I made my account last night, and I just want to say how glad I am that I did!
Hope I'm part of the CC community for a long time to come!
Hope I'm part of the CC community for a long time to come!
I made my account last night, and I just want to say how glad I am that I did!
Hope I'm part of the CC community for a long time to come!
Hi Elizabeth, I'm new too. Just joined tonight. What made you want to join CC?
Hi Elizabeth, I'm new too. Just joined tonight. What made you want to join CC?
Me too. Cruddy is an understatement for me. Non-existent would be more appropriate. But now, (like you) I need him more than ever. Man, to hear Slave say those things are straight from the Holy Spirit.
When my mom died, I was far from Jesus...She was a follower of Christ. I sat by her bedside as she went to spend eternity with her holy father. I opened the Bible and read her the first page I opened while she passed away. Literally, I was reading and writing a message that I would read during her funeral. She was very sick and in Hospice. And you know the first passage I read, John 14:1. About Jesus preparing a place in heaven for his followers...
I wrote a three page message to my family about my mom and her love of Jesus, our life together, everything. And to think I wrote this?? Nahhh....I know the holy spirit wrote this as people came up to me afterwards and said I was better than the preacher! I need Jesus now more than ever and that is why I'm here. I'm thankful for Slave. He struck a chord with me and bumped up my faith another notch.
Seems every passage I read, every NT reference I check online, every song I hear, my faith grows. I pray my faith is strong enough for the Holy Spirit to enter my life. This is my only fear, that I will not have the faith; so I will prove to myself through prayer & reading the Bible to help my faith grow... Please pray for me! In Jesus name we pray.
Me too. Cruddy is an understatement for me. Non-existent would be more appropriate. But now, (like you) I need him more than ever. Man, to hear Slave say those things are straight from the Holy Spirit.
When my mom died, I was far from Jesus...She was a follower of Christ. I sat by her bedside as she went to spend eternity with her holy father. I opened the Bible and read her the first page I opened while she passed away. Literally, I was reading and writing a message that I would read during her funeral. She was very sick and in Hospice. And you know the first passage I read, John 14:1. About Jesus preparing a place in heaven for his followers...
I wrote a three page message to my family about my mom and her love of Jesus, our life together, everything. And to think I wrote this?? Nahhh....I know the holy spirit wrote this as people came up to me afterwards and said I was better than the preacher! I need Jesus now more than ever and that is why I'm here. I'm thankful for Slave. He struck a chord with me and bumped up my faith another notch.
Seems every passage I read, every NT reference I check online, every song I hear, my faith grows. I pray my faith is strong enough for the Holy Spirit to enter my life. This is my only fear, that I will not have the faith; so I will prove to myself through prayer & reading the Bible to help my faith grow... Please pray for me! In Jesus name we pray.
You're right again. I need to surrender individualism. So, I will indeed surrender my self to Jesus every day until he fills me with faith and "puts my soul at peace and rest". I keep thinking of Matt: 11:25-30 and how it says he can put your soul at peace. I like that one a lot! I will trust him wholly as Jesus tells us to. Thank you Dan. I'll keep you updated on what I'm reading. Up next, prayer and reading of Matt: 19-20s starting with the story of the Rich Man. My name by the way is actually Mark. I didn't know any chapters in mark to reference so I used Matthew13 as my nickname. talk to you soon Dan.
I thought about what you said last night about surrendering my individualism and did so last night.
I surrendered aloud and put my whole being at his feet. i asked for him to give me rest & peace. I asked for a sign and just then heard the whistle of a far off train. So much is happening. I asked for him to help me rise early and take care of my children before school.
At 5:37 AM I was awoken by a loud crash and was completely and instantly awake. only 23 minutes before my alarm was set to go off. I thought it was just a bar of soap falling off the shower shelf onto the floor, it was a toy of my son's falling from the suction cups coming apart. but perhaps it was Jesus waking me..."??
Oh well, just wanted to share a neat story with you. Thanks for the encouraging words. Now I'm reading The Hungry Inherit by Zane Hodges too. Good night.