I am not trying to erase anything. I simply believe that we should read the Bible with a balancing scale, so that Scripture is balanced with Scripture.
I do not believe, and will not, use a bathroom scale, so I can put my foot on any Scripture I choose, to give it more weight than others. you do this with " the Word became Flesh " and " you are of your father the devil ". you want to take those two parts of Scripture and throw out the vast majority of historical theology , dismiss history, and invent your own religion.
sorry, I can't go along with that. I gave you my word I would be respectful of you if you were of me. in my opinion, we have done so. I think it is wise to part ways now.
Yes, that may be best. I trust the Word's of God more than the Word's of man G9. Regarding the Pharisees who you seem to defend, I didn't take one scripture and give it more weight than the others.
Matt. 3:
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them,
O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
Matt. 12:
34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
Matt. 23:
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Gen. 3:
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman,
Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
1 John 3:
10 In this the children of God are manifest,
and the children of the devil:
whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
Rev. 12:
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan,
which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Luke 13:
15 The Lord then answered him, and said,
Thou hypocrite, doth not each one of you on the sabbath loose his ox or
his ass from the stall, and lead
him away to watering?
16
And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham,
whom Satan hath bound, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day?
2 Cor. 11:
13 For such
are false apostles,
deceitful workers,
transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for
Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore
it is no great thing if
his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
John 8:
43 Why do ye not understand my speech?
even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
You see G9, I don't ever do as you imply. I NEVER take one verse and use it to destroy another, or use it to make void another. My understanding of the Pharisees being servants of satan comes from thorough study of the Bible front and back.
I am not perfect, I am still learning, especially how to communicate what I have found. But the statement Jesus made of the Pharisees being children of the devil is backed up by this same theme throughout the entire New Testament. I didn't even show you the support for this same theme in the OT which is significant.
This Biblical truth is how I know of the Mainstream lie that the Pharisees were trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws. The DEvil is interested in turning people away from God's teaching as the Pharisees clearly did.
Matt. 23:
13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye
neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
and again;
15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made,
ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Given all this evidence, and no evidence against it, why do you still suggest that I am twisting or taking out of context God's Word to promote, what you preach is a false teaching, that the Pharisees were serving satan, not God.?
We can part ways, but just know it is still my great desire that you might someday look at the Word and consider, "you know, maybe Jesus is right?