Need help transcoding a video

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Hey guys.

So here's the files:

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

It's around 8.5 megs and it's a visual audiobook.

I ripped it with DVDShrink with no compression and I did this correctly.

Handbrake can't find a "Title" for it.

DVDFab and Freemake both locked up on me.

All other attempts with different video apps were junk.

At best they would play every image in a few seconds while the audio continued.

I have struggled to find an answer and I'm hoping someone can problem solve this for me.

You don't have to upload the results, just tell me what you did to transcode the file correctly that's good enough to post on YouTube.

I have another 10 videos like that one so I'm only looking for a response which will let me transcode the others as well.

VLC plays it perfectly but it doesn't allow me to record it properly for some reason.

I've tried most everything so I'm hoping someone here knows more than myself on this.

Cheers.

Y

Yehoyada

Hey guys.

So here's the files:

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

It's around 8.5 megs and it's a visual audiobook.

I ripped it with DVDShrink with no compression and I did this correctly.

Handbrake can't find a "Title" for it.

DVDFab and Freemake both locked up on me.

All other attempts with different video apps were junk.

At best they would play every image in a few seconds while the audio continued.

I have struggled to find an answer and I'm hoping someone can problem solve this for me.

You don't have to upload the results, just tell me what you did to transcode the file correctly that's good enough to post on YouTube.

I have another 10 videos like that one so I'm only looking for a response which will let me transcode the others as well.

VLC plays it perfectly but it doesn't allow me to record it properly for some reason.

I've tried most everything so I'm hoping someone here knows more than myself on this.

Cheers.
Hello my friend,

From what you posted, my first guess would be that there is a codec problem on your computer. VLC uses its own sets of codecs, and that is probably why you are able to play your content with it.

You can also use VLC to convert your video, using its internal codecs. I downloaded your zip file and was able to convert it using VLC 2.2.1.

Here are the steps that I used:

Open VLC Player
From the MEDIA menu, select CONVERT/SAVE
Click the ADD button
Browse to VTS_01_1.VOB (the MPEG2 video file that you ripped)
Select VTS_01_1.VOB
Click OPEN
Click the CONVERT/SAVE button
Select your preferred video options
Enter your destination folder and destination video file name
Click START

VLC will create the new video.
With larger rips, you may have multiple VOB files, and there will be more steps required.

I hope that this helps and please honor any copyrights.

-Yehoyada

Feb 5, 2017