F
FollowingtheWay
Guest
What do you mean by spiritual disciplines?
Simply - silence, solitude, prayer, fasting
What do you mean by spiritual disciplines?
You make assumptions that are not justified.You just hate Christ in Christmas.
Why silence and solitude as opposed to study of the scriptures and attending church along with fasting and prayerSimply - silence, solitude, prayer, fasting
To hate Christmas is to hate Jesus Christ.You make assumptions that are not justified.
Thanks for your irrelevance.To hate Christmas is to hate Jesus Christ.
To hate Christmas is to hate Jesus Christ.
Why does celebrating Christmas mean that you have to lie to your kids? Why can't one celebrate the birth of Jesus?Do you have children?. Have you lied to your children? Are you catholic? Have you said Claus knows whether you are good or bad making him a god? Why I bet you put eggs ot on Passover too. I see you think these things are harmless.
As a retired pastor after serving 27 years, I haven't seen or heard any New Age or Higher Consciousness trends at all.I thought it might be educational if people would share some New Age practices they've encountered in church. I have some of my own but I'll give others a chance to respond first. Where are all these New Age teachings and practices coming from, and why do people accept them so easily?
All of which can be utterly disrupted if at any point during your day, you had beans for dinner.Simply - silence, solitude, prayer, fasting
I would like to think of it this way. some things are like that, how ever since your in the picture and being a Christion you can say your bringing Jesus into every thing you like to do, we can do things, just don't follow there beliefs' , chuck Norris is a born again christion, and the only way people are going to meet Jesus is thew you, that's y your here, make since,Yes. I led a young man to the Lord nearly 50 years ago. He was seriously into Karate. He quit the next day, convicted by the Lord. I know Karate has a demonic aspect to it.
I don't eat eggs.Do you have children?. Have you lied to your children? Are you catholic? Have you said Claus knows whether you are good or bad making him a god? Why I bet you put eggs ot on Passover too. I see you think these things are harmless.
I like to use christmas as an opening to talk about Christ.Why does celebrating Christmas mean that you have to lie to your kids? Why can't one celebrate the birth of Jesus?
Paganism has nothing to do with Christmas.The word easter is actually a derivative of the word “Ishtar,” which was a day on which many people who practiced pagan religion commemorated the resurrection of one of the gods they worshiped, named “Tammuz.” This god was believed to be the offspring of their moon-goddess and sun-god.
In biblical times, there was a man named Nimrod, who was the grandson of Noah’s son Ham. Nimrod married his own mother and became a powerful king. His wife and mother, Semiramis, became the powerful queen of ancient Babylon.
Nimrod was eventually killed, and Semiramis told the people of Babylon that he had ascended to the sun and was now to be called “Baal,” the sun god. Queen Semiramis also proclaimed that Baal should be worshiped.
This woman was essentially creating a pagan religion and setting herself up as a goddess on the earth. She claimed that she came down from the moon in a giant moon egg that fell into the Euphrates River and that her “birth” took place at the time as the first full moon after the spring equinox. Semiramis became known as “Ishtar,” which is pronounced “Easter,” and her moon egg became known as “Ishtar’s egg.” This is where the central theme of eggs originated in connection with the Easter holiday.
Ishtar soon became pregnant and claimed that it was the rays of the sun-god Baal that caused her to conceive. She named her son Tammuz, and it was believed that he was especially fond of rabbits. As a result, the animal became sacred in this ancient pagan religion.
Easter isn't as attractive when you understand this.
The death and ressurection of Jesus means the same (still holy), but the celibration of Easter isn't the same.
I like to use christmas as an opening to talk about Christ.
But over time I've come to see the evil pagan links and most of christmas means nothing now.
Jesus wasn't born in December.
Easter conceived her son (Tumuz) at Easter time and gave birth at Christmas time.
They gave christian names to the pagan traditions.