New Life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Well sleep is hard to come by, but I just got an exercise bike and I'm trying to use it every day. I make every other lol. And I eat healthy, except for ice cream. It's my thing.
If you can build a social group for doing simple things like going for walks and grabbing a coffee. That can be a form of therapy. Also a what's app group for other women like u. To share those daily thoughts and emotions that few would understand... just an idea

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
If you can build a social group for doing simple things like going for walks and grabbing a coffee. That can be a form of therapy. Also a what's app group for other women like u. To share those daily thoughts and emotions that few would understand... just an idea
I would love that, but I am really bad at making friends. I am making an attempt at church and with the book club. Ty for your suggestion. I appreciate it 🙂

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Praying Kacey, that you find joy, friendship, and fulfillment in your new home.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Be blessed sister.

S

SaltwaterGirl

E2DB31A5-07FC-4E1D-9E59-F6B970508421.gif Welcome, beloved of the Lord. May you be blessed here. FEF4FFD6-9593-4D1A-BE4C-D7ED1ED68D70.gif

A263E4F6-F1F2-4147-873C-D83EA675450F.gif

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Hi, I moved across country after my husband died and im struggling with missing my friends, my ministry, my security. God is keeping me afloat emotionally, but just barely. I found a church here but no one talks to me. I'm not the outgoing type lol. And dating has been a disaster! So I'm just here to see what this is like. I do love talking about books too! I've been reading very thought provoking books by James L Rubart if anyone knows his novels?
Dear Kacey,

Welcome. I am very sorry for your loss--I find 'church' a strange place--after all this time it seems difficult to really make friends and get to know people. I'm not familiar with Rubart--if he's a Christian author you could start your own thread--What authors are you currently reading? Something like that.

A prayer for you. "Dear Father, Please comfort Kacey in her loss--please open a door for close Christian friends that can be like family. I pray for others who are reading this prayer--that you would bless us all with godly friends and help make us into good friends for others."

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I would love that, but I am really bad at making friends. I am making an attempt at church and with the book club. Ty for your suggestion. I appreciate it 🙂
I get called anti social. Lol
I prefer a few friends. Hard to rind non selfish folks though. Music keeps me going.

listenyoumustAll

Jul 22, 2021
Hi, I moved across country after my husband died and im struggling with missing my friends, my ministry, my security. God is keeping me afloat emotionally, but just barely. I found a church here but no one talks to me. I'm not the outgoing type lol. And dating has been a disaster! So I'm just here to see what this is like. I do love talking about books too! I've been reading very thought provoking books by James L Rubart if anyone knows his novels?
Accept my condolences . its a bit difficult fitting into a new neighborhood always, anyway I want you to understand that you are not alone you have a family in Christ. That's a body of Believers you can always talk to me. Fortunately I am a part of that. You can reach out to me anytime. I am not much of a person that reads novels , but if we do have to discuss about books I think one book I would love to discuss is the Bible I think there's a lot to learn daily. I hope to see you around all right stay blessed.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Hi, I've been trying to concentrate on work and my house. Getting things done. My sister is visiting this weekend and she's keeping me busy. How are you?
Struggling with sleep due to stress . Maybe it's better to be busy?

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Oh im sorry to hear that. I struggle with insomnia since I was a child. Keeping busy does help. Is the stress temporary?
Im hoping so, but the underlying issues are from my youth. Do u find that longer term issues are harder to deal with?

Oct 8, 2021
Virginia
Im hoping so, but the underlying issues are from my youth. Do u find that longer term issues are harder to deal with?
Yes, my insomnia stems from childhood trauma. Most nights I'm fine but stress will trigger an episode. Last night I was bad. Dealing with the old hurts is so hard when a current situation mimics it or brings on the memories. I started dealing with my trauma but it was too much. The virus caused the support groups to go virtual and that hindered me. But I know I need a support group.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
Yes, my insomnia stems from childhood trauma. Most nights I'm fine but stress will trigger an episode. Last night I was bad. Dealing with the old hurts is so hard when a current situation mimics it or brings on the memories. I started dealing with my trauma but it was too much. The virus caused the support groups to go virtual and that hindered me. But I know I need a support group.
Happy to message if that helps but i will be honest, im no perfect happy person. Just trying to work through life by day