Naturism/nudism and the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Oh, I SEE..............never mind............someone resurrected a zombie thread..............

How in the world do you guys find these things from 4 1/2 years ago?
Usually by googling a topic and this pops up. Then a new member gets interested in that particular topic and bumps it

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
For me, long dormant now reborn on here, is because I had forgotten that I had created a profile on the site but I received an email message today that reminded me that I did. So, have come to explore it again.
Great! Welcome back............... and may God bless you and yours

J

jaybird88

subjects such as this make me sick! with that said I am also totally naked.

Dec 12, 2013
I'm a blood bought spirit filled child of the Living God. I am also a naturist now I am in predicament what is the Bible's stance on naturism?
God killed an animal, shed blood and covered Adam and Eve's shame and nakedness!

Kristian57

Feb 3, 2016
Australia
I don't think this is a good place to bare all.

View attachment 191693
I think, as I suspect you would too, that if society were not influenced by man's fall, sin, then the world would be the perfect place to 'bare all'. But, unfortunately, the world is as it is and therefore public nudism is only allowed in certain places. Especially in the US and here in Australia. Now, there are places, such as in Europe, where public nudism is becoming more allowable but we do not all live there. Therefore, I will bare all only at home or at the home of fellow naturists/nudists or in places where it is allowed.

I'm not sure that it is possible to 'bare all' here, so I'm not sure how that is an issue here. God bless.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
So, how do Christian naturists apply Romans 14?

Isaiah 20 King James Version (KJV)
20 In the year that Tartan came unto Ashdod, (when Sargon the king of Assyria sent him,) and fought against Ashdod, and took it;

2 At the same time spake the Lord by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot.

3 And the Lord said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia;

4 So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt.

5 And they shall be afraid and ashamed of Ethiopia their expectation, and of Egypt their glory.

Mark 14:51 And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked.

Mar 28, 2016
I'm a blood bought spirit filled child of the Living God. I am also a naturist now I am in predicament what is the Bible's stance on naturism?
While it is something between God and the believer knowing whatsoever is not of faith is sin. I have no judgement, possible thoughts of it over the years but to shy in that area and now to old to be comfortable... need the heat.

The Bible's stance on naturism I would offer is. Natural as in natural man or mankind created as one creature is that we are created naturally with beginning, with mother and father beginning of days and end of life. Adam and Eve as the progenitors of flesh. While the seed of Christ, the incorruptible seed of our new birth which can be called "spiritual man" has the Spirit of Christ in us but remember that treasure we have in these bodies of death is not of us. But Emanuel working in us.

There seems to be order to keep in mind in so much that the first is natural ,with beginning, and the second supernatural as spirit life that has no beginning.... without nature..... it can never die but will be raised on the last day .

1 Corinthians 15:45-47 King James Version (KJV) And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

There is a definite mystery to the effect of the fall when God corrupted the first creation when decay first was introduced when mankind disobeyed the commandment by doing the will of another .The father of lies.

Genesis 6:12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

My opinion is that before they transgressed the commandment of the lord and refused to walk by faith, the unseen their could of been a difference than that which we see .

There is I believe a possibility their bodies took on the reflective glow of being in the presence of God . Like perhaps Moses when he was on Mount Sinai used as a metaphor to signify the Kingdom of God not of this world. and Moses wore a veil so that they would not be reminded of their shame of that which is abolished.

The veil in the temple was used as a shadow that way to represent the coming of the Son of man' Jesus. which veil as a shadow is done away in Christ.

2 Corinthians 3:12-14 King James Version (KJV)Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

because Adam and Eve did walk by faith it would seem their private parts were not distinguishable When the glory of the lord departed they tried to cover their shame by covering their nakedness.

In Christ we are clothed in his righteousness as representation of His unseen glory .In that way I would offer what I would call a parable found in Revelation 12 that speaks of the new chaste virgin bride of Christ which I think could represent the church clothed with the righteous of Christ, her husband.

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV) And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars

Jul 20, 2019
So you go outside in public like that?

Sorry.... Thats not biblical you are in serious error.

Adam and Eve were given a garment by God after the fall. And the Bible exhorts women and men both to MODEST APPAREL. not to NO APPAREL
unfortunately this is worldly thinking. I love being naked and am as much as possible. I praise and worship my might God the father, with whom I was created in his image. Why would I create something that had to be hidden? It was the fall that caused me to cover them, not the fact they were naked.

Mar 28, 2016
unfortunately this is worldly thinking. I love being naked and am as much as possible. I praise and worship my might God the father, with whom I was created in his image. Why would I create something that had to be hidden? It was the fall that caused me to cover them, not the fact they were naked.
Their nakedness with God came by violating the law of God . Suddenly in the twinkling of the eye a change occurred indicating death had occurred. The penalty was not.... get dressed...now that you blew your freedom to expose yourself..

The glory departed, the result. . . corrupted flesh and blood .Most likely like Moses when in the presence of God they were clothed with light. They took on a glow as children of light . The whole creation was subject to death. . the glory departed

Corrupted flesh and blood will not be part of the new order. The glory of God will be the clothing as the righteousness of faith .The Sun and mon the two corruption time keepers will never have a need again. . its the end of time.. the beginning of eternal glory