Newlywed Divorce

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Chuckt

I can't talk to my parents because I don't have a close relationship with them. I am in my 30s so it's not like they have a true say anyhow. I don't have his parents information and his parental situation is not a stable one either. As far as divorce goes, I don't believe in it and I did not come here for anyone to tell me to get one. I'm here because this is supposed to be a Christian support chat. Since when did Christians advocate divorce and such? Anyhow, I will continue to seek guidance from God and whatever happens must be His will. Thanks for your response and my hope is in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 7:15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances; God has called us to live in peace.

W

WarriorForChrist

I'm really not going to be the support figure here. You say you have known him for a month and only met him twice before you guys decided to get married? You had sex right off the bat and now you are pregnant? Now you married him because you are pregnant and the guy wants to leave? What did you think would happen?

Are you a Christian? If so these aren't fruits of a Christian at all. You need to repent of your sin and get right with God.

Now for the good part. God loves you and forgives all sin. You are now blessed with another life living inside of you and you need to cherish this and teach your baby to walk for the Lord. If you trust in God everything else will work out. God Bless

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You met a guy online, went to meet him, had sex, then married him? wowww.. You are in quite a pickle here. Online romances rarely work out, online marriages sometimes don't work out. You didn't even know this guy, weren't smart enough or safe enough to use a condom, and married him after the second visit to him. :/ Now he wants a divorce because he realizes he made a mistake. If you were honest with yourself, you'd see that this was a COLOSSAL mistake that never should have happened, and if the two of you used some restraint when you met, you wouldn't be preggers now.

God lets things like this happen for a reason. Hopefully you'll learn a good lesson out of this, because this is a train wreck in progress and it won't end well. Maybe you should have gotten to know him for a few YEARS before you married him. Hopefully the next time you have sex, you'll use protection so you don't bring any more kids into this mess. OR get some STD's.. If HE files divorce papers, you'll have no choice but to sign them.

W

WarriorForChrist

You met a guy online, went to meet him, had sex, then married him? wowww.. You are in quite a pickle here. Online romances rarely work out, online marriages sometimes don't work out. You didn't even know this guy, weren't smart enough or safe enough to use a condom, and married him after the second visit to him. :/ Now he wants a divorce because he realizes he made a mistake. If you were honest with yourself, you'd see that this was a COLOSSAL mistake that never should have happened, and if the two of you used some restraint when you met, you wouldn't be preggers now.

God lets things like this happen for a reason. Hopefully you'll learn a good lesson out of this, because this is a train wreck in progress and it won't end well. Maybe you should have gotten to know him for a few YEARS before you married him. Hopefully the next time you have sex, you'll use protection so you don't bring any more kids into this mess. OR get some STD's.. If HE files divorce papers, you'll have no choice but to sign them.
I agree with everything you have said accept for the having sex again part. I would add, DON'T HAVE SEX UNTIL YOU ARE MARRIED. lol sorry for the caps

Jan 27, 2015
Really? Not to sound cold, but plenty happens that is not His will. Do you think this situation was His will?
Man does not determine God's will. Just because you see what you see does not make it any less His will for my life. This shall work out with the intended life lesson that He wants me to learn. As for man's opinion I could care less. But your feedback has been noted!
I'm with hoss2576. Just because it happened, doesn't mean it was God's will. His will for your life never requires you to sin. You can't put that on God. He can make good out of bad, but that doesn't mean He wills the bad.

L

Lennamorning

I'm really not going to be the support figure here. You say you have known him for a month and only met him twice before you guys decided to get married? You had sex right off the bat and now you are pregnant? Now you married him because you are pregnant and the guy wants to leave? What did you think would happen?

Are you a Christian? If so these aren't fruits of a Christian at all. You need to repent of your sin and get right with God.

Now for the good part. God loves you and forgives all sin. You are now blessed with another life living inside of you and you need to cherish this and teach your baby to walk for the Lord. If you trust in God everything else will work out. God Bless
Lucky for me your opinion does not count. Don't speak on what you don't know. On second thought, keep on preaching YOUR gospel.

G

Gello

Prayer is the key for all answers. I will keep you in prayer.

L

Lennamorning

I'm with hoss2576. Just because it happened, doesn't mean it was God's will. His will for your life never requires you to sin. You can't put that on God. He can make good out of bad, but that doesn't mean He wills the bad.
Well I'm glad you are man and that your opinion does not count in life. Yay...

L

Lennamorning

I'm glad I posted on here. God is showing me just how ignorant you so called Christians are. Looks like you people need saving because all this judgment and none of you are Jesus! All you people are are pharisees. We all know what they did so I will continue to laugh at you hypocrites that think you know anything about God and how He works.

K

kaylagrl

I don't even know where to start. I just got married a week ago and already my husband wants a divorce. I never thought this would happen to me but here I stand heartbroken and confused. I also just discovered that we are pregnant with our first child. How could he stress me and abandon us in this most vulnerable time? I was very clear before we got married that I don't believe in divorce and I begged him to reconsider. We don't really know each other. We met online and I went to see him twice. The second visit is when we were married. We have known each other for less than a month and now he wants out. He is surrounded by other men that are currently going through messy divorces and says that they are looking out for him. I don't know what to do as I don't want to lose my new husband and I don't want my baby to grow up without both parents. I don't believe that God would let this happen but I also don't like the way he has spoken to me and emotionally abused me. We've only been married for a week tomorrow and I don't know what to do. I pray so hard for God to restore this marriage. I don't know what else to do.

Well I come at this issue from a different perspective than others here.I actually did meet my husband online also. We talked for a month before we met. Then we met in a safe place, a restaurant my friend owned. We had a lot in common and we decided to date.He came to my parents house to pick me up each weekend,so they got to know him. We dated for 4yrs before we were engaged. And took another 3yrs before we got married. We took so long some of my family laughed at me and said we'd never marry.I ignored them,we wanted to be sure and take our time. I never asked for,nor mentioned a ring.I wanted him to ask me to marry if and when he was ready.Once we were engaged I planned no wedding.I waited until he had a good job in my area,he lived an hour away,and we bought our house before we married. He lived in our house for a year alone. So Im saying all that to say this,you jumped the gun. You rushed into a relationship. God isn't to blame. God can make the best out of a bad situation but there are consequences for the mistakes we make. You need to be careful of your child.If he doesn't want to be married its doubtless he'll want a child. Yes,God will see you through. But be more careful of quick decisions and jumping in. Take more time to pray and wait on the Lord.

L

Lennamorning

Well I come at this issue from a different perspective than others here.I actually did meet my husband online also. We talked for a month before we met. Then we met in a safe place, a restaurant my friend owned. We had a lot in common and we decided to date.He came to my parents house to pick me up each weekend,so they got to know him. We dated for 4yrs before we were engaged. And took another 3yrs before we got married. We took so long some of my family laughed at me and said we'd never marry.I ignored them,we wanted to be sure and take our time. I never asked for,nor mentioned a ring.I wanted him to ask me to marry if and when he was ready.Once we were engaged I planned no wedding.I waited until he had a good job in my area,he lived an hour away,and we bought our house before we married. He lived in our house for a year alone. So Im saying all that to say this,you jumped the gun. You rushed into a relationship. God isn't to blame. God can make the best out of a bad situation but there are consequences for the mistakes we make. You need to be careful of your child.If he doesn't want to be married its doubtless he'll want a child. Yes,God will see you through. But be more careful of quick decisions and jumping in. Take more time to pray and wait on the Lord.
Never once have I blamed God and I also do not believe that "mistakes" are mistakes. I believe everything I do in this life has a purpose. This much has been true from my own experience. My relationship with God is solid so I don't care what anyones opinions on my life decisions are. I did not come here for condemnation but rather "true" Christian prayer. There is far too much stone casting in the Christian community all the while living in glass houses. I suppose it makes people feel good. None of the negativity or unnecessary commentary will affect my life one way or another. GOD'S opinion (truth) is the only thing that counts.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
One of the questions they asked me when I applied to get a marriage license was "How long have you known each other?" The people who hand out the forms have limits.
That's not how they roll in Las Vegas, Nevada.

K

kaylagrl

Never once have I blamed God and I also do not believe that "mistakes" are mistakes. I believe everything I do in this life has a purpose. This much has been true from my own experience. My relationship with God is solid so I don't care what anyones opinions on my life decisions are. I did not come here for condemnation but rather "true" Christian prayer. There is far too much stone casting in the Christian community all the while living in glass houses. I suppose it makes people feel good. None of the negativity or unnecessary commentary will affect my life one way or another. GOD'S opinion (truth) is the only thing that counts.

I never said you blamed God. Im so very tired of people coming here,unburdening themselves and when people make observations about their situations the scream that they are being judged. Im not judging your life. You said the following;

"We don't really know each other.We met online and I went to see him twice. The second visit is when we were married. We have known each other for less than a month and now he wants out."

Thats what you said,not my judgment on you. Then when I make a comment saying,yes you did rush in,which you admitted to,you get nasty with me for pointing out the obvious and what you admitted to. Im sorry I made any comment,that was suppose to be encouragement. I cast no stones at you,but you sure did throw some back. Im sorry I took the time to bother to comment. smh You dont want prayer,you dont want truth or observations,you want people to pat you on the back and tell you you're right. I'll move on and let others do just that for you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I never said you blamed God. Im so very tired of people coming here,unburdening themselves and when people make observations about their situations the scream that they are being judged. Im not judging your life. You said the following;

"We don't really know each other.We met online and I went to see him twice. The second visit is when we were married. We have known each other for less than a month and now he wants out."

Thats what you said,not my judgment on you. Then when I make a comment saying,yes you did rush in,which you admitted to,you get nasty with me for pointing out the obvious and what you admitted to. Im sorry I made any comment,that was suppose to be encouragement. I cast no stones at you,but you sure did throw some back. Im sorry I took the time to bother to comment. smh You dont want prayer,you dont want truth or observations,you want people to pat you on the back and tell you you're right. I'll move on and let others do just that for you.

​I totally agree, and you just earned yourself a rep. :)

L

Lennamorning

Thanks Blue, appreciate you.
Good for you two! Yay...you have all wisdom in life.

K

kaylagrl

Good for you two! Yay...you have all wisdom in life.
You know for a person in such desperate straits you seem very sarcastic. I hope you aren't trolling this site for attention.Because if I was in your situation I wouldn't be concerned with smart talking back to people,I'd be taking any Godly advice I could get. If you came here for prayer there is a prayer forum. I dont know why you gave your personal details and snap at people who comment on your own words. Thats extremely strange.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You say your relationship with God is "solid". If that were true, you wouldn't have had sex with some guy you didn't even know, nor would you be so sarcastic to us. You came here and aired your problems to us, so naturally you're going to get conflicting opinions and advice. NO ONES relationship with God is solid when they sin against him.. :/ Like Kayla said, all you want is a reassurance that this train wreck will work out fine. News flash, it won't.. The ONLY good thing to come from this, is the baby. I have great sympathy for the baby, but that's the ONLY one I have sympathy for in this whole mess.

L

Lennamorning

You say your relationship with God is "solid". If that were true, you wouldn't have had sex with some guy you didn't even know, nor would you be so sarcastic to us. You came here and aired your problems to us, so naturally you're going to get conflicting opinions and advice. NO ONES relationship with God is solid when they sin against him.. :/ Like Kayla said, all you want is a reassurance that this train wreck will work out fine. News flash, it won't.. The ONLY good thing to come from this, is the baby. I have great sympathy for the baby, but that's the ONLY one I have sympathy for in this whole mess.
Lucky for you and me that I don't care what you think!