Tall_Timbers
Well-known member
I'd rather stay in practice using mirrors and turning my head.
When my truck is in self-driving mode it yells at me if I turn my head to look at the mirrors.
I'd rather stay in practice using mirrors and turning my head.
I heard about an airline pilot complaining about airline regulations against deviating from computer projected courses, mostly to save the maximum amount of fuel.When my truck is in self-driving mode it yells at me if I turn my head to look at the mirrors.
dude, your too young to be having tech issues!!!!
Here is that technical beauty that I last drove, very complicated.I love to drive, but when my vision went I became a universal hazard, so I do not drive. Actually I was barred from driving back in the nineties by law.
I have been given rides in new Mercedes and a new BMW here in Spain, and I kept my mouth shut about all the ding dongs in each car. One of them stops automatically . They "talk" to the driver and whoever else is in the car. Both have gps, and so much more. It seems I would not even be able to start one let alone operate one. So, I understand how anyone feels about new cars. My last car was a Renault 9? I think, four door two seats capacity 4 or five. That was all the high tech it had. Yeah, if I am going to have to be tekky, I will stick to learning about my cell phone and my PC.............
I heard about an airline pilot complaining about airline regulations against deviating from computer projected courses, mostly to save the maximum amount of fuel.
"Soon every jet will have only two crew, a pilot and a dog. The pilot's job will be to feed the dog and the dog's job will be to bite the pilot if he touches the controls."
Given what you said, it seems we are right on course. Which is good. Heaven forbid we should be off course! That would totally ruin the computer projections.
She really is Lynx, cats aren't slavish like dogs, they KNOW they're our equals in ways that matter to them. Cats are actually more intelligent than dogs, much more as they have multitasking/skills brains like humans. We're told big brains are better but what really matters are the number/efficacy of network pathways connecting the neurons. Think you'd love the film Kedi [2016], it's lovely and shows how wild cats live in Istanbul, where they are very much loved for sure. Back in '16 they were welcomed even in restaurants, wonder if that's changed since '20. The subtitles are in Turkish but the video of Kedi on odysee is very watchable: https://odysee.com/@Ludmil:c/Kedi.2016.bg:4That avatar is of a much younger me.
Your cat looks very at ease in her environment. It is readily apparent that she has nothing to worry about and considers herself secure.
Using efficacy in a sentence...She really is Lynx, cats aren't slavish like dogs, they KNOW they're our equals in ways that matter to them. Cats are actually more intelligent than dogs, much more as they have multitasking/skills brains like humans. We're told big brains are better but what really matters are the number/efficacy of network pathways connecting the neurons. Think you'd love the film Kedi [2016], it's lovely and shows how wild cats live in Istanbul, where they are very much loved for sure. Back in '16 they were welcomed even in restaurants, wonder if that's changed since '20. The subtitles are in Turkish but the video of Kedi on odysee is very watchable: https://odysee.com/@Ludmil:c/Kedi.2016.bg:4
Anyway, my little darling is 10 now and she's actually even more beautiful. She obviously has very recent Persian heritage, which is great for her looks but sucks for her health, heart and waterwork issues. Her quality of life is really good, she isn't obviously affected by her issues but probably will become so as she gets older. I'd do the right thing by her and during the summer, i shave her fur as it's so thick and long. There's a very slender, incredibly youthful looking li'l Princess under all that fur, she looks gorgeous and clearly feels good.
As you can probably tell, i love her to bits, she is really intelligent and a very strong character. I'll tell her you thought she's gorgeous![]()
What a beautiful furry purry!
The problem with a lot of new cars is visibility. I used to be able to drive without bumping into things. Now without the sensors, My car would be dented even more than it is. I had a Mitsubishi sedan that I reversed parked with 6" either end. A passerby was amazed. I knew exactly where the car's front and rear were. Now I'm reliant on the reversing camera and front bumper sensors.This thread is about old people getting used to new things.
I picked up a 2016 Hyundai Elantra. Lord help me...
Before this, my latest model car was the 2003 Mazda minivan. Lots of stuff for me to get used to now. The motor starts if you hit the lock button four times, and I'm never quite certain the car is entirely turned off when I leave it. I need a jump start kit, stat. The battery ran down last night at church and I had to get a jump from a friend.
As an old phart I of course don't care about most of the bells and whistles. The navigation map can go fry its processors. I don't care at all about Bluetooth. The backup camera can go blind for all I care.
But there is one feature I kind of like... In the bottom left corner of the dashboard screen, the current speed limit on the road I'm traveling is always displayed. That could come in really handy.
How about you? What kind of newfangled junk have you had to get used to lately, that left you feeling old and out of date?
![]()
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xTXeksgzQg8The problem with a lot of new cars is visibility. I used to be able to drive without bumping into things. Now without the sensors, My car would be dented even more than it is. I had a Mitsubishi sedan that I reversed parked with 6" either end. A passerby was amazed. I knew exactly where the car's front and rear were. Now I'm reliant on the reversing camera and front bumper sensors.
I love the GPS. It displays right in front of the driver, like a street map on the screen. I have no sense of direction.
Frustrated with tech? For sure. I'm trying to get into Wordpress to work on my website. Wordpress just laughs at me.
Brilliant. I don't even have an old style handbrake in my car now. I used to do that in my old Ford to do tight u-turns. Not any more.