New Beginnings and Seeking Community

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Antsz

Sep 25, 2024
Hello everyone,

I’m a 31-year-old man who is very new to Christianity—just about a week into my walk with God. My journey has been far from easy. I’ve faced a lot of trauma growing up, which led me to struggle with drug addiction as a teenager and into my early adult life. This also resulted in me being in and out of psychiatric wards. But recently, I can no longer deny the existence of God, and I’ve made the decision to follow Him. I’ve been drug-free, and my mental health is steadily improving, which I am so grateful for.

However, even with these positive changes, I still face many challenges. I continue to pray for God’s guidance and support because this season of my life is filled with uncertainty and discomfort. My faith is being tested right now, especially after my partner of five years broke up with me when I chose to embrace Christianity and get baptized. It’s been a tough journey, but I trust that God has a plan for me, even though I may not fully understand it right now.

I decided to join this community because, if I’m being honest, I feel pretty lonely. I’m hoping to connect with other Christians who might be able to guide me, share their wisdom, or simply walk this path with me. I believe God brought me here for a reason, and I’m eager to learn more about Him and grow in my faith.

If you’re reading this, I’d love to hear from you. I could use some encouragement and guidance as I navigate this new chapter in my life.

Thank you for welcoming me into this community.

God bless,

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

I’m a 31-year-old man who is very new to Christianity—just about a week into my walk with God. My journey has been far from easy. I’ve faced a lot of trauma growing up, which led me to struggle with drug addiction as a teenager and into my early adult life. This also resulted in me being in and out of psychiatric wards. But recently, I can no longer deny the existence of God, and I’ve made the decision to follow Him. I’ve been drug-free, and my mental health is steadily improving, which I am so grateful for.

However, even with these positive changes, I still face many challenges. I continue to pray for God’s guidance and support because this season of my life is filled with uncertainty and discomfort. My faith is being tested right now, especially after my partner of five years broke up with me when I chose to embrace Christianity and get baptized. It’s been a tough journey, but I trust that God has a plan for me, even though I may not fully understand it right now.

I decided to join this community because, if I’m being honest, I feel pretty lonely. I’m hoping to connect with other Christians who might be able to guide me, share their wisdom, or simply walk this path with me. I believe God brought me here for a reason, and I’m eager to learn more about Him and grow in my faith.

If you’re reading this, I’d love to hear from you. I could use some encouragement and guidance as I navigate this new chapter in my life.

God bless,
Amen, praise God! I'm sorry to hear the struggles you're going through, but no one said the Christian walk is easy. He will restore and transform you, just keep trusting in Him. I've been through many of the things you've mentioned and I know firsthand He can and will do it.

We all need support and encouragement, so I'm glad you've decided to join us. Hopefully we can encourage one another.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hello everyone,

God bless,
Encouragement and guidance is what happens here. I enjoyed your post about your journey. Each one of us has our own story to tell and thank you for sharing a page of yours. Glad to have you as part of our community. Welcome to CC.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Hello everyone,

God bless,
when a person decides to believe in God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit, the devil moves right in quickly tempting you to not follow Jesus. the temptations will be strong & numerous. but we have James 4: 6 & 7. the devil has no power against the believer unless the believer lets him! you answered the call of Jesus! very wise of you. on CC, in churches & thru friends, you will develop confidence & comfort to edify in Jesus. blessings to you always.

tags

Sep 29, 2024
Hello everyone,

God bless,

Hello there Antz, Welcome to this chat community but more importantly welcome to the Family. I'm glad that you're still here on earth, it sounds like you've had a rough time of it. Maybe others have been praying for you and now they can rejoice with the changes God is making in your life. I'm new to this chat community but been walking with God for a long time. Come say hi and know that I'll pray for you when God brings you to mind. I hope you find friends and the encouragement you want and need.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Welcome to the family! I often recommend this movie to new/er converts:

^ Gospel of John is often recommended as a great place to start reading the Bible. This movie is a word-for-
Word portrayal of John's gospel, is very well done, and one I watched multiple times in my early days.

Also, please check online to see if a church near you is hosting the Alpha Course, a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Typically run over eleven weeks, each session looks at a different question around faith, and the talks are designed to create conversation in small groups afterwards. It's totally free, it's run all over the globe, and everyone's welcome.

The Alpha Course is amazing, full of facts, history, information, etc about our faith, interviews, with both popular
and famous apologists and the common person on the street, asking them such questions as, Who do you think
Jesus is? Very informative all round! I was going through the course myself twenty years ago when I realized I had
finally reached that place of needing no more convincing of the Truth of God's revealed written Word. What a relief!

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly .:)

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
Welcome to the family! I often recommend this movie to new/er converts:

^ Gospel of John is often recommended as a great place to start reading the Bible. This movie is a word-for-
Word portrayal of John's gospel, is very well done, and one I watched multiple times in my early days.

Also, please check online to see if a church near you is hosting the Alpha Course, a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Typically run over eleven weeks, each session looks at a different question around faith, and the talks are designed to create conversation in small groups afterwards. It's totally free, it's run all over the globe, and everyone's welcome.

The Alpha Course is amazing, full of facts, history, information, etc about our faith, interviews, with both popular
and famous apologists and the common person on the street, asking them such questions as, Who do you think
Jesus is? Very informative all round! I was going through the course myself twenty years ago when I realized I had
finally reached that place of needing no more convincing of the Truth of God's revealed written Word. What a relief!

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly .:)
quite complete!