New and distressed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 13, 2018
Hello this is my first day or night here. Iam a new christian and have just recently gotten clean off of drugs after the past 8 years. I now have about a month clean. I feel scared that i will fall back into my ways again and my faith just the past few days has been slipping and ive been committing sins ive already asked forgiveness for and its been a very difficult transition. I promised God i would stop a certain sin and 2 weeks later i blew it. Its something iam struggling really hard with to give up but two embarrassed to say openly.. ive missed church the past couple of weeks and i think my pastor gave up on me. I keep having the thoughts also tht wat if its just not real, but then somehow ive managed to stay sober for 30 days, confused

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Hey! Bro :) Welcome to CC!

I've been there but it was not about drugs...I understand...

Understand that our own strength will always lead us to failure... We need help from God...

Fill yourself with God's word...read the bible everyday and pray as many as possible everyday God hears your prayer and HE provides solution you just have to listen to what HE is telling you when temptation is there....praying and reading the word will bring you closer to God...will increase your faith.

Commit yourself to live for God...every time you fall back don't get discouraged...get up!just keep moving forward...

Don't get embarrassed and hide talk about it to someone or people you can trust(pastor,a sister or brother in Christ) people you know that will not going to judge you.

I will pray for you bro...

God bless you ❤

Last edited by a moderator:

Selesmonica

Feb 4, 2017
India
Hello this is my first day or night here. Iam a new christian and have just recently gotten clean off of drugs after the past 8 years. I now have about a month clean. I feel scared that i will fall back into my ways again and my faith just the past few days has been slipping and ive been committing sins ive already asked forgiveness for and its been a very difficult transition. I promised God i would stop a certain sin and 2 weeks later i blew it. Its something iam struggling really hard with to give up but two embarrassed to say openly.. ive missed church the past couple of weeks and i think my pastor gave up on me. I keep having the thoughts also tht wat if its just not real, but then somehow ive managed to stay sober for 30 days, confused
stock-vector-woman-in-welcome-gesture-for-indian-festival-in-vector-214079716.jpg GOD BLESS YOU :)

J

joefizz

Welcome here you can discuss with bible smart people and possibly make new friends,hope you like it here!

Jan 13, 2018
Hey! Bro :) Welcome to CC!

I've been there but it was not about drugs...I understand...

Understand that our own strength will always lead us to failure... We need help from God...

Fill yourself with God's word...read the bible everyday and pray as many as possible everyday God hears your prayer and HE provides solution you just have to listen to what HE is telling you when temptation is there....praying and reading the word will bring you closer to God...will increase your faith.

Commit yourself to live for God...every time you fall back don't get discouraged...get up!just keep moving forward...

Don't get embarrassed and hide talk about it to someone or people you can trust(pastor,a sister or brother in Christ) people you know that will not going to judge you.

I will pray for you bro...

God bless you ❤
Thx sister.. I made it to church tonight but have been on the edge so i better read more, good advice.

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Glory be to GOD :)

You are welcome and I am happy to hear that bro. Amen! Keep reading :)

God bless you ❤

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Welcome aboard CC :)

Maybe the Holy Spirit is giving you more strengh then you have naturally to resist and stay sober for 30 days..

Maybe the Holy Spirit has lead you to seek support online..

Resist sin as much as you can and pray for God to remove sin from you.. But know that what ever happens if you believe jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured for your salvation, you will be forgiven for all your sins no matter how many times you fall down.. Just be sure to stand up again and keep walking with Jesus..

LiberatedKate

Jan 15, 2018
Hey :D

so though our situation is not exactly the same,

i empathize with you completely.
I also am a new Christian, and giving up addiction (not drugs. Well. Kind of also. But rather self injury)
i haven’t been to church in a few weeks as well,
and I often feel that my pastor and everyone is just like, throwing in the towel.

and though I cannot offer guidance or reassurance,
i can say that you aren’t alone. And we can do this :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello 1NaturalBorn, welcome to Christian Chat :) I hope you enjoy your time with us!

Don't be shy :D There are many forums and threads to post in, including those of people struggling in their faith walk and asking for prayers and Godly guidance :) If you really believe your pastor has given up on you, you either do not know him very well, or you need to find a new place of worship. Don't throw in the towel so easily, though :) People who are not recovering (or recovered) addicts and/or alcoholics may not know or understand that you are simply dealing with sin issues the same as anybody else, and may feel awkward in your presence if you make the disease or substances your focus instead of your recovery.

Are you attending AA or NA? I have attended both for coming up to three decades now, though I did not get clean and sober until 1994, after crying out to God, the God I did not believe in at the time, for help. He can help you, too, though I would strongly suggest you become involved in a recovery community, for support, inspiration, and a deeper understanding of who you are and why you do the things you do. God bless you

Jan 13, 2018
I have never liked aa or na and my pastor says i just need to stay in the word and away from bad people. But thank you for the suggestion

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
If your pastor gave up on you after just a couple months perhaps you need a new pastor. Jesus will never leave you or forsake you. You may be in need of a support group to help you in your struggle to overcome your addiction. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support and understanding from the members of this site. Congrats on your determination to stay sober. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

Jan 13, 2018
He has since spoken w me and hasnt given up on me so im still hanging in there.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I have never liked aa or na and my pastor says i just need to stay in the word and away from bad people. But thank you for the suggestion
Those are good suggestions from your pastor, but how much time of every day are you going to spend reading the Bible? Be realistic :D And how much time did you spend every day getting your drugs of choice, and using them, and looking for ways and means to get more?

I went to meetings for years before I found the desire to put down the mind and mood altering substances. I went to listen to people speak about their challenges and suffering. People speak the truths of their lives in those rooms. Like I said, I did not find that desire to stop using until I cried out to God for help. I continued to go to meetings because people articulated things about themselves that I could identify with. They exposed things about themselves that I did not have the awareness or words to say about my own self. I still go to meetings almost thirty years later because I am inspired by the stories I hear, I can relate to the things people say, I find comfort and inspiration from all kinds of people, and I hope to be able to help others too. The rooms are a place where I can be present to listen, which helps me feel connected, and to share when called upon. Most meetings are an hour long. That really is not a lot of time considering the fact that if you do have a problem staying clean and sober, your life may depend on you knowing there are those who have the same problems you do who are willing to be there for you when they can, if you reach out to them and ask for help. The more meetings you go to, the larger your support network can become. What was it about meetings you did not like?

Nov 26, 2012
Welcome. What helped me with overcoming certain sins is realizing that everything is a choice. Just choose not to do it. The more times you don’t do it, the easier it is. Many people get it in their heads that we are sinners and always will be. That’s a lie. When we become a child of God, we are no longer chained to the flesh. We don’t have to obey it. Walk in the Spirit and be free.

Jan 13, 2018
Yes that does make sense and it is probably a good idea. I guess it isnt the meetings i dont like but the crowds.. i will consider this as iam mostly alone. Thanks for the info

Jan 13, 2018
The sin was that i had a girlfriend of 8 years and i fell in love with her moreso than my wife. So for me it is not to have sex with her anymore and try to reestablish my home life. Very bad i know

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yes that does make sense and it is probably a good idea. I guess it isnt the meetings i dont like but the crowds.. i will consider this as iam mostly alone. Thanks for the info
There are smaller meetings. Isolating is not a good idea. They say an addict alone is in bad company :eek: And you are welcome :) There are those who may diss the program because it gives people permission to start where they are in their understanding of God, but that is where people need to start. The program is God centered even if there are many in the rooms who do not believe in the God of the Bible and Jesus Christ.

I was at a meeting last Saturday where a young woman with thirteen years clean said that thinking about the spiritual aspects of the program made her want to vomit :eek: But she has thirteen years clean and is living a better life because of it regardless of what she believes about God, and how it makes her feel. When I was asked to share, I spoke about how rebellious toward God I had been, running from Him in defiance even after He had revealed Himself to me, so stubbornly set in my ways against Him, wanting my own ideas of what I thought to be spiritual to be true above Truth Him Self, seeking to define Him in ways that were acceptable to me instead of defining myself in ways that were acceptable to Him, and finally coming to a deeper level of surrender through it all. The topic was surrender :) Any way, I really enjoy meetings but still have to force myself to go sometimes, because it is easy for me to isolate, too. I am not very comfortable at all speaking publicly most of the time, and am very aware of how dead set against God some of the people are, because I used to be just like them :D

Nov 26, 2012
Sexual sin is a crowd favourite. Are you in love with the girl, or in love with having sex with the girl? Sex is just a biological desire to procreate. We attach emotions and ego to it, based on societal influence. If you decide to have a family it is an enjoyable practice, outside of this function it is the devil’s candy. Just like any drug it is addictive. When you look to nature, animals aren’t having crazy orgies and practicing every abomination. In season the female releases a scent, the male responds and that’s it. We treat it like entertainment, to build our self worth and as a commodity. Identify what it means to you and it will help you master your unholy desires.

Jan 13, 2018
I fell in love with her, it was not just about sex. I just figured if i stopped having sex with her that God would allow us to remain platonic friends. Though iam ok with doing this she is not happy with my decision and has stated iam taking the religeon 2 far. Shes scared iam sure, she is married also but will not leave her gay husband because of the traditional way she was raised in the Philippines