New Life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
Hi, I moved across country after my husband died and im struggling with missing my friends, my ministry, my security. God is keeping me afloat emotionally, but just barely. I found a church here but no one talks to me. I'm not the outgoing type lol. And dating has been a disaster! So I'm just here to see what this is like. I do love talking about books too! I've been reading very thought provoking books by James L Rubart if anyone knows his novels?
Maybe you should try talking first. Why would you want to go to a church where no one talks to you.?To me that don't sound like a Christian church.

Yahyaka

Dec 6, 2021
Hi, I moved across country after my husband died and im struggling with missing my friends, my ministry, my security. God is keeping me afloat emotionally, but just barely. I found a church here but no one talks to me. I'm not the outgoing type lol. And dating has been a disaster! So I'm just here to see what this is like. I do love talking about books too! I've been reading very thought provoking books by James L Rubart if anyone knows his novels?
Hi kacey, really sorry to hear your loss and praying for you to have strength and motivation. As someone mentioned we can feel the love you have for your husband that need to be celebrated in a positive way, may the Lord bring comfort, wisdom and happiness through your new journey.

Blessings

Mar 25, 2020
I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that God gives you the strength you need everyday to live life and heal the wounds. I have sleeping disorders too. I try to switch off the lights and lie down even if I am not sleepy in the night. Music helps to doze off. Or a podcast where people keep talking enough till you just doze off. Trust me. It works. I at least sleep for sometime after I listen to something.

The idea of going to church is to commune with God. But finding someone who shares your faith could be the other reason. We go to Church to be among a group of believers and worship God. So, we have that in common already. If you tried, maybe you'll find someone you can talk to and make friends with. Or find a new Church where that's possible no matter how far the distance.

You could join a health club and meet people there. A book club. You may think that it's too early for that. But you have to try. You'll never know till you try. Don't rush things. Let things happen as they happen. It'll take some time for you to settle into your new place.

I know that this is a hard time for you. Losing someone you love is never easy. Especially if they leave us before due time. It's God's will. It's happened in my life as well when I lost my father. He died when I was 21 years and still in college. Hard times. Time froze and I didn't know what to do. I've passed through that and that's behind me now. My one wish is that I wish I didn't take it that hard at the time. That time in my life did leave a dent because I let go of God in my anger.

I encourage you to hold on to God during this time in your life. Whatever happens, don't let go of your faith in Our Lord Jesus. He will help you get through this. God loves you. Jesus loves you. He will do what is best for you. God won't abandon you. That's my encouragement to you. Stay blessed. I wish you peace and good health with God's blessings.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
no one talks to me.
:eek: Well you have certainly achieved superstar status here, my dear! :D

Five pages on your Intro Thread and still going. You have really hit the jackpot here at CC! They are going crazy over you.

I herby offer you a free lifetime membership in Oyster's new elite PINK LEMONADE CULT. :cool:

Bless you and Godspeed, my loverly miss K! :giggle::coffee:

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
Maybe you should try talking first. Why would you want to go to a church where no one talks to you.?To me that don't sound like a Christian church.
Hi, sorry, I didn't mean to make the church sound bad. They are wonderful. I just meant I have a hard time starting conversations. I have since joined a life group and they are very friendly.

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
Hi kacey, really sorry to hear your loss and praying for you to have strength and motivation. As someone mentioned we can feel the love you have for your husband that need to be celebrated in a positive way, may the Lord bring comfort, wisdom and happiness through your new journey.

Blessings
Thank you

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hi, sorry, I didn't mean to make the church sound bad. They are wonderful. I just meant I have a hard time starting conversations. I have since joined a life group and they are very friendly.
I have been an active member of my Church for 25 years, yet they still refer to me as an outsider. We can force our way through the door, but that peaceful easy feeling of acceptance is an elusive bird. I will pray that you feel and experience warm acceptance here at CC. Bless you dear.

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
I have been an active member of my Church for 25 years, yet they still refer to me as an outsider. We can force our way through the door, but that peaceful easy feeling of acceptance is an elusive bird. I will pray that you feel and experience warm acceptance here at CC. Bless you dear.
Thank you. I have felt very welcomed here 😊

Sep 14, 2021
Welcome Kacey.
I am sorry for your loss and the need to move to another part of the country. I moved from Canada to the US due to a marriage that no longer exists due to divorce. I made a choice to stay but I changed to a smaller church where singles are accepted as people and part of the church family instead of being treated as a 3rd class citizen. Glad you joined a Life group. I also joined a number of Meetup groups in my area as well so I am not sitting at home on the weekends staring at 4 walls.
One thought that I share with you, that I posted on my wall which has been a help to me, "Bloom Where You're Planted."

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
Welcome Kacey.
I am sorry for your loss and the need to move to another part of the country. I moved from Canada to the US due to a marriage that no longer exists due to divorce. I made a choice to stay but I changed to a smaller church where singles are accepted as people and part of the church family instead of being treated as a 3rd class citizen. Glad you joined a Life group. I also joined a number of Meetup groups in my area as well so I am not sitting at home on the weekends staring at 4 walls.
One thought that I share with you, that I posted on my wall which has been a help to me, "Bloom Where You're Planted."
I like that thought. Thank you.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Welcome Kacey.
A warm welcome I extend to you also, Brother Bruce. :):coffee: