NEWS FORUM DECORUM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
As of late many of the threads in this forum have degraded into nasty mannered mud slinging contests and as a result a couple of them have been closed in the past couple of days because there has been no individual user that has been the sole offender, just a topic that got heated and progressively the bar got lowered.

Christian Chat understands that some political and social topics are going to be hot button topics and that those topics are going to more prone to heated discussion, however we still expect those heated discussions to be held with a level of civility. For the time being if these discussions continue to degrade we will continue to close them, however we will reserve the right to remove some (or all) of the users that are frequent offenders.

**FOR THE RECORD**

Those who are "innocently" smacking the hornets nest and then running will be held just as accountable as those who lash back.

Mar 2, 2016
[h=3]I found this after reading your thread. I have been as guilty as anyone. We tend to lean on our own understanding. I am truly sorry that I contributed to it.

And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. (James 3:6)[/h]

K

kaylagrl

As of late many of the threads in this forum have degraded into nasty mannered mud slinging contests and as a result a couple of them have been closed in the past couple of days because there has been no individual user that has been the sole offender, just a topic that got heated and progressively the bar got lowered.

Christian Chat understands that some political and social topics are going to be hot button topics and that those topics are going to more prone to heated discussion, however we still expect those heated discussions to be held with a level of civility. For the time being if these discussions continue to degrade we will continue to close them, however we will reserve the right to remove some (or all) of the users that are frequent offenders.

**FOR THE RECORD**

Those who are "innocently" smacking the hornets nest and then running will be held just as accountable as those who lash back.

I'm hoping I'm not out of line here,if so I expect the post to be removed. I have been here some time on CC and never have seen threads closed as often as they are recently. We start to discuss something in the Bible and before long its not a discussion but a personal attack. I had one such person write to me and apologize,which I had no problem accepting. Im not sure what has happened to change things so quickly. Im not here to fight with anyone but there are times that no matter which way you turn you're facing someones ire. Im at a loss as to what is going on. The personal attacks are,for me,getting out of hand. Just saying how I feel. If this is out of line then I expect to see this post removed.

Dec 1, 2014
I'm guilty as charged.

I'd hate to be banned after having my year long infraction lifted yesterday. :)

E

eternally-gratefull

I'm guilty as charged.

I'd hate to be banned after having my year long infraction lifted yesterday. :)
I still have time to go on mine.. I think sometimes we just all need a reminder..

K

kaylagrl

You have one? Lol. I thought I was the only one. I'm in good company. :D
If I was banned I wouldn't be back. I think I need to start flagging people more. New comers,some of them,are getting up in peoples faces and then cry the blues when they get a reaction. I very rarely flag a post,did it maybe twice. Looks like I need to do it more often.

E

eternally-gratefull

If I was banned I wouldn't be back. I think I need to start flagging people more. New comers,some of them,are getting up in peoples faces and then cry the blues when they get a reaction. I very rarely flag a post,did it maybe twice. Looks like I need to do it more often.
I have only reported a few myself. But I agree, it is getting worse in here. I have probably reported more in the last month than the last three years.

Mar 2, 2016
I don't normally report people until I give them a chance to redeem themselves.

M

Mitspa

Maybe after this election season ..things will cool off ... I also will try to remember the honest and correct desires of those watching over the forum God Bless

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Maybe after this election season ..things will cool off ... I also will try to remember the honest and correct desires of those watching over the forum God Bless
Right, we can't carry the weight of the elections on our shoulders...that's God's department.

11-jesus-world.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.