Newly found into Christ, but there's one problem.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
I'll start off by saying my name is Cory, I've been a christian for roughly 3 years. Before that I did believe and God, but never really followed. A friend of mine talked to me, and I had decided it was time for me to accept Jesus into my life and be saved. But the big problem in my life now, and this will sound very strange and disturbing but it's true. Me and my sister (We are blood sisters) have been in a relationship for about 5 months, it's a really long story but to sum it up. We had a hard childhood together, and our parents are no longer with us. But we always had a thing for each other, and it's strange but as Christians we should all know it is wrong to judge one another. But we are really happy with one another. We both want to know if it is wrong for us, is there anywhere in the bible that says it is wrong?
Greetings brother Cory,
You say above that you are in a relationship with your blood sister, is that a sexual relationship or just a relationship where you have strong feeling for her? Are you and her still living under your parents house, or do you and her live elsewhere? Why i am asking because age is an important part of any relationship, you may be so young that you do not know what love is, or might be merely infatuated with her. Anyways.

i am assuming you are talking about a sexual relationship, and if so, this is what i have to say on the matter. With God it does not matter the WHO in your situation. The sin is having a sexual relationship not being married. ANY sexual relationship with another person who is not your spouse is a sin against God. ANY SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE is a sin against God. So the relationship (if your having sex) you describe above is wrong and is against God, because it is fornication.

Know you not that you can love your sister, and be happy with one another as you say above WITHOUT adding sex into the equation? Why does this generation think to love another person it must include a sexual relationship.

Again i will say, Any person who has a sexual relationship with another person that they are not married to, commits sin, and it is against God, and they should cease to do such wickedness before His eyes.

Again another warning, which is given to you in LOVE, and hopes to maybe help a few. ANYONE who is engaging in a sexual relationship that are not HUSBAND AND WIFE, when Christ comes, or you die, or are killed. And have not ceases from such activities, will NOT be taken up with Him during the Rapture. Lo, i have told you the Truth. Maybe a few will hearken to it, repent and cease to do that wickedness ever again. One who truly repents of a sin, ceases to do that sin again, else how sorry are they, if they continue to do it?

^i^

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent...

GOD_IS_LOVE

Mar 16, 2009
We are blood sisters
How are you sisters when your profile says you're a male?
As Christians we should all know it is wrong to judge one another.
As Christians we have a duty to call sin for what it is. Besides the fact that we're talking about incest, which is forbidden in the Bible, we're also talking about fornication (having sexual relations without being married).
I've been a christian for roughly 3 years. Me and my sister have been in a relationship for about 5 months.
So this pretended relationship started after you became a Christian... I think this post is just a silly joke.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Cory, as a Christian, I can tell you there is Nothing wrong with what you are doing. If God wants you and you Sister to be together then so be it. :) I hope you to are very happy. only the Heavenly Father has the right to judge you on that.
Others have already posted the scriptural basis for incest being a sin, and in reality even if it wasn't specifically taught against in scripture, it would still be a sin. The OP is a resident of the United States (as are you) and incestuous relationship are illegal in all 50 states with the potential for criminal proceedings if caught. So this alone makes it a sin since we are admonished in 2nd Peter 2, Romans 13, and 1st Peter 2 to obey the civil authorities.

K

keep_on_smiling

More often than not, as believers when we question if something is right or wrong, it's tends to be wrong. In this case what you are asking is a sin. I know you love your sister, but I also believe you both know that by being together you are committing a sin. Pray and seek God's will in this situation. It's wise not to be living together.

C

Cecillia504

Leviticus 18:6, NIV. "No one is to approach any close relative to have sexual relations."

Not to mention it is against the law.

Basically - if you have to question a moral choice, then you should not do it.

Feb 11, 2012
You are in great sin, you must repent now, seek the mercy of God, and get saved, the problem is you never repented, your heart is still defiled, you are in insest, and will be judged harshly.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Corinthians 5:1
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that is not tolerated even among pagans, for a man has his father's wife.

P

pastel1

is your sister saved?

I

intercessorginger

Yes it is a wrong and it is a sin. You must renounce this relationship with eachother. I believe you should get prayer fromt he Ministers at your church as well.

L

libertygirl

I don't think OP is a troll. People go through all sorts of stuff.

My suggestion, OP, is that you ask God to remove the romantic feelings you both have for each other. Chances are, you are attracted to her because of the deep wounds you carry, but God wants to heal you. Don't be discouraged. God wants to bless you above and beyond anything you can imagine. You can trust Him with the plans He has for your life. :)

A

aprilandkeion

incest is a sin, sin does lead to death, it is a lie that the enemy try to insist in your mind, if you follow Christ you must turn away from all kinds of wickedness. Jesus said “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Jesus said if you love me, obey me...

P

Powemm

Like I said. This is a great place to come to discover and learn Gods truth ... It's a matter of "believing God" In anything, ask Him , you can be assured The Holy Spirit Of truth will bring exactly what God says to you ... In a matter of who to trust ALWAYS ALWAYS look towards
The ones who point you "back to Christ ".

N

ngosi

You have been answered right and wrong too!!! When asking this I know deep inside of you you have an answer. Sex out of marriage, Incest (actually is criminal in my country), and God forbids. Please yourself and you can as well kiss your salvation goodbye. That is an influence by some evil forces. Let the Christ that you have accepted transform you and stop continuing being conformed with the world. Many are called but few are chosen. Pray, Pray, Pray.

B

BADDOG

Hi to all GBU,,,,

The first thing i would like to pick up on is you tell us your blood sisters ,,,,, so i guess the name Cory is a ladys name not a guys name ,,, and that you and your blood sister are in a relationship ,,so that would make you both GAY ,,,,,
as this is the case you both need to stop NOW ,,,and even if you were brother and sister its still wrong !!!!

stop now get the help you need for the past hurts and move on ,,,i understand you carry many many hurts with you ,,,,but get the help you need to get the healing from your past

BADDOG

B

BADDOG

there blood sisters ,,,,,, read what she said ,,,its not a boy and girls here ,,,there blood sisters