Newcomer to this place

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Greetings!

I'm a Christian. I believe in God, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I study and/or read from the bible nearly every day.

But I have questions.

Aug 16, 2016
Welcome Prov910, we'd be glad to answer any questions you had

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hi!Prov910 :) Welcome to CC!God bless you!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hopefully you will find the answers you are seeking to your questions on this site. From your post I believe that you are on the right spiritual path. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Welcome to CC. The bible forum is the best place to ask your questions, but be forewarned: it gets very rough in there..

Dec 19, 2009
Greetings!

I'm a Christian. I believe in God, his son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I study and/or read from the bible nearly every day.

But I have questions.
Welcome to Christian Chat, Prov910. I would suggest you pick the appropriate forums and ask your questions.

littlestarsmum

Oct 19, 2016
Welcome aboard, friend! Nice to meet you. I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here and find answers to your questions. Blessings!

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
So, I did end up starting a Bible forum thread about a rather troubling question I've been contemplating lately: Is Jesus God? LINK And I have to say, I've gotten a lot of great answers and thoughtful responses in that thread. It's gonna take me a while to sort through them and contemplate the cited passages and thoughts of others. I'm quite pleased! (And, yes, I also got a response or two that implied I would be suffering eternal damnation in a Lake of Fire for even entertaining such a blasphemous question. But I expected that. lol) :)

Dec 19, 2009
So, I did end up starting a Bible forum thread about a rather troubling question I've been contemplating lately: Is Jesus God? LINK And I have to say, I've gotten a lot of great answers and thoughtful responses in that thread. It's gonna take me a while to sort through them and contemplate the cited passages and thoughts of others. I'm quite pleased! (And, yes, I also got a response or two that implied I would be suffering eternal damnation in a Lake of Fire for even entertaining such a blasphemous question. But I expected that. lol) :)
Unfortunately, there are some grouchy people who reside here. I'm glad you asked your question.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Unfortunately, there are some grouchy people who reside here. I'm glad you asked your question.
Ha ha! Yeah, but I can take grumpy. It's the ones who are prideful and condescending that I have a difficult time dealing with. I tend to be a bit acerbic in responding to those types. It's a fault of mine.

Despite that, from what I've seen the past month or so I know there are many knowledgeable, insightful, helpful posters on this site. And I suspect there may even be some on this site who live in the spirit and can provide very insightful interpretation and guidance. The trick will be to distinguish between the knowledgeable, helpful--and possibly spirit filled--individuals on this site, and the ... others. :)

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
Newb question: Can anyone post in any CC forum? Or is it frowned upon if not of the category of that forum. For example, I'm not Arab, but could I post in the Arab Christian forum? I'm not single, but could I post in the singles forum? (Assuming the posts were on point, relevant, etc.)

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Newb question: Can anyone post in any CC forum? Or is it frowned upon if not of the category of that forum. For example, I'm not Arab, but could I post in the Arab Christian forum? I'm not single, but could I post in the singles forum? (Assuming the posts were on point, relevant, etc.)
for the most it's fine however sometime people will hound you for posting in a section that is incorrect, my only pet peeve is when people post things in the news section that is only their own opinions i need to work on that lol

Feb 7, 2015
Greetings!

But I have questions.
And you can be sure all of us here have answers........... every now and then, one or two of them might even be close to right.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
And you can be sure all of us here have answers........... every now and then, one or two of them might even be close to right.
Ha ha! I'll be the first to admit that I don't have all the answers. But I think part of seeking is to study, contemplate, and ask questions. Even with that, though, I'm pretty humans just don't have the capacity to arrive at all the answers. And we're not expect to. That's where faith comes in. /jmho

Dec 19, 2009
Ha ha! Yeah, but I can take grumpy. It's the ones who are prideful and condescending that I have a difficult time dealing with. I tend to be a bit acerbic in responding to those types. It's a fault of mine.

Despite that, from what I've seen the past month or so I know there are many knowledgeable, insightful, helpful posters on this site. And I suspect there may even be some on this site who live in the spirit and can provide very insightful interpretation and guidance. The trick will be to distinguish between the knowledgeable, helpful--and possibly spirit filled--individuals on this site, and the ... others. :)
I enjoy this site a lot. Over a period of time you will get to know people.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Anyone can post in any forum at any time. Many married members post in the Singles forum, myself included. Yep, you can post in the Arab, Indian, and Filipino forum as well.

Dec 19, 2009
for the most it's fine however sometime people will hound you for posting in a section that is incorrect, my only pet peeve is when people post things in the news section that is only their own opinions i need to work on that lol
We just had what many of us thought was an important presidential election here in the USA. The news forum seems to serve as the forum where people express their political opinions. I have been guilty of that, but I think it's important that we be allowed to make statements about politics. We do want to exert a positive influence on the world.

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
More newb questions:

Can the notifications be set to indicate when someone quotes a post of yours?

What are reputation comments? Who can make them? How do you read them?

Thanks in advance!

Prov910

Jan 10, 2017
More newb questions:

Can the notifications be set to indicate when someone quotes a post of yours?

Thanks in advance!
*crickets*

=========================

I'm still wondering about these. Anyone? :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thanks in advance!
I'm still wondering about these. Anyone? :)
I do not know anything about notifications, except I turned mine off :D You can follow a thread by checking your own post stream, though, and looking to see if anyone has responded to you that way. As for reps, everyone can give reps through the icon at the bottom left of every post, beside Blog this post. There is a six pointed star that says, Add to this user's reputation when you hover your cursor over it. You can leave a comment and your name so people know who it is from, or just a comment and no name, or no comment at all. You can read your comments by clicking the Settings option at the top right hand side of every page. Only seven show at a time, as they fall away as more are added to the list. I hope that helps :)