New stage of my life

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
Hi, my name is Debra. I am going through a massive change in my life. My husband of 42years passed away last Aug. He was truly the one God chose for me. Now I have to figure out how to live without him. I couldn't even begin to do it without God in my life.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC Debra, and so sorry for your loss. I must say congrats on making it work for 42 yrs that is a long time. Something I'm convinced of is that our loved ones would want us to continue on and as the Word say 'occupy til I come'. If you belong to a church have you done volunteer work? There are also Christian zoom groups that study the Bible and share their challenges. Do you have a pet, lol, one can't replace your husband but they are good companions. I will remember to pray for you as my best friend is named Debra. God bless and guide you this wonderful new year!

Jan 5, 2022
"A higher plane," hehe
www.youtube.com
Hi, my name is Debra. I am going through a massive change in my life. My husband of 42years passed away last Aug. He was truly the one God chose for me. Now I have to figure out how to live without him. I couldn't even begin to do it without God in my life.
I am very sorry for your loss, Debra. Both of my grandfathers passed away in the last few years. They are very much missed and I think of them frequently. God has been very good in supporting both of my wonderful grandmothers and I know he will take care of you too.

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
Welcome to CC Debra, and so sorry for your loss. I must say congrats on making it work for 42 yrs that is a long time. Something I'm convinced of is that our loved ones would want us to continue on and as the Word say 'occupy til I come'. If you belong to a church have you done volunteer work? There are also Christian zoom groups that study the Bible and share their challenges. Do you have a pet, lol, one can't replace your husband but they are good companions. I will remember to pray for you as my best friend is named Debra. God bless and guide you this wonderful new year!
Thanks you for your kind words. Yes I belong to a church and they have been wonderful. I also have 3cats and 20 chickens. I work 3 days a week in a nursing home. But I miss someone to talk to about my day when I get home. I talk to my cats but they just stare at me. But come to think of it that's what my husband did sometimes too. Lol. I have 3 grown children and 9 grandchildren but they all live away.

O

Oblio

Hi, Debra, welcome to Christian Chat. So sorry to hear of your loss. The Lord is faithful and will see you through this difficult season of your life, as I'm sure you know. You've come to a good place.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Thanks you for your kind words. Yes I belong to a church and they have been wonderful. I also have 3cats and 20 chickens. I work 3 days a week in a nursing home. But I miss someone to talk to about my day when I get home. I talk to my cats but they just stare at me. But come to think of it that's what my husband did sometimes too. Lol. I have 3 grown children and 9 grandchildren but they all live away.
Yeah...the kids all leave home...and even stop coming by to do laundry.

BUT...
If you can get someone to feed the cats and chickens you can go visit the kids at their homes. See the grandkids...bring them toys and bake them cookies...

Then maybe do a bit of travel around the country with a group of friends from church. Just saying...

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
Yeah...the kids all leave home...and even stop coming by to do laundry.

BUT...
If you can get someone to feed the cats and chickens you can go visit the kids at their homes. See the grandkids...bring them toys and bake them cookies...

Then maybe do a bit of travel around the country with a group of friends from church. Just saying...
My kids are a great source of support. I know they would do anything for me. And the grandkids are a blessing too. As far as traveling, that would be great but the funds just aren't there. Back in 2009 my husband had a massive heart attack. The doctor only gave him a 5percent of survival. But God had other plans. He received an artificial heart ,an l-,bad. He survived for 7 months on that then received a heart transplant. He did wonderful with the new heart. But the medical bills and then cost of medication wiped out any savings we had . I don't regret any of that at all because it gave us another 12 years together. But money is not plentiful for me. So travel is not an option.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
My kids are a great source of support. I know they would do anything for me. And the grandkids are a blessing too. As far as traveling, that would be great but the funds just aren't there. Back in 2009 my husband had a massive heart attack. The doctor only gave him a 5percent of survival. But God had other plans. He received an artificial heart ,an l-,bad. He survived for 7 months on that then received a heart transplant. He did wonderful with the new heart. But the medical bills and then cost of medication wiped out any savings we had . I don't regret any of that at all because it gave us another 12 years together. But money is not plentiful for me. So travel is not an option.
Oh...I'm sorry...the Baptist are more about missions than the Methodist are usually...we can usually get financial support from other members who can't go.

I guess I need to learn these things eventually.
Maybe sell the home and farm...it's an option. Land and housing has gone up a lot...

I know that the Baptist have extremely low cost housing for widowed pastor's wives. Do the Methodist have something similar? It's not much of a job they have to do either. Usually just help with summer camps and retreats. A little cooking and laundry of sheets for campers. (They do the cleaning)

Just a thought.

Either way...there's a lot of time to figure out how to live the "single again" lifestyle.
I know all about the roar of silence.

O

Oblio

I live with my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. I did die in the hospital but the Lord brought me back to life. Though my marriage did die. God has more plans! He is faithful!

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
Oh...I'm sorry...the Baptist are more about missions than the Methodist are usually...we can usually get financial support from other members who can't go.

I guess I need to learn these things eventually.
Maybe sell the home and farm...it's an option. Land and housing has gone up a lot...

I know that the Baptist have extremely low cost housing for widowed pastor's wives. Do the Methodist have something similar? It's not much of a job they have to do either. Usually just help with summer camps and retreats. A little cooking and laundry of sheets for campers. (They do the cleaning)

Just a thought.

Either way...there's a lot of time to figure out how to live the "single again" lifestyle.
I know all about the roar of silence.
I was raised Baptist and my brother is a Baptist minister. My husband was raised in a Nazarene church and that is how we choose to raise our family. He was not a minister. I will someday consider selling my home and moving closer to my children but right now both of my parents live in the same town as I do and they both need help right now. So my responsibility is to them for now.

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
I live with my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. I did die in the hospital but the Lord brought me back to life. Though my marriage did die. God has more plans! He is faithful!
I am sorry about your marriage. But at least you have your family. My children love me and would do anything for me but my girls live about 200 miles away and my son is over 2000 miles away.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I joined this site a month after my late second wife died suddenly. You are correct as this is a massive change in your life. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support, and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you join our family. Welcome to CC.

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
I joined this site a month after my late second wife died suddenly. You are correct as this is a massive change in your life. Hopefully, you will find comfort, support, and understanding from the members of this site. Glad to have you join our family. Welcome to CC.
I can't imagine going through something like this twice. How did you find the strength to make it through twice?

O

Oblio

I am sorry about your marriage. But at least you have your family. My children love me and would do anything for me but my girls live about 200 miles away and my son is over 2000 miles away.
If not for my son, I'd be alone. I'm in my 60s and not healthy...I don't know what I'd do without him.

Debra

Jan 9, 2022
Ohio
If not for my son, I'd be alone. I'm in my 60s and not healthy...I don't know what I'd do without him.
I am also in my 60's but I am blessed with very good health. I did have to have a pace maker put in 18 months ago and half of my thyroid removed in Aug but recovered from both quickly and better than new.

LadyMay

Jan 5, 2022
Welcome Debra.

I am sorry for your loss. May God continue to strengthen and comfort you. I originally joined CC in 2006 after going through major surgery that required initially a year of recovery. I met some lovely people on here who were great company and support. I am still good friends with a couple of them today. I do hope you find that too! Blessings.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What a beautiful testimony! Thank you sooooo much, sister Debra. Welcome to our family! :):coffee:

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I am also in my 60's but I am blessed with very good health. I did have to have a pace maker put in 18 months ago and half of my thyroid removed in Aug but recovered from both quickly and better than new.
Soon we shall all be better than new... SERENDIPITY BABY!!!:D(y) Thank you, Jesus.