Needing pointed in the right direction.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hi JIC man. I'm a lifelong farmer. I get the struggles and challenges and the dark and inappropriate humor. So *fistbump* on all that.

But as our farm's general manager, I can tell you with certainty that what you need isn't a mindless robot that obeys all your commands without question and as an added bonus looks good in a dress.

What you need is a sensible woman who can think for herself, doesn't need to be told when to breathe, is somehow amused by your ridiculous and one-sided way of looking at life, and won't back down from telling you to QUIT BUYIN' THOSE BRIGHT SHINY PIECES OF MACHINERY, THEY ARE A MONEY PIT AND IF YOU DON'T STOP YOU WILL BE IN DEBT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.

I wish you well. (with the farming I mean....not with trapping the lady that you need but are clearly not mature enough to handle ;).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My thoughts exactly when I saw this post 😂
PopClick!!! So nice to see you. Wow. It's been about 2.5 years since the last time...

I do hope you and yours are well
.:D

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
PopClick!!! So nice to see you. Wow. It's been about 2.5 years since the last time...

I do hope you and yours are well .:D
Hey there Magenta, it has been a while! I'm all right, I hope you are too!

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
Maybe he can't answer because so many perfect Christian ladies lined up to be his slave, I mean wife , that he had to line them up and check their credentials, dental records, resumes, see how much they can lift, how fast they can run and have their fertility levels tested....all that good stuff.

I wanna see wedding pics when you hire your help.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Also, I wanna know if he’s gonna hire a nanny for childcare or if the wife is gonna use a carrier all hours of the work day? Cuz…. I’m nosey.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
So I was drilling wheat (a very boring ordeal), and had the idea to go the old fashioned (1800's) route of posting some sort of "wanted" ad for a wife. I tried a bunch of the "christian" dating apps today, and wow. They're garbage. Any idea of a good place to post this online where it'll be seen? I thought about doing mailers out to a bunch of churches across a 500 mile radius. Of the 114 churches I've been to in my area, there's no way there would be anyone like this in my area. I'm not super tech savvy (hence why I'm still using forums for help.) Also, if anyone has input on the text of the ad.
-----------
While walking across the section from my tractor back to the truck in order to get more seed last week, I realized "frickin frack! I need a hired hand." then remembered I'm too cheap, "BUT A WIIIIFE! I could do that."

SO, currently taking applications for a small farm wife. I'm not going to lie, the qualifications are pretty strict and are as follows....

Born again, hardcore believer.
No older than 27.
Virgin (sexual abuse excluded).
No college degrees.
Willing to live "poor", but still have plenty.
Ready to get dirty, work hard, and go to bed tired.
Wants kids.
Dies to self, and is completely obedient.
Dresses are a must. Women who wear pants are just dudes to me. It's an internal thing.
Humble.
Did NOT get the jab!
No social media.
Tolerant of my fairly dark, and often times inappropriate humor.

I want a completely obedient wife. Not for some power trip, but because again, I do nothing for my own personal gain. If I tell you to run 3 circles around the shed, there's a legit reason for it. And a reason thats going to benefit you and the family. I can't be everything I'm supposed to be for the family if I'm baby sitting a grown adult who's not listening.

Lastly, I don't buy into the whole "fall in love, get married, and happily ever after" crap. Having traveled around the world to different cultures, I've realized they have it right. "Compatibility, marriage, kids, learn to love each other, and live in peace". I live an old school simple life, I don't plan on changing that either.

IAny ideas are appreciated. I know this will probably be controversial for some (it shouldn't be, but its 2023). Don't start stuff over it. Seriously just looking for advice. Thanks guys!
This is kind of a funny coincidence, but I'm actually working on a farm right now.

This farm has an extremely hard-working group of young men and women keeping things running. We all our own ways and work independently during the day, but gather around the supper table for a relaxing chat at the end of the day.

I'm happy to say that for this evening's supper-side chat, I am going to read them your post. :)

I already know what their reactions are going to be, both from the guys and from the gals, but I'm still enjoying the anticipation. :D

It's going to be especially interesting because they are professional farmers themselves from childhood, so I'm pretty sure they're going to get a kick out of someone advertising for a woman who jumps at the chance to be a free farmhand who obeys every command without question. :cool:

ohh, would love to be a fly on the wall for this one.
I hope you do come back and share some of their replies/reactions.

Well, I am happy to report that this particular thread was indeed the evening topic of conversation amongst the farming family I am working for.

Some highlights of the evening include:

* The. Look. on one female family member's face after the original post was read. Let just say, there aren't enough words in the English language to describe it and, yeah, if I had to take a WILD guess, I'd say she didn't exactly agree. :ROFL:

* Another female family member brought up a great point: "Does the OP want a strong, thinking woman who can handle working on a farm, or a mindless robot he can program to his liking? Because he's not going to get both."

Us regulars here in Singles know we've had a lot of guys here over the years saying they want a good, obedient woman. The thing I've observed though, is that in many cases, the meeker, obedient types usually don't hold up to pressure all that well (it's part of why they quietly obey without question -- because any conflict is too much stress,) nor can they discern when they should or should not stand up to someone.

The OP said he didn't want to waste his time babysitting a grown adult woman who should just blindly listen... But what I don't think he realizes is that it's still going to be a full-time job trying to program her into when she is and isn't supposed to be an obedient puppy. For instance, I'm seeing the gals here do thing like talk to HVAC techs and working with (actual) hired help, which requires a range of skills far beyond "doing what you're told." For example, understanding how the HVAC system works, then asking the techs how to make adjustments and why this or that was done/wired a certain way; confronting workers about things they need to correct and/or when they need to step up production; talking to clients/business associates politely but firmly to make sales but also make sure they're not getting ripped off.

People who just obey are often lost when they don't have a command, so they're going to need constant supervision anyway.

This is what intrigues me about those who want someone completely obedient to them -- they're either going to have to lock the person away from the world so that they are the only ones the person ever has to interact with (and we've had a few here who said they pretty much intended to do just that,) or else they are going to have to "train" the person to try to be able to tell when and how it is or isn't ok to stand up to other people. As I said earlier, this alone sounds like a full-time job in and of itself -- so I'd rather have a grown adult who can think, interact, respond, and yes, even confront out of their own experience, but that's just me.

* As one male member of the family so eloquently put it, "I'm only as smart as one person (myself.) I'd rather learn about everything she knows and has to contribute because then I could be as smart as two people."

He also said that if he ever expected his wife to run around the shed 3 times without question, he would hope it was only because he had built up a long history of showing her that he loved her, cared about her feelings as an independent person, and therefore she would trust him because he had proven himself to her over time.

As far as having kids, this post jiggled up an old family story of my own -- my grandparents were lifelong farmers, and when their only child (my mom) was a toddler, they fashioned a harness for her and attached her to a clothesline so that they she could only run as far as the line.

People gasp when they hear that story, as they always say that's what you do to a dog, but my Grandma always answered, "Would you have rather have me just let her run around loose and get hit by a car?" They were simple people who lived out in the middle of nowhere -- childcare wasn't even a consideration -- and everyone knows work on a farm never ends. The only break my grandparents took was to go to church on Sundays, and after my Grandma died and my Grandpa was reflecting on their life together (he talked about how they walked side by side through the fields, measuring out the rows for planting with a length of chain,) he said Grandma was so overwhelmed by both motherhood and running the farm that he actually prayed they wouldn't have any more kids (and they didn't.)

My Grandma was tough as nails. I can remember being a kid, seeing her up on a cherry shaker, grabbing hold of a section of a cherry tree, and shaking the bazookas out of that tree. She was a woman who got things done, and I wish I would have drawn more from her wisdom when I had the chance.

* Getting back to the OP, another question brought up this morning is that the OP is demanding a virgin, which is fine, but... OP, are you yourself a virgin as well? It's an important question because we've had a lot of people here in Singles over the years (I'm certainly not trying to say it's all guys but all the incidences I can remember have been guys) who insist on a virgin wife -- but are not actually virgins themselves. And of course it's fine if a couple has peace over each other's status, but just for myself, I'm just none too fond of that particular hypocrisy (demanding traits in someone else that the person doesn't qualify for themselves.)

* And finally, the best thing to come out of our discussion. Ladies and gentlemen, the OP will be happy to know that after much discussion, our group was able to conclude that it does indeed have someone among us who not only has lifelong farming experience and doesn't mind getting dirty, but also meets at least 95% of the qualifications on the Original Poster's list!!!

The only thing is that this particular person is male.

But hey. He's super easy-going, can get along with anyone, is open-minded, and apparently not even opposed to being told he has to wear a dress, as he promised he would try to look his prettiest while wearing one. :D You're in luck because he's built like a supermodel (exceptionally good-looking, tall, and thin,) so we hope the OP won't mind shelling out the extra money for the extra fabric needed to make dresses that will be long enough to properly (and modestly!) flatter his statuesque frame. (We also talked about how feasible it would be to perform all the necessary daily farm tasks in a dress, but hey, I guess the Amish already have it down to a science.)

At any rate...

Our best wishes to the OP and I hope he'll keep us posted on how his search is going. :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
THIS JUST IN:

I have to admit that I am just about salivating with laughter because...

The male family member I quoted earlier was prepping for another long day on the farm, and as he waited for his water jug to fill, he casually said, "I think that's going to be my new motivational phrase: 'I Want To Be the Kind of Man a Woman Would Run Around The Shed for 3 Time and Not Even Question It.'"

Oh my goodness.

I just can't. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Yeah, I'm going to chuckling over that one all day -- and beyond.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Sooooooo many questions...

How many bazookas were in that tree? How did they get in that tree? How many of them fell out when she shook it?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Sooooooo many questions...

How many bazookas were in that tree? How did they get in that tree? How many of them fell out when she shook it?
Let's just say, that poor tree was no match for my Grandma. 😁❤️

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
THIS JUST IN:

The male family member I quoted earlier was prepping for another long day on the farm, and as he waited for his water jug to fill, he casually said, "I think that's going to be my new motivational phrase: 'I Want To Be the Kind of Man a Woman Would Run Around The Shed for 3 Time and Not Even Question It.'"

Oh my goodness.

THIS JUST IN:

Oh my goodness.

Ask him if he would accept swiftly walking around the shed 3 times ? ;)

See a good Christian woman would know that its a trick ... if she agrees to run, then she has no problem with the immodest ,ahem, jiggling of her feminine bits.... therefore the only correct answer can be...to walk swiftly around the shed.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I’m grateful my husband doesn’t ask me to run… cuz my 40 year old self can’t handle it. 😂😂😂😂

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Hi JIC man, me again....This might be a lost cause, but ya said you're looking for advice and I'm respecting you by taking you at your word. I know you're still logging in because I creeped your profile. But I don't meet your qualifications so no worries that you'll look out your window one day and see me running laps around your shed trying to impress you or anything ;).

Anyways, your post irked me but you're an intriguing little cuss. Thanks for your military service. I think you were just goofing about wanting a wife because you're too cheap for a hired hand....I think you actually do want the tenderness of female companionship but are too "manly" to come right out and say it :rolleyes:. First advice: women who care about you will appreciate it when you show a little vulnerability.

Second advice: It sounds like you're spreading yourself too thin with your current operations. Startup costs with farming can be insane, I don't know if you're working with rented land, family land, or paying off your own property, but regardless it sounds like you need to focus more on what you really enjoy and are good at and grow that part of the business while you have that decent-paying job in town.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having a financial cushion, it doesn't mean you're overvaluing money. On a farm it's darn near essential; equipment breaks, crops fail, drought comes......you get a really bad tick bite and the fever makes you run around deliriously in your underpants until the antibiotics kick in (happened to a very good friend of mine, he's ok now and back to farming thank goodness :D). Anyway....... I would have a really hard time trusting a man as my spiritual "head" if he didn't keep a financial backup for the hard times. It's Biblical and just good common sense.

Girl Advice: Women actually do have a lot to offer on a small farm if you can stoop so low as to listen to them :rolleyes:. We tend to excel at branding, marketing, value-added projects, and understanding your farm's clientele in ways that can be leveraged to maximize profits. There's plenty of things that men tend to be better at as well, I'm not saying that women make better farmers by any means. But until you are able to see your lady as a competent team-mate with something to add other than obeying your commands and looking good in a dress, you don't deserve to call her yours. Competent women don't trust easily, so don't take our trust lightly. It should slightly terrify you, for real. You need to do some deep soul-searching as to why the thought of a woman who can think for herself or might know something you don't is so repulsive to you. Being born male doesn't mean you know everything :rolleyes:.

Last advice: Something I had to learn and really take to heart when I became the farm's general manager a few years ago. On a small farm there are always fifty million things you CAN do on any given day. Spend at least 20 minutes in the morning asking God what you SHOULD do. He knows better than anyone, even you ;). Also ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit so you can feel His leading more clearly. I couldn't do this job without Him, for real.

That's all my advice for now......you can take it or leave it, and if you take it you don't even have to tell anyone it came from a girl ;). I truly wish you the best, I admire your pluck and I understand being paid in sunsets, the smell of warm dirt after a rain, the wonder of watching crops grow, critters born, and the feeling that a hot shower and a clean bed is about as good as life gets after a long day. It's a crazy, beautiful, maddening and magical way of life, and I can't really imagine choosing anything else. *salutes*

All the best to ya-

-A non-fellow fellow farmer and sister in Christ :)