New believer :) Hi!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 19, 2020
Hey there, Anne!

I'd be your friend if you want. ^-^ I'm a fellow young person who has been a Christian for a few years now, and there's still so much I'm learning, but if you need someone to bounce thoughts with I'd be happy to help!

One of the best things I can suggest is to read through as much of the Bible as you can, so you can begin to gain a fuller understanding of God's Word together as a whole. A lot of things interconnect, and when you do that, you can gain a better grasp of who God is, what is His character, what are His likes and dislikes, how does He prove and manifest Himself to us, and what are His intentions for mankind. The Bible isn't only a few repeating statements that Jesus saves or a droning list of commands as some churches unfortunately like to teach. It's a deep and heartfelt account of the high-times and short-comings of God's people, God's righteous undying want to reach out and save man despite man intentionally tainting himself away from God with sin, how to live in a way that is truly the best way in the midst of our inadequacy, and the hope of eternal life. It's a great adventure that you are about to embark on, and I pray the Holy Spirit guides and reveals Himself to you as you read His Word. May you find truth.

On the topic of Bible versions, I personally recommend the Authorized King James, as there's many reasons it has stood the test of time for so long, which I'd be willing to explain if you'd like, but in the end the best thing to do when it comes to translations is to do some personal research, look at the origins of the manuscripts and translation processes being used for different versions, and come to your own conclusion over time about what Bible version offers the most objective accuracy and clarity. Determining that can take some time, so don't let that intimidate you from picking up a Bible to read it, that's the important thing after all. Just know that not all translations are equal in some respects, and it does warrant looking into when you feel more comfortable with reading the Bible.

One thing I will also offer as a piece of advice is to always check every biblical statement someone makes with the context of the Bible itself. You'd be surprised how many people misquote the Bible, both intentionally and unintentionally, and it's a very good habit to build up early on to save you from a lot of grief.

I leave you with these words that God says in Proverbs:
"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." - Proverbs 8:17

Jan 19, 2020
Hey there, Anne!

I'd be your friend if you want. ^-^ I'm a fellow young person who has been a Christian for a few years now, and there's still so much I'm learning, but if you need someone to bounce thoughts with I'd be happy to help!

One of the best things I can suggest is to read through as much of the Bible as you can, so you can begin to gain a fuller understanding of God's Word together as a whole. A lot of things interconnect, and when you do that, you can gain a better grasp of who God is, what is His character, what are His likes and dislikes, how does He prove and manifest Himself to us, and what are His intentions for mankind. The Bible isn't only a few repeating statements that Jesus saves or a droning list of commands as some churches unfortunately like to teach. It's a deep and heartfelt account of the high-times and short-comings of God's people, God's righteous undying want to reach out and save man despite man intentionally tainting himself away from God with sin, how to live in a way that is truly the best way in the midst of our inadequacy, and the hope of eternal life. It's a great adventure that you are about to embark on, and I pray the Holy Spirit guides and reveals Himself to you as you read His Word. May you find truth.

On the topic of Bible versions, I personally recommend the Authorized King James, as there's many reasons it has stood the test of time for so long, which I'd be willing to explain if you'd like, but in the end the best thing to do when it comes to translations is to do some personal research, look at the origins of the manuscripts and translation processes being used for different versions, and come to your own conclusion over time about what Bible version offers the most objective accuracy and clarity. Determining that can take some time, so don't let that intimidate you from picking up a Bible to read it, that's the important thing after all. Just know that not all translations are equal in some respects, and it does warrant looking into when you feel more comfortable with reading the Bible.

One thing I will also offer as a piece of advice is to always check every biblical statement someone makes with the context of the Bible itself. You'd be surprised how many people misquote the Bible, both intentionally and unintentionally, and it's a very good habit to build up early on to save you from a lot of grief.

I leave you with these words that God says in Proverbs:
"I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me." - Proverbs 8:17
I thought I'd clarify so you don't get confused if you look at the whole chapter of Proverbs 8, it is technically a poetical personification of wisdom that says this, but wisdom is intrinsically connected to God. (i.e 1 Corinthians 1:30, James 1:5) I should have used a different example so it isn't misleading.

I also love these verses from Lamentations:
"The LORD [is] good unto them that wait for him, to the soul [that] seeketh him. [It is] good that [a man] should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD. [It is] good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. " - Lamentations 3:25-27

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hi everyone!
First of all I want to say that English isn't my first language, so I'm sorry for any mistakes I may make...

Okay so... Hi! How are you all?
I'm Anne, 19 years old (in a few weeks I'll be 20!). I'm currently a freshman at an art school, and am just getting started on my 'christian journey'.

A little back story :) I didn't grow up in a religious family. As a kid I kind of thought Faith and Religion were things from the past. "People don't believe anymore' (kind of sad... I know. But I just was not surrounded by believers.) I always felt there must be more than this life, but I never knew what that could be. I really felt a longing to something (or Someone?) higher, never knowing this someone might be God.
I think it was around last year that I started believing. I watched a lot of Mrs. Midwest's videos on youtube and also followed 'Girl and the World' on youtube and instagram. Around that time I dealt with a lot of anxiety and panick attacks and even though I was still very sceptical towards God, I needn't something to believe in. I really think this belief, this faith got me through these hard times.

Now, I bought my first bible, and am trying to find my way to this new life. It's difficult. I don't know anyone who is a follower of Christ. It's very intimidating, not knowing where to start. So I thought I might start with making some friends! :)

I hope I can still be here, even though I'm not really a Christian (yet) (I've never been to a physical church 'session' (What do you call it?) and I have so much to learn and I'm afraid I sin without even knowing it)... If there are people here who would like to become friends, I'd be more than happy :D

I hope you have a wonderful day and I wish you lots of peace and happiness!
Welcome and Godspeed.