbrushes for free from affiliate companies for advertising. I never could understand why a dentist, of all people, would give out such shoddy brushes.
That's why I think they have cheaply made in China junk freebies.
There are doubtless good ones as good dentists I've known, but I would not depend on them. Pay a few bucks for a quality brush. What I do is stock up on the quality ones when there's a discount. I've shopped for and test them so I can carry them in my online store, Lord willing if I eventually open. I won't provide others with anything that I wouldn't use myself. I'm my own toughest customer too.

There are good quality available without costing too much if I can absorb the cost until then.
Anyhow, you're right, because I know that stuff bristles and the abrasive pastes are harsh. Good nutrition that helps repair gums is just as important too.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
extra soft toothbrushes are very difficult to find.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Kaolin powder

happy brushing🖤
this is very interesting. also, because in a week, for the 1st time since i was a teen, i'm getting my teeth cleaned only because my wife wants me to. but she said that teeth cleaning DOES NOT whiten you teeth. to me, that's odd. do you know a trustworthy natural whitener? thanks for your answer.

Aslanfriend

Jan 28, 2018
i’ll have to try that recipe when I find the time! Wonder if it’s cheaper than the products I buy now. I’ve been buying Dr. Jen’s $30 (with tax/shipping) toothpaste and charcoal powder (also very expensive) from Primal Life - both products contain nano-hydroxyapatite which helps with remineralization I believe.

Genez

Oct 12, 2017

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
i never got my teeth cleaned because i found out your teeth don't get cleaned! the process does not remove the yellowing color as you get older. what a ripoff!!! long ago, a dentist friend of mine told me the mouth has natural plaque removing properties. so everyone, never get your teeth cleaned!!!

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
i never got my teeth cleaned because i found out your teeth don't get cleaned! the process does not remove the yellowing color as you get older. what a ripoff!!! long ago, a dentist friend of mine told me the mouth has natural plaque removing properties. so everyone, never get your teeth cleaned!!!
It varies from person to person. I've not had dental treatment since 1996. A good choice of parents, basically. I had my teeth cleaned a few years ago. My mouth felt great afterwards. Many others my age have false teeth. You can get a dye that shows you how much plaque is on your teeth after brushing. Someone I know had a serious gum infection because she did not clean her teeth often enough. She is about my age. People are different. Do what is right for you.