New Member :) Would like to get to know everyone!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone! My nane is Jessica and I'm new on here. I would love to know why you love being Christian? :) Just trying to get to kniw more people!

Mar 27, 2021
Hey Jess, welcome! I'm also new here.
What's not to love about being a Christian? I've been one for a while now, since birth actually but I never knew what it meant to be a Christian until I started listening to the Bible. All my life, I've been searching for someone to dictate how to best live life, whether it's motivational books or philosophical ones. Little did I know that all the answers that I was searching for could be found in the Bible. It's just so much easier to follow the path that God has laid for us. It's the only way to find happiness, fulfillment and meaning in life... or so I think.

Mar 27, 2021
Hey Jess, welcome! I'm also new here.
What's not to love about being a Christian? I've been one for a while now, since birth actually but I never knew what it meant to be a Christian until I started listening to the Bible. All my life, I've been searching for someone to dictate how to best live life, whether it's motivational books or philosophical ones. Little did I know that all the answers that I was searching for could be found in the Bible. It's just so much easier to follow the path that God has laid for us. It's the only way to find happiness, fulfillment and meaning in life... or so I think.
Thank you for replying! Thats an amazing story :) I am actually a convert and have lived life on each end of the spectrum. I wanted to be better, live better, and not live the same way my parents had (my mom is a believer now but my dad isn't, I don't think). It only gets better from here ❤

L

Live4Him

Hi everyone! My nane is Jessica and I'm new on here. I would love to know why you love being Christian? :) Just trying to get to kniw more people!
Welcome, Jessica.

I would say that I love being a Christian because we only have one life to live, and it should be lived for the one who died for us (hence my username) that we might be saved and share his eternal inheritance with him.

That said, the Christian life can be full of many sorrows at times...especially in relation to those who reject the gospel.

Anyhow, welcome aboard.

Mar 27, 2021
Thank you for replying! Thats an amazing story :) I am actually a convert and have lived life on each end of the spectrum. I wanted to be better, live better, and not live the same way my parents had (my mom is a believer now but my dad isn't, I don't think). It only gets better from here ❤
I grew up in a very religious household, which, to be honest kind of put me off of religion for a while. Turned towards philosophy during my teens and early twenties hoping to make some sense out of it all and I was mildly successful at it, haha! But I still had this lingering feeling of doubt, meaning provided by others just wasn't palatable but then I decided to take a step back and embrace what I grew up with, which was God. And everything seemed so much simpler. Suddenly it's no longer about striving after meaningless things and being "the best" but about accepting yourself and others with all of ours flaws. It's about making do with what you have, and being grateful. Focusing on what matters the most and living life to the fullest. The Bible, from the little that I've listened/read of it is not only spiritually healing but also physically, emotionally, ...

Mar 27, 2021
Nobody is born a Christian. One must be born again;):)
I agree. Sorry for the mistake. Like I said, I'm fairly new to all of this so most of what I say might not make sense at all.
What I meant to say was that I was born into a Christian Orthodox family and that I was baptized early on. I lived most of my childhood going to Church, praying, fasting but lacked a meaningful relationship with God. Hence why I agree with what you've said. I was Christian in name only, and Christianity was just one of the many things I did without thinking about it. I didn't strive to live by his word or follow the path he laid. Most of what I heard at Church didn't resonate outside of it and my daily actions didn't align with my prayers.
So I guess that I could consider myself as having been born again, or as a convert to Christianity.
Thanks for making me think outside of the box.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
The best way to get to know who the members are and what they are about is to become a frequent contributor to the forums. Looking forward to getting to know you through your posts. Glad to have you onboard with us Jessica. Welcome to CC.

Sep 10, 2020
Hey, Jessica. It is a pleasure! New here, myself.

I love being a Christian because it is the Truth.

Ambsgb

Mar 24, 2021
Washington
I grew up in a very religious household, which, to be honest kind of put me off of religion for a while. Turned towards philosophy during my teens and early twenties hoping to make some sense out of it all and I was mildly successful at it, haha! But I still had this lingering feeling of doubt, meaning provided by others just wasn't palatable but then I decided to take a step back and embrace what I grew up with, which was God. And everything seemed so much simpler. Suddenly it's no longer about striving after meaningless things and being "the best" but about accepting yourself and others with all of ours flaws. It's about making do with what you have, and being grateful. Focusing on what matters the most and living life to the fullest. The Bible, from the little that I've listened/read of it is not only spiritually healing but also physically, emotionally, ...
I have a simular story. And couldn't agree more. To me it's not about religion. It's about what Jesus taught and what the Bible says ❤

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Everyone would like to get to know you too, sister Jessica!:):coffee: I love being a Christian because...

I love Jesus! He is ever faithful and infinitely loving. Even His chastisement is done for my benefit. He wants us to be all that we can be. He has a perfect plan and He has prepared a perfect home. All we have to do is trust and obey. He has done everything else for us on the Cross.

Nice intro post!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
diamond-rain-purple-4k-and-full-hd_vkocjpnc__F0000 - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - C...png
""You would have to search within my threads to hopefully grasp
the joy of God in my Life."

Mar 27, 2021
I have a simular story. And couldn't agree more. To me it's not about religion. It's about what Jesus taught and what the Bible says ❤
Exactly. I'm just doing me at the moment. Reinforcing my belief with the words of God and working on bettering my relationship with him.

Mar 28, 2021
I am thankful to find this site as I am new in the chat room arena but on fire for Jesus Christ. Our world is in the disarray as prophesied and I continue to study the truth in my AV 1611...no surprises as to what’s ahead. I look forward to networking here.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to meet you and glad to have you joining in the fellowship here at CC! I am a Christian because it gives the reason why everything is. God bless you:)