New to Christian Chat

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shoshie

Aug 24, 2024
Currently, I don't have a church home but have been a believer almost 49 years. I taught the Bible in NC schools for a few years and have taught other subjects in both public and private schools. My last job was as a hospital secretary. Currently, I am unemployed as my Dad just died and I am caring for my Mother with health issues. We are extremely close and the loss of my Dad was horrific. I am single and as you can guess older.
I realize there may be different opinions on this but I do believe that Jesus is the Healer. I believe Scripture teaches this. Yes, sometimes He works through doctors and medicines but I believe there is no disease beyond His power to heal.
I mention this because just yesterday the Lord literally woke me up and it was as if I were praying in my sleep for my Mom. He gave me a peace about her healing and most of my day was joyous.
But by the end of the day the tormenter brought such oppression against me I felt I could be losing my mind. I kept crying out to Jesus. I haven't Bern able to sleep a d I feel I am sinking into a hopelessness I don't want to be in. It's as if I am so alone in this journey. I keep calling on Jesus but I'm paralyzed with fear and yet I know He doesn't give us a spirit of fear. If everyone who feels led to woukd pray for me and my Mom, JoAnn. Thank you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!
I will lift your mother up in prayer, JoAnn, and ask also that your peace and joy in the Lord be restored...

Praise the Lord
:)

Shoshie

Aug 24, 2024

Welcome!
I will lift your mother up in prayer, JoAnn, and ask also that your peace and joy in the Lord be restored...

Praise the Lord
:)
Thank you Magenta. This means more than you can imagine!

ImLova

Aug 7, 2024
Welcome here.. Praying.. God bless you! :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
praying-hands-2539580_1280 - Copy.jpg
"I pray the Lord's spirit comes upon your life with spiritual energy that gives
strength and hope for healing of the mind and life giving encouragement that fulfils your needs."
'Amen'

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Jesus did say, "Fear not, for I am with you". Yes, that probably is easier said than done but Jesus remains with you. I will pray that God places a hedge around you and those that you love and keeps Satan out. Glad to have you join our community. Welcome to CC.

Shoshie

Aug 24, 2024
Thanks so much to all of you. Sometimes you feel you are all alone. It's so nice to feel others are praying!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi Shoshie nice to meet you and welcome to the CC fellowship! Yes, Jesus is the Healer 'He sent His Word and healed me'. A big truth I've found out is the more we learn what Scripture says, the less room we have for secular ways. Proverbs 4:20 'My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings' is just one telling us the importance of knowing what God says. God bless & keep you and your mom -, so glad you're here🌹🙏✝🔯

Aug 24, 2024
Hi Shoshie nice to meet you and welcome to the CC fellowship! Yes, Jesus is the Healer 'He sent His Word and healed me'. A big truth I've found out is the more we learn what Scripture says, the less room we have for secular ways. Proverbs 4:20 'My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings' is just one telling us the importance of knowing what God says. God bless & keep you and your mom -, so glad you're here🌹🙏✝🔯

ALA

Aug 26, 2024
Precious friend, @Shoshie, I will pray for you; Please Be Very Richly Encouraged
And Comforted In:

God's Grace Word for our infirmities!

Amen.
You may feel alone or lonely, but rest assured that you are never alone. There are angels watching over & listening to you. God is with you 24/7/365. At a time when I could not pray, talk to anyone, & suffering emotionally, I went to bed and slept with my Bible hugged up in my arms. Read Is. 41:10; Matt 28:20; Dt 31:6; 1Peter 5:7. People you don’t know care & pray for you. Give it to God & go to sleep this evening.