nephilim

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I have asked this question before and it has not been answered:

If we go with the sons of God being believing men and we go with the daughters of men being unbelieving women wherein there is a believer being unequally yoked together with an unbeliever, how do we end up with no believers other than Noah and his family?

That just does not make sense.

Even in our day and time when we have a marriage where a believer is unequally yoked to an unbeliever, the believer teaches the children about God. Maybe not to the extent as two believing parents, but there is some teaching going on.

Also in our day and time we have believers who were raised by unbelieving parents as the believers witness to unbelievers.

But in the days of Noah, we have no believers at all with the exception of Noah and his family.
Yes but you are bringing in Christianity. We have revelation of the son, very few people had revelation of the son prior to him actually being here in the flesh. I may read Deut or leviticus a bit later to find out a reference but I'm pretty sure when taking foreign wives those were to be cut off from the assembly.

I would suppose that grace didn't not allow for such things at that time, despite the law not being present. You also have to think back to how specific it was for Isaac to marry from his own kin as well as Jacob. Why did that matter?

Just some things to think about, I'm not going to go full tilt about it at present but there are other ways to look at it, but there is only one truth on the matter. I'm just glad I had my bubble sort of burst about it by presenting a more "human" view, something that relates to my walk and not fantastical visions of a fabled era of mankind...Keep in mind the fact the Lord saw fit to destroy it.

As far as demonic "seeding" today as it occurs in our thoughts and spirits with spiritual adultery (and did back then too) I don't see a good reason why it 'had' to cross over into the physical in that fashion. I have let my imagination run mostly wild over the idea of it being physical most of my life and it doesn't lead anywhere productive spiritually. Quite the opposite in fact and lends credence to things we aren't to have anything to do with.

It is more productive to focus on the fact that "but as the days of Noah were, so shall the coming of the son of man be" and then the following verses Mt 24:37-39.

That doesn't particularly work well with the second idea of the physicality of it. Definitely something to pray about...it is not as "film-like" but I don't personally care too much for films anymore.

Mar 28, 2016
Since, according to you, the "the term renown is never used in respect to unbelievers" then why were the "mighty men which were of old, men of renown" utterly destroyed in the flood when God brought the flood upon the world of the ungodly (2 Peter 2:5)???

I would think to protect the seed of faith the unseen spiritual seed Christ from totally disappearing. Because of its beauty believers in false pride were fornicating with the gods of the daughters of men Paganism . Like that of Solomon. The pagan traditions of men can make the word of God without effect.

Ezekiel 16:15But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.

The flood was not to divide the goats from the sheep. That judgement will occur at the end of the world. This time not a flood but total destruction of the earth and heavens we live in called under the Sun.

The ones that do have faith and have not mingles with the pagan religions of the world will be lifted up and given their new incorruptible bodies on the same last day. They will be like the angels. Neither male nor female Jew not Gentile .

1 John informs us we are the sons of God what we will be is not what we are in these bodies of death .

Makes me wonder when he does come on the last day will he find the faith that comes from hearing God according to the parable below? Or like in the days of Noah all flesh had corrupted his way of faith upon the earth?

Luke 18:7-8 King James Version (KJV)And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

all flesh had corrupted his way of faith upon the earth.

Mar 28, 2016
I was thinking "so now God's Word is a fairy tale"??? No wonder we see what goes on in our day and time!!!
I don't think anyone said God's word is a fairy tale .Neither did they say the virgin birth crucified to pay the world's sin debt, and resurrected to life on the 3rd day.... was a fairy tale.

What is a fairy tale is lying spirits taking on form of creatures. Did God really say? You will not die.

Remember our God with mocking (stammering) lips mocks those who do mock all things written in the law and the prophets as a sign against them in exchange for keeping a tradition of men . It makes the word of God without effect.

We must be careful on how we hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Mar 23, 2016
I don't see a good reason why it 'had' to cross over into the physical in that fashion.
Wouldn't a good reason be to contaminate the bloodline in order to thwart the coming of the promised seed of Gen 3:15?

Genesis 3:14-15 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

And we still have the issue concerning the angels that sinned. If we're merely talking about believing men unequally yoked together with unbelieving women, what did the angels do which caused God to cast them down to hell, delivered into chains of darkness?

2 Peter 2:4-5 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly

Mar 23, 2016
The flood was not to divide the goats from the sheep.
The flood was God's judgment upon the world of the ungodly.

According to Gen 6:9 Noah was perfect in his generations (no genetic corruption).

According to Gen 6:12 all flesh (beside Noah) was corrupted.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
PennEd, just as you "know" it to be true, I know it to not be true. The scriptural text does not confirm your findings. Rant back at me all you want, but it is still speculation on both our parts because we just don't have enough info.

I gave you affirmation that demons could experience sex through possessing humans. That is why the sex references are there. Only in Job and Genesis are any OT references to "Sons of God." This is after their fall and I am sure God does not call them sons after they rebelled. I stand on that premise.
Deade, you call it a rant, but seem just fine with calling a belief I hold "a fantasy". You don't think that is offensive?

Here again are the proofs that they were indeed fallen angelic beings that had sex with human women producing a mixed species called the nephilim:

1. The only other place besides Genesis 6 the term bene elohim (sons of God) is used, is in the Book of Job referring to Angels. In fact, the Septuagint, the Word Jesus and the Apostles used, directly uses the word Angel in Job.

2. Giants. Giants, giants everywhere! In many places in Scripture. And not just very tall humans. Unnaturally large beings.

3. God Himself, several times, instructs the people to murder every man, woman, toddler and baby. Here is just one place: Is God a monster, or are these "people" something other than just your run of the mill sinners?
1 Samuel 15:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
Now go and attack[a] Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, INFANT and NURSING CHILD, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

4. Jude and Peter tell us these angels are currently being held in a place called Tartarus until final judgement.

5. Jude tells us the sin they committed to be thrown in Tartarus was sexual in nature.

6. Jude tells us that they left Heaven AND their Heavenly bodies (oiketerion) in order to commit the deed.

This ALL looks like SOLID Biblical proof. I don't see any fantasy here.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
I gave you affirmation that demons could experience sex through possessing humans. That is why the sex references are there. Only in Job and Genesis are any OT references to "Sons of God." This is after their fall and I am sure God does not call them sons after they rebelled. I stand on that premise.
Luke 3:38
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

A "son of God" refers to one who God directly creates - Adam, the angels, Christians (we are a new creation in Christ). If the term was not used to refer to one after he had rebelled, Adam would not be referred to as "the son of God" in Luke 3:38.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Luke 3:38
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

A "son of God" refers to one who God directly creates - Adam, the angels, Christians (we are a new creation in Christ). If the term was not used to refer to one after he had rebelled, Adam would not be referred to as "the son of God" in Luke 3:38.
You are comparing humans to angels. God created angels as servants not sons.

Mar 28, 2016
The flood was God's judgment upon the world of the ungodly.

According to Gen 6:9 Noah was perfect in his generations (no genetic corruption).

According to Gen 6:12 all flesh (beside Noah) was corrupted.
Noah who aged as in dying the wrath of God reveled from heaven had corrupted flesh just as did Jesus, the Son of man.

The whole creation was corrupted including all the human genes .

Noah as a son of God because he had the righteousness of Christ. He is of the generation of Christ. . .not the evil (no faith) generation, the generation of Adam, as daughter of men.

Mar 28, 2016
I would offer it can be applied to both kinds of messengers . Sons of God led by the Spirit of God. Both visible and invisible.

Romans 8:14 for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;

Mar 28, 2016
1. The only other place besides Genesis 6 the term bene elohim (sons of God) is used, is in the Book of Job referring to Angels. In fact, the Septuagint, the Word Jesus and the Apostles used, directly uses the word Angel in Job.
John 1:12but as many as did receive him to them he gave authority to become sons of God -- to those believing in his name,

1 John 3:1 -2 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

2. Giants. Giants, giants everywhere! In many places in Scripture. And not just very tall humans. Unnaturally large beings.
What's the maximum height before we create a body on a lying spirit? Are they subject to salvation. Angels not seen are not?

Hebrews 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Noah who aged as in dying the wrath of God reveled from heaven had corrupted flesh just as did Jesus, the Son of man.
You have an amazing ability to convolute the simple and confuse the straightforward.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What's the maximum height before we create a body on a lying spirit? Are they subject to salvation. Angels not seen are not?
In a word... Huh?

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
But God directly created them, which is why scripture refers to them as His sons. Even pagans could understand the difference between man and angels, but they attributed angels to false gods, rather than the true God.

Daniel 3:25
He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

I'm sure you've been through most of the scriptures before, so I won't waste more of your time, but I think the most straightforward reading of scripture is that "sons of God" means created by God in a direct act, rather than through descent from Adam.

Job 1:6 One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Mar 28, 2016
But God directly created them, which is why scripture refers to them as His sons. Even pagans could understand the difference between man and angels, but they attributed angels to false gods, rather than the true God.

Daniel 3:25
He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

I'm sure you've been through most of the scriptures before, so I won't waste more of your time, but I think the most straightforward reading of scripture is that "sons of God" means created by God in a direct act, rather than through descent from Adam.

Job 1:6 One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

They would seem to be ministering spirits of truth the word of God.

His Spirit of truth in John 1 put on the flesh of mankind for a one time demonstration but did not become a man.

Satan a ministering spirits of lies as the father of lies. A result of the fall and corruption.

Satan has no truth .With the truth of God he turns it into a lies . Saying just the opposite turning things upside down as if loosened from earth bound in the unseen heavens . He is hoping someone will give him a body to spread his lies again just the opposite with God says

The letter of the law killed just as today.

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: Genesis 3

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I would think to protect the seed of faith the unseen spiritual seed Christ from totally disappearing. Because of its beauty believers in false pride were fornicating with the gods of the daughters of men Paganism . Like that of Solomon. The pagan traditions of men can make the word of God without effect.
Let's review this statement carefully:

"Believers in false pride": human beings

"fornicating with": engaging in sexual intercourse with

"the gods": entities that are not human

So you do believe that human women mated with non-humans. I thought you rejected that idea.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
They would seem to be ministering spirits of truth the word of God.

His Spirit of truth in John 1 put on the flesh of mankind for a one time demonstration but did not become a man.
How that is not a directly self-contradictory statement?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What the maximum height requirement before we can say a angle took on human form or the form of a serpent as a shapeshifter?
You're being ridiculous. Get back to discussing the Bible.

Mar 23, 2016
Noah who aged as in dying the wrath of God reveled from heaven
I have no idea what you are trying to say here. Can you clarify? Thanks.

garee said:
had corrupted flesh just as did Jesus, the Son of man.
Jesus' flesh was not "corrupted". Jesus was without spot (Heb 9:14). Jesus was in all points tempted yet without sin (Heb 4:15).

garee said:
The whole creation was corrupted including all the human genes .
With the exception of Noah, all were "corrupted including all the human genes". Only Noah was perfect in his generations (Gen 6:9).

garee said:
Noah as a son of God because he had the righteousness of Christ. He is of the generation of Christ. . .not the evil (no faith) generation, the generation of Adam, as daughter of men.
Noah is an example of God's grace and mercy to all generations of believers after him. God brought Noah and his family safely through.