(Newbie) 30 day water fast with god

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FollowHisSteps

Feb 15, 2019
Hey Everyone 😊 I’m going through a 30 day water fast. Im doing it to achieve mental clarity, help my asthma & strengthen my relationship with God! I am new 2 this whole chat thing so it should be fun. Does Anyone have any good scriptures on fasting or mental war fare? #BeBlessed
To put it mildly, no one should go without water for more than a few days.
Our whole bodies rely on fluids for breathing, taking oxygen from the lungs to the body,
and for transport of energy from the digestive system to the rest of the body.
If you lower your fluid balance, there is a big increase in chance of clots and strokes.

Water is also not a food. It is a means of transport and needs to be maintained at a
reasonable level.

Here is a simple article that covers this issue
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-days-can-you-survive-without-water-2014-5?r=US&IR=T

The idea of fasting from food, is so that one can focus on the issue at hand.
Fasting from food for 30 days is possible. The body will switch from burning carbohydrates to burning
muscle and fat. This is not pleasant and at the end care has to be taken coming off such a fast or
the chemistry change in the body will kill you.

So extreme actions described here have to be entered with great caution.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
To put it mildly, no one should go without water for more than a few days.
Our whole bodies rely on fluids for breathing, taking oxygen from the lungs to the body,
and for transport of energy from the digestive system to the rest of the body.
If you lower your fluid balance, there is a big increase in chance of clots and strokes.

Water is also not a food. It is a means of transport and needs to be maintained at a
reasonable level.

Here is a simple article that covers this issue
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-days-can-you-survive-without-water-2014-5?r=US&IR=T

The idea of fasting from food, is so that one can focus on the issue at hand.
Fasting from food for 30 days is possible. The body will switch from burning carbohydrates to burning
muscle and fat. This is not pleasant and at the end care has to be taken coming off such a fast or
the chemistry change in the body will kill you.

So extreme actions described here have to be entered with great caution.
"Sound advise." Agree.png

Jun 7, 2019
Welcome to CC. :) This is the Introductions forum. Your OP is better suited for the Health forum, where there are several threads on water fasting.

Also, water fasting for a month is very dangerous. The human body can't go without food for more than a few days. And drinking too much water will result in water toxicity.
LOL okay & I’ve fasted 14 days with no food or vitamin supplements there are some studies showing a women that fasted for 90 days
I have twice fasted (water only) for 40 days.
Praying in the Holy Spirit during this time of surrender to God and overcoming stubborn sins from the past.
Powerful and delivers results.
Be purposeful with your fasting - not just health needs but seek spiritual victories that you desire from God.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts!
24 And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
Psalm 139: (ESV)
wow thanks very much! Amazing scripture!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
LOL okay & I’ve fasted 14 days with no food or vitamin supplements there are some studies showing a women that fasted for 90 days

wow thanks very much! Amazing scripture!

Just because you fasted for two weeks does not mean that it's healthy for your body. And fasting for THREE MONTHS definitely is not good for the human body!! Water washes away electrolytes, a vital nutrient for a body. And not eating for 2 weeks, or 3 months, isn't good because you're not getting ANY nutrients at all. The human body is designed to run on food, not water only.

And you don't actually lose any fat weight, you only lose poop weight.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
my longest water fast was 21 days and i didn't have any bad symptoms during it .Hunger was gone after a few days and i felt mentally clear but i did risk too much i think .But please be careful and watch your symptoms because it is not a very good idea to fast for that long of a time .People might die doing this .
welcome by the way and be blessed <3

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I'm on a juice and water fast, today and tomorrow. I can only do it for 2 days because I have epileptic seizures and have to eat.

Jun 7, 2019
I'm on a juice and water fast, today and tomorrow. I can only do it for 2 days because I have epileptic seizures and have to eat.
Yeah juicing is great! I plan on juicing for half the days I have water fasted as my body won’t be able to process solid foods for a couple weeks. Good luck on your juice fast also :) be blessed

Jun 7, 2019
Just because you fasted for two weeks does not mean that it's healthy for your body. And fasting for THREE MONTHS definitely is not good for the human body!! Water washes away electrolytes, a vital nutrient for a body. And not eating for 2 weeks, or 3 months, isn't good because you're not getting ANY nutrients at all. The human body is designed to run on food, not water only.

And you don't actually lose any fat weight, you only lose poop weight.
Iv already gotten a colonoscopy yesterday on my 4th day lol so no poop in me right now & my DOCTOR recommended me to drink smart water which has electrolytes in it lol I believe god told me to do my research and see my doctor first!

Jun 7, 2019
my longest water fast was 21 days and i didn't have any bad symptoms during it .Hunger was gone after a few days and i felt mentally clear but i did risk too much i think .But please be careful and watch your symptoms because it is not a very good idea to fast for that long of a time .People might die doing this .
welcome by the way and be blessed <3
Wow that’s great 21! Yes I totally understand that had to take time off work but I know my body and mind need the change! Not to mention things in spirit that need to be broken

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You must have been spinning pretty fast at the end of that one:)
Yeah, I guess that I was. On a more positive note I definitely want to quit smoking by the end of the year. I have cut my coffee consumption and for the last year or so I actually take a lunch to work to provide necessary nourishment. I have also increased my water consumption. Previously, in a weeks time I probably drank a half-liter. Now, I do that within one day. It's not much but it's a step in the right direction. I drink Perrier water because it is very fizzy and refreshing.

Jun 7, 2019
I’ve been trying extra hard to stay prayed up on day 5 now and it’s going really well! Thank you for your wishes means a lot

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I’ve been trying extra hard to stay prayed up on day 5 now and it’s going really well! Thank you for your wishes means a lot
Many people eat to avoid depression. This is another obstacle to fasting. Prayer is critical. You are wise. Prayer is almost always mentioned when the Bible references fasting. Fasting is normal and proper for a Christian. Neglecting to fast is what is abnormal. I will pray that you be strengthened supernaturally. God bless you.

Jun 7, 2019
Awesome! Thank you very much for that and it’s almost all mental I’m discovering again

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Awesome! Thank you very much for that and it’s almost all mental I’m discovering again
Amen! You have encouraged me to do a little fasting myself, and I am finding the same thing to be true.

When I was young, I had a bad case of asthma also. I remember how it felt. The Lord delivered me from that evil thing. I am praying that He will do the same for you. I'm sure He wants to. Just a matter of timing.

Love and prayers, Godspeed,
oyster.

Jun 7, 2019
Absolutely it’s a very powerful thing... Church this Sunday while fasting was very intense. I’ve never spoke in the Spiritual tongue for that long in my life before I couldn’t control it lol it wouldn’t stop! It’s truly a beautiful thing I’m on my 7th day today and I’ve already gotten a lot of insight on what I need to do in my life for his purpose. I will indeed pray for you too let me know how it goes!!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Yeah juicing is great! I plan on juicing for half the days I have water fasted as my body won’t be able to process solid foods for a couple weeks. Good luck on your juice fast also :) be blessed
Yup. I just found that out the hard way. I just finished a three day fast yesterday and my body just now COMPLETELY rejected the :coffee: and ham sandwich I ate this morning:sick: My dumb. You have much more common sense than I.

Prayer and God's blessing,
oyster.

P.S. I feel much better now:)

Nov 26, 2012
Absolutely it’s a very powerful thing... Church this Sunday while fasting was very intense. I’ve never spoke in the Spiritual tongue for that long in my life before I couldn’t control it lol it wouldn’t stop! It’s truly a beautiful thing I’m on my 7th day today and I’ve already gotten a lot of insight on what I need to do in my life for his purpose. I will indeed pray for you too let me know how it goes!!
I’ve wanted to try something similar but can’t eject myself from life to commit fully. I have thoughts on how the brain uses different fuel when glucose isn’t available. I wonder after a certain point if there is a fuel that gets implemented which connects us more strongly to the Spiritual rhelm. Or perhaps it’s the shutting down of the carnal function that allows the spirit to be more dominant. Regardless, if you wouldn’t mind giving updates regularly it would be appreciated. Be blessed on this journey to hear our Lord with clarity.

May 8, 2019
I’ve been wanting to try fasting but haven’t yet. I need to pray about it first and see what Abba Father says. I have my own reasons on why I need to fast. Has anybody in here tried the Daniel fast? If so, what were your experiences? I think the water/juicing fast would be too intense for me at first. I’m anemic so I would need to have foods or juices with plenty of iron in them. I’ll get dizzy and light headed without food.