Needing someone to talk to

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
What is going on? Please feel free to talk about it.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I really need some encouragement words.
Kinda hard to know what to say when we don't know what is going on over there that troubles you.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
When all else fails, I'm gonna go with the second half of Romans 8:

18 Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later. 19 For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are. 20 Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse. But with eager hope, 21 the creation looks forward to the day when it will join God’s children in glorious freedom from death and decay. 22 For we know that all creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait with eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children,[fn] including the new bodies he has promised us. 24 We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope[fn] for it. 25 But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)
26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[fn] in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[fn] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn[fn] among many brothers and sisters. 30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory.
Nothing Can Separate Us from God’s Love
31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? 32 Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 33 Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. 34 Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”[fn]) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[fn] neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(thank goodness for copy paste)

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello again @Dragonfly4me, here are several additional, encouraging quotes for you, both from the Bible, and from Christians too.

Isaiah 40
31 Those who wait for/hope in the LORD
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 41
10 ‘Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
Lamentations 3
22 The LORD’S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Thy faithfulness.
24 “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I have hope in Him.”

Here are a few more quotes from Missionary Elisabeth Elliot (I'll throw in more than I normally would, with the hope at least some of them will be helpful to you :)).

"Leave it all in the Hands that were wounded for you"
"The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances"
"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering…. The love of God did not protect His own Son…. He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process."
"God has promised to supply all of our needs. What we don't have now we do not need now"
"God never withholds from His child that which His love and wisdom call good. He never denies our heart's desire except to give us something better"
"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to."
"Do you often feel like parched ground, unable to produce anything worthwhile? I do. When I am in need of refreshment, it isn't easy to think of the needs of others. But I have found that if, instead of praying for my own comfort and satisfaction, I ask the Lord to enable me to give to others, an amazing thing often happens - I find my own needs wonderfully met. Refreshment comes in ways I would never have thought of, both for others, and then, incidentally, for myself."

And finally, a few more from other Christians.

"Two words will help you cope when you run low on hope: accept and trust." ~Pastor Chuck Swindoll​
"Instead of a river, God often gives us a brook, which may be running today and dried up tomorrow. Why? To teach us not to rest in our blessings, but in the Blesser Himself." ~Pastor/theologian A. W. Pink​
"I've learned to kiss the waves that throw me up against the Rock of Ages." ~Pastor/theologian Charles Spurgeon​
"Everlasting love shall be the pillow for my head this night." ~Pastor/theologian Charles Spurgeon​

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~Deut

My Hope Lives Not Because I Am A Sinner.jpg

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf,
so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
2 Corinthians 5:21

akaBeliever

Sep 22, 2021
I really need some encouragement words.
I’m so sorry you’re having a tough time right now, @Dragonfly4me. I think we just need to be reminded sometimes of how strong we really are in Christ. Life has a way of piling on problems, heartaches, and difficult circumstances—sometimes so many at a time that we just feel as though we’ll be crushed by the weight of it all. Two particular passages of scripture from 2 Corinthians have always helped me to remember that I have access to a very precious resource—the power of our almighty God! So keep breathing, keep praying and praising, keep His Word in your heart as you go about your day, and keep on following His lead no matter what. He will carry you through to better days.

2 Corinthians 4:7-9; 16-18

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 8 We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— ….

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, 18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

May 24, 2021
Some verses I like

"The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit" (Psalm 34:18)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5-6).

"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." (Isaiah 26:3)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7).

Just prayed for you too.

Jun 16, 2021
Will this be for all to read. Is there a private way for us to chat??

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So how does it work chatting with someone
Actually, to access the chat rooms you have to download the program. The thing is, the program does not seem to be currently available. The best option is to get to User Tech forum. Several members have found away to work around the problems that prevent an effective download.

This site has to basic types - forum peeps and chat peeps.

Personally, I have not been to the chat rooms since the format of the site changed in May 2018. At this point I don't have the chat rooms installed either. I have found the best in-depth ongoing conversations take place in the forums where you can, depending on the topic, time of day, and post, receive a timely response in a few minutes.

Jun 16, 2021
Actually, to access the chat rooms you have to download the program. The thing is, the program does not seem to be currently available. The best option is to get to User Tech forum. Several members have found away to work around the problems that prevent an effective download.

Personally, I have not been to the chat rooms since the format of the site changed in May 2018. At this point I don't have the chat rooms installed either. I have found the best in-depth ongoing conversations take place in the forums where you can, depending on the topic, time of day, and post, receive a timely response in a few minutes.
Will these chats be public

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yeah, but keep in mind that a screen name is used and not an actual name. Actually, in this day and age there is really very little the is remains private. I will caution you though to not give out any personal details such as phone numbers or addresses or even email addresses unless you really know the person to be safe and trustworthy.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Yes everything posted in the forums is public and google searchable. Literally anyone on the internet can read them. I think new members have to donate for an annual membership to be able to initiate a private message with someone, but not completely sure about that. If you hover over a person's user name there should be a little pop up and the start conversation option is the PM option (more like cc based e-mail than a chat PM) which is only visible to the users you send it to.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Are you female? Theres a female only forum on CC as well.
Not one on one private, but sometimes you might need to talk about issues that men dont really understand. No offence to the men....but men dont have the patience to listen to women talk about things they are never likely to experience. I guess thats why they have that forum.... and the public cant see it only female members can. At least, I assume so...!

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Happy to talk. I think there good people here who will listen before judging

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

are you talking about the christian chat app? It being an app, I'm assuming it can only be used on a phone, and not on a laptop/desktop?

What is it anyway? Is it chatrooms where you talk to people in realtime?

Or is it an app that lets you post in these forums?