Need advice on how to deal with a neighbour…

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gracie_14

If they towed his car but didn’t arrest the man himself, it was probably due to
it being untaxed or being un roadworthy.

If he is dealing drugs, the Uk police will be aware of it, they just tend to bide their
time as they want to catch all the fish not just the bait.

Social services will also be aware the family are having problems. You don’t mention mum but
I assume mum lives there too.

In the UK there are all sorts of services to help keep families together, they would only
arrest someone and keep them in prison without probation, for serious offences.
Most people selling drugs are small fry and do it to fund their own habit. They often
work with them to try to resolve matters and help them, get them onto medical
replacement substitute etc. To wean them off. But they will also only be pushed
so far and will take action if smaller offences turn to bigger offences.

Its very unlikely (although not impossible) that there will be a shoot out in the UK
over drugs.

Many people on drugs have massive problems to overcome, drugs are their escapism
from life.

I know a few people who work in prisons with drug addicts and with the probation
services. You don’t get an immediate prison sentence for drug offences in the UK, it
depends on the scale of the offences and circumstances.

If he doesnt sort himself out then he will eventually end up in prison
and/or his children will be taken into care if he gets worse and won’t leave the family
home. Again the latter would be a last resort, usually mums end up moving out and
taking the kids or they kick dad out.
the mum is present. in fact, the dad isnt even maried to her. they're just co-habiting. its clear the mum would never leave the dad because she loves him very much. in fact the night when the car was taken away… the guy begged the police to just arrest him. when he said that, the lady screamed "no!" so its kinda clear she will never let him g. i think she's the one who keeps the guy calm

kvolm2016

Feb 16, 2017
thank you so much kvolm. as a matter of fact, my siblings and i used to be friends with the girls. we used to play together nearly every weekend. there's a community garden that we shared and it was really nice getting along with them when i was a kid. but that was a few years ago… it looked like the father didnt want us to play with the girls anymore so slowly we departed from them. Anyyway, they were quite younger than us. the oldest at the moment is about 12 yrs old but acts like she's 16. the girls are severely spoilt and its hard to say hello to them at all. a few months ago, they used to knock on their windows and say hi whenever they see me or my siblings outside in our garden. not anymore. i dont know what happened! we used to be be close but thats not the same. i havent talk to them at all in ages! maybe i shoukd. between the oldest and the youngest there is a pair of twins who seem shy whenever i pass by them. they have a look in their eyes as if they are desperate to say hi. i dont know how i could reach to them.

i dont think they know their father sells drugs. but if they do, the parents have probably told them they are doing it for the good. usually the police used to come to their house like all the time. and the parents would just lie to them that the police were questioning them for suspicion that someone else in the neighbourhood was selling drugs… its sooo complicated. what do you think?
Just based on what you have shared, I think these girls would be blessed by your friendly interaction with them. Even if they truly don't know of their dad's drug dealings, their home life has been a bit chaotic lately because of the police activity. That can certainly be frightening and confusing for them. Again, God reminds us to be wise and discerning in our relationships so I would not suggest that you interact with them by going to their home, but when you do see them outside or when you do have the chance, initiate conversation with them. Since you have noticed that they may be shy or reserved, take the first step of kindness toward them. And definitely keep praying for them. With the circumstances of their home life and the ages that they are, they may have some very difficult times ahead of them. But God knows and He can lead you in how to pray for and minister to them according to His plan!

M

Miri

the mum is present. in fact, the dad isnt even maried to her. they're just co-habiting. its clear the mum would never leave the dad because she loves him very much. in fact the night when the car was taken away… the guy begged the police to just arrest him. when he said that, the lady screamed "no!" so its kinda clear she will never let him g. i think she's the one who keeps the guy calm

Thats really sad. :( At least the parents can exercise choice, the children have to choice in
their upbringing.

M

Miri

Dont be a tattle tale dont fo anything
I don’t think it’s being a tittle tattle to be concerned about illegal activities
going on next door.