Need advocates before God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I've been exploring a life-long issue in some other threads. In a nutshell, every. single. time. I try to do what God tells us to do, and be what God tells us to be, God puts up a wall and stops it. Get a windfall financially and try to donate to charity? They won't take it (6 out of 9 at this point). Want to use the skills and resources God gave me to help people who are flooding and freezing out of their homes? God has me sitting on my hands 2,000 miles away. Try to speak a word of comfort or healing to someone who's not well? People literally appear out of thin air to interrupt the conversation.

Because God has my hands and lips idled, satan ran roughshod over me last year. In my 57 years of being saved, I have never, ever, been this estranged from God.

It's got to change.

The consensus from the other threads exploring this issue is that it's "not my time", that I'm being held in reserve for a greater purpose down the road. But I just don't buy it. Every reference to 'it's not time' in scripture is pre-release of the Holy Spirit and the command to go forth and do what Jesus did. Not once in any of those commands did I ever see the words "some exceptions apply". And nobody can show them to me.

So this came to me the other day, made me look up something new... (from https://www.rhema.org/index.php?opt...d=244:authority-in-prayer&catid=47&Itemid=147 )

In Genesis chapter 18, we read that God intended to destroy the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah because of their great sin. But Abraham—who understood his covenant rights in prayer—intervened on behalf of the two cities, and made a deal with God!

GENESIS 18:22–25
22 And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the Lord.
23 And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
25 That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Abraham realized he had covenant standing with God; the two of them had a covenant with each other. That covenant provided both parties with certain rights. And Abraham knew he had covenant rights in prayer. Abraham knew he had rights and privileges that gave him legal standing with God. So we hear him speak plainly, “Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right” (v. 25).

Which is backed up in Isaiah:

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
26 Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.

and

Isaiah 62:6 “Put the Lord in remembrance of His promises, keep not silence”

Every command God gave us, was a promise that would would be able to do that. Everything God told us to be, was a promise that we would be able to be that.

I need people to help me remind God that every time He keeps me from giving to those in need, every time He keeps me from sheltering the refugees, every time He silences my words of encouragement, HE is breaking His promise to me that I would be able to do and be what HE says I am to do and be. He is cheating me of the chance to entertain angels unawares, and to have a reward in heaven.

Isaiah 62:6 “Put the Lord in remembrance of His promises, keep not silence”

I hope he hears a chorus calling on Him to set me free.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
RickyZ,
Did God prevent you from taking your windfall that charities didn't want and buying a plane ticket to go 2000 miles away to help people?

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
RickyZ, Some encouragement for you in the Lord! First & foremost, I don't want to get into a theological dispute about what God should or shouldn't be doing in ones life, Or tell God what He is doing wrong in one's life. To put my words in perspective for you, In Psalms 139, the scripture tell us that God is intimately acquainted with all of our ways, as He know the path before us at all times. One truth remains forever true in life, is that Your Heavenly Father does have a divine purpose for your life! He created you for a reason, and that is to bring Glory to Him, which is what we are all called to do. I know it must be very discouraging for you with regards to what you felt called to do from the Lord, and things didn't work out. Just be encouraged that God is Faithful!, and even in our biggest disappointment in life, when our hopes & plans for something falls completely apart before our eyes or doors are slammed shut, that we thought "open doors" from the Lord, Stand Firm in Your Faith! because God will use these trials as tools to bring the necessary spiritual growth into ones life. The enemy loves to distort our perception of our Lord, and He will create stronghold over our minds & convince us that God is not faithful & will use any tactic he can to harden ones heart. Sometimes we don't understand scriptures, and have questions, and that's ok, but please don't allow your Heart to become hardened toward your Heavenly Father. Our God created the Universe & Us, Trust that He knows how to unfold His plan for your life. Don't look back anymore on what didn't work out, but let today be a brand new beginning between you & Your Lord. He is Trust Worthy!!!

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Hope this song ministers to your spirit...Jeremy Camp "He knows"

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015

Psalm 139
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
3 You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
4 Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
5 You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
7 Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
8 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
9 If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
12 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you.
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
19 Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!
20 They speak against you with malicious intent;
your enemies take your name in vain.[b]
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
22 I hate them with complete hatred;
I count them my enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Try me and know my thoughts![c]
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting![d]

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Hi Ricky,

It may be that you're seeing things that aren't really happening.

You say that 6 out of 9 charities wouldn't take your money. I've never had that problem by the way. :)

So okay then that means 3 of the charities would take your money. How is that God preventing you from giving? If you need suggestions give to Voice of the Martyrs or Open Doors, your local church or maybe a local gospel rescue mission type organization. They always receive help with gratefulness in their hearts. :)

It sounds like you're saying that instead of giving, you took a plane trip to go and help others 2000 miles away instead. But when you got their you sat on your hands. Is that right? Did you make contact with anyone before you left to where you were going to see if they wanted your help or needed your skills?

With what you've shared, I don't see that God has your lips and hands idle. Those that you want to comfort that are sick, call them on the phone. Someone walking up and joining (butting) into the conversation is is such a common experience. It happens all the time in church.

I think there's a solution that may help. God promises to lead and guide us through the Holy Spirit. So praying in agreement with what the Lord says is a great way to pray. I love praying the scriptures.

Sometimes our plan or the path we attempt to take can be stopped by the Holy Spirit's intervention and also by Satan's.

The Holy Spirit prevents some things.
Acts 6:6-13
"They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia; and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them; and passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas. A vision appeared to Paul in the night: a man of Macedonia was standing and appealing to him, and saying, “Come over to Macedonia and help us.” When he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go into Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them.
So putting out to sea from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and on the day following to Neapolis; and from there to Philippi, which is a leading city of the district of Macedonia, a Roman colony; and we were staying in this city for some days. And on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to a riverside, where we were supposing that there would be a place of prayer; and we sat down and began speaking to the women who had assembled."

1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
"But we, brethren, having been taken away from you for a short while—in person, not in spirit—were all the more eager with great desire to see your face. For we wanted to come to you—I, Paul, more than once—and yet Satan hindered us. For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? For you are our glory and joy."

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we come together, and pray for RickyZ, and this prayer, please bless and you be glorified. Bless RickyZ, to be victorious, everytime, In Jesus Holy name, Amen!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
RickyZ,
Did God prevent you from taking your windfall that charities didn't want and buying a plane ticket to go 2000 miles away to help people?
Yes, He actually did.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The issues behind the complaint have been discussed thoroughly in other threads, and the consensus there was 'it's not my time'. Which I don't buy (and I'm surprised to find so many do). Thank you tho for your responses, every thing is being considered at this point.

But the consensus is, God is the problem.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
God is NEVER the problem.

Did you tell these charities that the money was a "windfall"? Just choose a charity, write a check and send it to them..

As for speaking words of encouragement to the unwell, you're able to do that on here. :) I'm unwell much of the time and would LOVE an encouraging PM from you from time to time..

Feb 28, 2016
I'm quite sure that many, many times Jesus was kept
very busy and was very content with using the gift
of prayer alone...

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Yes, He actually did.
Brother, would you tell me how God stopped you from getting a plane ticket and going somewhere to help the needy, or direct me to a thread, or preferably a specific post, where you thoroughly discuss how this happened?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Next time you see a poorly dressed guy on the side of the road holding a sign "Will Work For Food" you can drop some coin in his jar.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
I don't think this prayer request or asking about the reasoning of is funny.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
God is NEVER the problem.

Did you tell these charities that the money was a "windfall"? Just choose a charity, write a check and send it to them..

As for speaking words of encouragement to the unwell, you're able to do that on here. :) I'm unwell much of the time and would LOVE an encouraging PM from you from time to time..
C'mon Blue, how long have we known each other? You know God has trained me well enough to know that when you give, you have to give responsibly. These were to a local Bible camp, several small animal rescue groups I am familiar with, a local FFA and a minor minor league home town baseball team. Now, I may have mail waiting for me in MN from one or two of them, so I caveat that with the further caveat that they had at least two weeks to say something before I left MN. Of the ones I've followed up on, it was yeah, yawn, we got it. I included with the donations that it was in memory of my parents (by name), which again I allow that few of them will know who they are - but they all know who I am.

And guilty as charged on the other count, you are absolutely right. I'm not on here much, but I'm usually busy trying to convince dummies who will never be convinced that they are wrong ;) Thank you for showing this dummy I'm wrong on that :)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Brother, would you tell me how God stopped you from getting a plane ticket and going somewhere to help the needy, or direct me to a thread, or preferably a specific post, where you thoroughly discuss how this happened?
Ok, if you promise to slow down and read to take input instead of to respond. Not saying that you can't respond, just asking that that not be your primary filter.

And I'll try to be brief, but we'll see what happens lol

I grew concerned many years ago over the fact that 2 + 2 never quite equaled 4 in my wife's world. So I had her cognitively tested. 3 days of exams later, she tested out only a couple points above the down syndrome level. While she does not have the look or speak impediment that is common, if you listen to how she remembers things, and interacts with things like the tv or radio, you can see it in her. For that reason I cannot just take off and leave her alone for significant periods of time. We do have property in another state and I do go out there, But 2 weeks is the most I'm comfortable with leaving her alone.

Where we are, CA, my wife and I are incredibly stressed out. Have been for far too long. It's just not our environment, it used to be, but things change over 60 years and we're just flat run out of ways to deal with it. My wife knows we have to get out, for good, and has been supportive - to a point - to move in that direction. Pause, More on that in the next paragraph.

Her mother had a stroke 10 years ago. Wasn't supposed to last the night, much less the week, but here we are. Now that's not all bad, she and her mom are from farmville MN (our primary is CA), and her mom always wanted to move back there after her her husband died. But the kids in CA wouldn't let her. We actually love it out there, so we bought a house (quite a little fortress it's turning out to be) and were able to actually get mom out there a few times, including on what would be her last trip a Thanksgiving dinner with all her sisters and brother and family.

Ok, so, nothing wrong with that. Doing what God said to do. I do want to say again, I'm not claiming it never happens. My argument is with the percentages.

Shortly after that, mom became ill and from that point on has been 90% comatose. That has been 3 years and counting.

My wife will not leave her side. And because of her disability, I can't just force her to leave. I get her away once maybe twice a year, and she loves being out there, but still she's calling her mom or texting the caregiver or sending pictures constantly. And I know if her mom were to pass when she's not there, she would never forgive herself... or me. Especially if I've forced her to leave. I go on my own from time to time, but again, even two weeks makes me nervous. Heck I'm nervous all the time, and ready to leave.

OK so, in the meantime the fortress sits empty. That wasn't so bad when her mom was still viable and I could take the wife with. But now, the majority of the time, it sits empty. And we can't live there.

Last fall, she went with me. The area had been experiencing rain but so far so good. But getting close. Thought about staying, but the wif had appointments so we had to go. We weren't but hours wheels up when the biggest deluge of all hit them - what they called a 50 to 150 year flood, depending on where and who reported it. Believe me I thought about turning right around and going back. But I couldn't leave my wife behind so suddenly like that. I got her back into her routine and called back 2 days later, but my cousin said things were receding and they were supposed to have dry days for the foreseeable future. But a lot of people were displaced. And our fortress, which God gave us, sat high and dry... and empty. We offered it to neighbors and family, but again the offer just kinda vaporized into thin air. As in it was spoken, but never actually received. I supposed they didn't want to go in without us there, but c'mon. And I was a firefighter/emt for 35 years... I could have slung sandbags or supervised their distribution and placement. But there I was, stuck in the wrong place at the wrong time. Again.

Again and again and again and again and again and again.. need I go on? How many more characters do I have left ;)?

And , while this is a specific piece to be considered, again it's the percentages. For every time God lets me do, like getting mom back home with her family, there's a thousand plus times He installs a roadblock, like mom, like refusing to call a faithful servant home and thereby preventing who knows how many other things from happening downstream. And gifts and blessings and skills HE bestowed siting idle while others suffered.

Again and again and again and again and again and again.. need I go on? No, seriously, how many more characters do I have left ;)?

It's not any one thing happening, it's the percentages. And I refuse to accept the percentages.

Honestly, I know what I want on my headstone - "Stymied, Stonewalled, Irrelevant". Anything else would be patently untrue.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
C'mon Blue, how long have we known each other? You know God has trained me well enough to know that when you give, you have to give responsibly. These were to a local Bible camp, several small animal rescue groups I am familiar with, a local FFA and a minor minor league home town baseball team. Now, I may have mail waiting for me in MN from one or two of them, so I caveat that with the further caveat that they had at least two weeks to say something before I left MN. Of the ones I've followed up on, it was yeah, yawn, we got it. I included with the donations that it was in memory of my parents (by name), which again I allow that few of them will know who they are - but they all know who I am.

And guilty as charged on the other count, you are absolutely right. I'm not on here much, but I'm usually busy trying to convince dummies who will never be convinced that they are wrong ;) Thank you for showing this dummy I'm wrong on that :)

Well, you're NOT a dummy.. and you're welcome.. :)

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
RickyZ said,
Ok, if you promise to slow down and read to take input instead of to respond. Not saying that you can't respond, just asking that that not be your primary filter.
Thanks brother for explaining. I've read your whole post and I've felt the way you feel.

Without going into great detail, I was sitting in my house one day and the word I got from the Lord about my own walk was, "Who do you think you are to tell ME how I should be using you?" (I put this in quotes because this is the exact thought I had, but it wasn't my thought. I wasn't even thinking that way.

So I thought, I only want to do a great work for God And the response was, "There is no greater work than to love those I have given you. You despise the day of small things."

(Brother, these are thoughts that came into my head, but they weren't my thoughts.) Now, I knew I read "the day of small things" in the Bible somewhere, so I looked it up. Its in Zech.4 and when I read it, the came again and said,

"You have no idea what an honor it is for ME to use you to add one pebble to MY TEMPLE."

Many other things, but long story short, I should be grateful every second for this ride God has me on and this ride is going to end someday.

Like you bro, I don't believe "it's not our time." Its always our time.

(Ps: When I joined this sight, I fibbed about my year of birth. Please forgive. Were pretty close in age. Love ya bro.)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
So, I had to go and couldn't add this last night, but ok. Blue calls me out for not having ever spread encouraging words towards her in her struggles and she was absolutely right. So after writing that diatribe I looked for something to send to her. Found this beautiful picture of an iridescent blue butterfly perched upon dirty white rocks, so the contrast in colors was stunning. As I was looking at it the words "even tho the path may be rocky, your beauty still shines bright" come to me. I kinda thought that message was appropriate for both of us. Awesome I think.

So, here we have someone needing support, I say ok I'll step up and do that, and...

This website absolutely REFUSED to upload the picture. I fooled with that till I was red in the face and nope, the powers of the universe just kept telling me to go screw myself.

I find that to be incredibly poignant. And typical.

Lord, You promised that we would go forth in Your Name and do what You told us to do.

Please, remember this promise, and set me free to fulfill it!!!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
So, I had to go and couldn't add this last night, but ok. Blue calls me out for not having ever spread encouraging words towards her in her struggles and she was absolutely right. So after writing that diatribe I looked for something to send to her. Found this beautiful picture of an iridescent blue butterfly perched upon dirty white rocks, so the contrast in colors was stunning. As I was looking at it the words "even tho the path may be rocky, your beauty still shines bright" come to me. I kinda thought that message was appropriate for both of us. Awesome I think.

So, here we have someone needing support, I say ok I'll step up and do that, and...

This website absolutely REFUSED to upload the picture. I fooled with that till I was red in the face and nope, the powers of the universe just kept telling me to go screw myself.

I find that to be incredibly poignant. And typical.

Lord, You promised that we would go forth in Your Name and do what You told us to do.

Please, remember this promise, and set me free to fulfill it!!!

I did NOT "call you out". Nor did I say that you have never spread any encouraging words towards anyone here. What I DID say was, that I would enjoy an PM from you from time to time. :) I've seen you encourage many here, including myself, with your posts.

Since you can't upload your butterfly pic for me, here is one for you from my faith book.. :)

Hope Whispers 1.jpg